Ben and Jerry Lose $2 Billion in Market Cap After Boycott

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The fallout of Ben & Jerry's Fourth of July tweet became evident as soon as the close of the stock market on Thursday, which reflected a loss of almost $1 per share.

Unilever, Ben & Jerry's parent company, had its shares listed at $52.28 at the end of the day on Monday, before the tweet called for the return of U.S. land to Native Americans. By Thursday, when about 30 million Twitter users had read the ice cream company's claim that "the US was founded on stolen Indigenous land" and opted to boycott the brand, its share price had fallen to $51.31.

Damn I did not know this boycott had legs.....But it might be just a typical market fluctuation.....At least they are losing value, but those are rookie numbers. Keep it up. ;)

Blah, they should have gone bankrupt 20 years ago when they pushed for the release of a cop killer.....Look up Mumia Abu-Jamal.

They were easy to flag early on as Bolsheviks and have been on my do not buy list for a very long, long time.

I never liked their products anyway and they lost a lot of their base customers when they sold out to Big Corp.

Last edited:
I don't think Ive ever had Ben and Jerry's before. Definitely don't plan on it now.

Then again I wrote them off when they full tilt on promoting black lives matter nonsense few years ago.

Anyway fuck em.

You guys truly are morons. Unilever paid $320M for Ben & Jerry’sj… that’s millions. Unilever is worth $125B, that’s Billion with a B. That makes Ben and Jerry’s worth about 0.3% of unilever. Zero impact to its stock price would be felt if B&Js went belly up.

Market cap

Price paid for them

Ben and Jerry ice cream is good. Still they sold the operational rights and it is a business that sells ice cream to whomever wants to buy it. Eating ice cream is not a social or justice issue. I can understand why B and J would be upset but they signed the deal for the money. B and J have a flavor called Change the Whirled. They can still champion there causes but lets not make ice cream political or a matter of social justice. let's just eat up.

The fallout of Ben & Jerry's Fourth of July tweet became evident as soon as the close of the stock market on Thursday, which reflected a loss of almost $1 per share.

Unilever, Ben & Jerry's parent company, had its shares listed at $52.28 at the end of the day on Monday, before the tweet called for the return of U.S. land to Native Americans. By Thursday, when about 30 million Twitter users had read the ice cream company's claim that "the US was founded on stolen Indigenous land" and opted to boycott the brand, its share price had fallen to $51.31.

Damn I did not know this boycott had legs.....But it might be just a typical market fluctuation.....At least they are losing value, but those are rookie numbers. Keep it up. ;)

Blah, they should have gone bankrupt 20 years ago when they pushed for the release of a cop killer.....Look up Mumia Abu-Jamal.

They were easy to flag early on as Bolsheviks and have been on my do not buy list for a very long, long time.

What the heck is it about VT that makes people so freaking liberal? I was just there. Beautiful, wooded, "mountainous" country and full of liberals. They gave us Bernie Sanders, for pity's sake.

I don't understand the East Coast. I....don't think I want to.

Indigenous tribe wants Ben & Jerry's to return 'stolen' land their HQ is built on​

SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vt. (TND) — Members of an indigenous tribe who are descendants of Native Americans have reportedly expressed interest in taking back the land now occupied by popular ice cream makers Ben & Jerry's after the company made a controversial call for America to return "stolen" land.

This is market cap not sales. This could be temporary, and even an adjustment to their large cap growth this year.
It's about sales. And it is too early to see that now.
Hopefully (as made obvious by my avatar) their sales plummets.

You guys truly are morons. Unilever paid $320M for Ben & Jerry’sj… that’s millions. Unilever is worth $125B, that’s Billion with a B. That makes Ben and Jerry’s worth about 0.3% of unilever. Zero impact to its stock price would be felt if B&Js went belly up.
IOW, the "Vermont hippies" sold out to BigCorp.

Figures.

I have no memory of ever once eating their ice cream. Blue Bunny is what I buy.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Well they were based in Vermont before they sold their interest. But your still young try something different.

Well they were based in Vermont before they sold their interest. But your still young try something different.
I’m wondering if they had a Bar Mitzvah in their youth ( or were they raised in Ethnic only non practicing Marxist Jewish households ?

Ben Cohen appears to a Hebrew name and Jerry Greenfield is an English name. Still obvious they are pissed.

Forum List

Back