Zone1 Belief in God drops to 81 percent

Define slavery. Does that include indentured servants?

How would you prevent human trafficking--the majority which even today, are forced into prostitution, sweat shops, etc. which are essentially forms of slavery.
First we’d strip conservatives of their stolen power whose only concern is making money off the middle class.

First we’d strip conservatives of their stolen power whose only concern is making money off the middle class.

My commandment against slavery would not only cover servitude but all paid labor
Employers must pay a fair wage and workers provide an honest days work for that wage

This one stands out, because it seems the others can be directed to individuals. Is war directed at individuals or nations?

Keep in mind the original Ten were the responsibility of men, women, and children and are for the protection of men, women, and children. If this Commandment is directed towards men, women, and children, not just nations, what would be covered under "war"?

For example, would abortion be declared a war on the unborn? Would protests be declared war since, by definition, they disturb the peace? Would a child shoving another be a war? How about imprisoning criminals? Is that a war on criminals?

irregardless, there are no commandments from the heavens given the desert religions - and by their assertion prove the invalidity of their scriptures and the destitute nature they use in imposing their fallacies than those that truly exist for freeing a spirit through deeds and the rewards offered when properly adhered.

Last edited:
You talk like all nine gods are the same. That’s a cop out. But at least you admit there are a bunch. Your‘s is no better, no worse, as none are real.
My belief is in One God. In Abraham's time, a common belief is that each person had their own personal God. Another belief is that each God had charge of a certain area, or had a certain area of expertise.

From Abraham we have the insight that God is One. I testify that God is indeed real. He is beyond all understanding and that is why we have so many perspectives of Him.

My belief is in One God. In Abraham's time, a common belief is that each person had their own personal God. Another belief is that each God had charge of a certain area, or had a certain area of expertise.

From Abraham we have the insight that God is One. I testify that God is indeed real. He is beyond all understanding and that is why we have so many perspectives of Him.
One god ? Tell that to the other eight.So you don‘bt believe in the other eight, I have my doubts about just one more. BFD.,

Lowest level in US history and down 10 percent in the last decade

The unbelievers of Europe attack the Christians as their political opponents rather than as their religious adversaries; they hate the Christian religion as the opinion of a party much more than as an error of belief; and they reject the clergy less because they are the representatives of the Deity than because they are the allies of government.

In Europe, Christianity has been intimately united to the powers of the earth. Those powers are now in decay, and it is, as it were, buried under their ruins. The living body of religion has been bound down to the dead corpse of superannuated polity; cut but the bonds that restrain it, and it will rise once more. I do not know what could restore the Christian church of Europe to the energy of its earlier days; that power belongs to God alone; but it may be for human policy to leave to faith the full exercise of the strength which it still retains.

Alexis de Tocqueville

America should have heeded that warning.

Please be more precise. Specifically, who, exactly are these conservatives? Whose power did they steal, and exactly what was that power?

One god ? Tell that to the other eight.So you don‘bt believe in the other eight, I have my doubts about just one more. BFD.,
I addressed that. My belief is One God; that all others are the different perspectives of the One. It should not be one iota disturbing to anyone that some have the perspective of many Gods. It only makes those who believe that God is one a fraction of a millimeter ahead of those who don't. God is beyond human understanding.

Exactly
Why you should look to learn your whole life
What should each individual be taught? Who decides? For example, suppose some six-year-olds want to learn about dolphins, birds, stars, and cooking. What if a lot of them want to learn about God?

I have explained this before. Put God first, make God and His ways the first priority. It is not a demand--it is good counsel.

Which is why only the First Commandment is needed……Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

The rest come off as petty demanding worship and threatening punishment
A real God should not have to demand worship…..or else

Which one of the Commandments includes a threat?

I always found the second commandment to be kinda creepy. Maybe you can explain it

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

I always found the second commandment to be kinda creepy. Maybe you can explain it

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

moses was jealous of the golden calf ...

All powerful God: The reason this statement is wrong is that it only compares God's power to the likeness of ours. God's power, His emotions are beyond our comprehension. So what is He saying?

I am thinking of someone taking my young child. I would not stand for it, because I am a jealous parent, loving and doing what is best for my child. That is how God feels towards us. He is the Initiator, we are the Receiver.

Returning to God: He invites us to Him, but if we receive Him, we must then place Him first, always. If we turn to other priorities, those choices are going to affect children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and even great-great grandchildren. One of my ancestors turned from God and committed a wrong. I could see the effect that inequity had down to even the third and fourth generations.

Forum List

Back