Zone1 Before or After

What exactly did I say that was negative? Saying I do not know if any gods exist is hardly negative, In fact I would say it is about as neutral as one can be.

I have said lots of negative things about religion though.

I am asking questions about people not gods
Why does it matter to you if anyone shares your uncertainty about God?

And based on your previous comments on this forum I think you are not uncertain but rather sure that God is a myth

Why does it matter to you if anyone shares your uncertainty about God?

And based on your previous comments on this forum I think you are not uncertain but rather sure that God is a myth

I have a curious mind and have always enjoyed philosophical discussion

Only I don't take it personally when people question my personal philosophies like you seem to.

I have said that if gods do exist I do not believe they would be anything like the gods of the OT, NT or Koran

So if you want to be correct you should say I believe man made religions are myths

I have a curious mind and have always enjoyed philosophical discussion

Only I don't take it personally when people question my personal philosophies like you seem to.

I have said that if gods do exist I do not believe they would be anything like the gods of the OT, NT or Koran

So if you want to be correct you should say I believe man made religions are myths

Faith in God is a very personal thing

Faith in God is a very personal thing

And where have I said anything about your personal faith? Please quote the post.

I have made statements on religion and my own personal opinions on whether gods exist or not. I will certainly question religions and religious dogma and even criticize them but I do not think I have ever questioned your faith.

The very idea that I may disagree with you offends you doesn't it?

And where have I said anything about your personal faith? Please quote the post.

I have made statements on religion and my own personal opinions on whether gods exist or not. I will certainly question religions and religious dogma and even criticize them but I do not think I have ever questioned your faith.

The very idea that I may disagree with you offends you doesn't it?
You question everyones personal faith in God

No. Does listening to the State of the Union Address make someone a good citizen? If one cannot bring their active citizenship to the State of the Union Address, it is not likely it will teach them to be good citizen.

In the same way, if people cannot bring their daily life with them into to a place of worship, they are not likely to to include what is taught into their daily life.
So how is a person who has never been exposed to any religion not bring his personal life into that very first religious service he attends?

The question is how does one first come to believe in gods?

It's a purely hypothetical question in that there is no person born in the world today that is not exposed to religion from day one.

You question everyones personal faith in God

No I don't.

I give my position on the existence of gods and my opinion on religions

That offends you because I don't agree with you right?

No I don't.

I give my position on the existence of gods and my opinion on religions

That offends you because I don't agree with you right?
I dont care if you agree with me or not

But you care very much that everyone reject God as you do

And you think the Bible is the first place those ideas were ever written down?
well name me where before moses.....................these are only common sense values anyway....anyone breaking half of them is hopefully karmad with such severe tragedy one would never believe

Why do non believers talk so much about a subject they think is bullshit?

Are try trying to convince us or themselves?
these are usually the most unhappy people among us.......the most flawed in character.....a senseless path through life...this place is glaringly obvious

I do believe in a higher power, maybe God who knows? I fell away because I have seen so many so called hateful christians believing in something really called hate.
Thats a very odd excuse

If some bad Christians are damning themselves to Hell you want to go there too?

Thats a very odd excuse

If some bad Christians are damning themselves to Hell you want to go there too?
It's only an excuse. We'll ALL give an account of our lives on the Day of Judgement. The Adam and Eve excuse didn't work for them and it won't work for her or anyone else.

Why do non believers talk so much about a subject they think is bullshit?

Are they trying to convince us or themselves?
Because religious nuts try to impose their religion on others. Practice your religion. I hope it gives you all the comfort and answers that you want it to. Just don't expect to change our laws to comply to your religion, and these discussions will mostly go away.

The question is how does one first come to believe in gods?
How does one come to believe that the sun rises in the East, that a hot stove burns, that one can learn to swim? Observation. Experience.

As the saying goes about can and can't: Many believe they can know/experience God and His ways. Some believe they can't know/experience God and His ways.

Shrug. They are both right. Argue for limitations and you get to keep them.

Forum List

Back