Before and after images of the Middle East.

They are going empty because of boycott.

You see, Saudi Arabia didn´t suffer such hardships because of the oil price.

Exactly which boycott is that?

Now granted, there are sanctions put in place, but that is not the same thing as a boycott. And they only went into effect last year, so that does not explain the collapse a decade prior to that.

And Saudi Arabia did not suffer so much because it has a more distributed economy. Since the 1970's they have actively worked to diversify their economy, and done a great job doing so. Not just oil, they are now a world leader in the production of petrochemicals, including herbicides and plastic. They have also expanded their production of iron and steel, as well as invested in companies internationally. And they are the leading banking nation in that area of the world.

And for thousands of years the Arabs have also been traders. That is what they were known for going back to antiquity. And they still maintain that trade mentality today. Even today they are the center of a vast trading network.

This is what them survive so well, while Venezuela did not. They became a "one trick pony", and when that pony got sick the rest of their act collapsed.

And other countries like Mexico also did not suffer as much, because they also have a highly diverse economy. Primarily agriculture in addition to manufacturing. Oil was a big part of it, but never the main part.

Meanwhile, all you really just said is "blah blah Washington blah blah."

And boycott? Kellogg's left because the country could no longer provide enough raw materials to keep the factory running (and the crashing of the economy meant they could not even break even by importing grains to make into food). They were still there until that, and Ford is still there today building trucks. Not much of a "boycott" there.
I mean a boycott by the so called opposition. Media tell us there is no food, but why is it then that the Venezuelan people doesn´t cease to exist? It is because they also have food markets and a subsidized food program called CLAP. Caracas is in fact the cheapest capital in the world, followed by Damascus:

Also, Venezuelas soil treasures are many-sided. For example, they do not only have the world´s largest oil reserves, but also the fourth largest gas reserves.
Also, the USA is their largest import and export trading partner.

The oil price has a big impact on Venezuela but not that huge.

I mean a boycott by the so called opposition. Media tell us there is no food, but why is it then that the Venezuelan people doesn´t cease to exist?

You are aware that there is no opposition media in that country, right? All forms of media (including print, radio, and television) during the era of Chavez either followed exactly what they wanted, or were closed by force.

And the black market is thriving, meanwhile things like roof rabbit and flying rats have pretty much disappeared. And even 3 years ago the Government urged their own people to go out and hunt rabbits. And the government run zoos have put down almost all the animals and have been closed for years.

What you are confusing is the propaganda, meanwhile trying to pretend there is actually no problem at all.

2f9rrp.jpg

Last edited:
I mean a boycott by the so called opposition. Media tell us there is no food, but why is it then that the Venezuelan people doesn´t cease to exist?

You are aware that there is no opposition media in that country, right? All forms of media (including print, radio, and television) during the era of Chavez either followed exactly what they wanted, or were closed by force.

And the black market is thriving, meanwhile things like roof rabbit and flying rats have pretty much disappeared. And even 3 years ago the Government urged their own people to go out and hunt rabbits. And the government run zoos have put down almost all the animals and have been closed for years.

What you are confusing is the propaganda, meanwhile trying to pretend there is actually no problem at all.

2f9rrp.jpg
Of course, there are "opposition" and even international media. There is uncensored Internet and TV. People can watch CNN ect and see the lies you are fed with.

Of course, there are "opposition" and even international media. There is uncensored Internet and TV. People can watch CNN ect and see the lies you are fed with.

Then please give us a list of these "uncensored" TV stations in Venezuela. If you are saying something that is true, you should be able to easily prove your claim.

In reality, the last major opposition TV in Venezuela was RCTV. I guess you forgot the uproar of 2007 when the President ordered RCTV shut down. Then in 2010 he removed another 9 stations from the air for opposing his policies.

So tell me, exactly which stations in Venezuela are "opposition"?

Oh, and the Internet in Venezuela is indeed censored. After being struck from the country, RCTV moved it's operations overseas. But it can not be viewed in Venezuela, the government censors it and a great many other sources from viewing in that country.

Venezuela’s Internet freedom has been weakening for several years, with the country finally dropping from “partly free” to “not free” in annual reports by global democracy monitor Freedom House in 2017 – the year widespread protests broke out amid worsening living conditions caused by a drop in the global oil price and economic mismanagement.

As political tensions escalated in 2019, service providers increasingly blocked access to communications platforms and independent sources of information. These intermittent blocks often coincided with the opposition leader’s livestreamed speeches.

Now I am remembering why I lift this forum in the past. Far to many here are incapable of doing any kind of research at all, and simply vomit up their own personal beliefs with absolutely nothing to back them up. And when they are (easily) proven to be wrong, they just vomit up even more claims with nothing to back them up.

So please, show us your references for uncensored TV and Internet in Venezuela.

Then please give us a list of these "uncensored" TV stations in Venezuela. If you are saying something that is true, you should be able to easily prove your claim.

In reality, the last major opposition TV in Venezuela was RCTV. I guess you forgot the uproar of 2007 when the President ordered RCTV shut down. Then in 2010 he removed another 9 stations from the air for opposing his policies.

So tell me, exactly which stations in Venezuela are "opposition"?

Oh, and the Internet in Venezuela is indeed censored. After being struck from the country, RCTV moved it's operations overseas. But it can not be viewed in Venezuela, the government censors it and a great many other sources from viewing in that country.

Venezuela’s Internet freedom has been weakening for several years, with the country finally dropping from “partly free” to “not free” in annual reports by global democracy monitor Freedom House in 2017 – the year widespread protests broke out amid worsening living conditions caused by a drop in the global oil price and economic mismanagement.

As political tensions escalated in 2019, service providers increasingly blocked access to communications platforms and independent sources of information. These intermittent blocks often coincided with the opposition leader’s livestreamed speeches.

Now I am remembering why I lift this forum in the past. Far to many here are incapable of doing any kind of research at all, and simply vomit up their own personal beliefs with absolutely nothing to back them up. And when they are (easily) proven to be wrong, they just vomit up even more claims with nothing to back them up.

So please, show us your references for uncensored TV and Internet in Venezuela.
Start with this one:

However, you demand "opposition TV" while you don´t have them. You don´t have a TV channel that demands a system change. You don´t even have that kind of opposition that you demand for others.

The vast majority of TV Channels in Venezuela are privately owned.

I am a first hand watcher of Venezuelan freedom of Internet. I can see them on facebook.

Start with this one:

Uhhh, your very own reference states that it was sold to somebody with close connections to the government in 2013. After things like government leaders actually attacking their headquarters.

Globovisión, the Venezuelan TV channel that has been most critical of the Chávez government, will change owners in April, in a transaction that could drastically change its editorial policies.

The twenty-four-hour news channel will be sold after the April 14th presidential election to Juan Domingo Cordero, an insurance tycoon who is said to have a cozy relationship with Venezuelan government officials.

OK, I offer you congratulations on actually finding and using a reference. To bad the claim it is "opposition" is 7 years out of date.

Can you present a single one that is operating in 2020?

And yes, you can see them on Facebook. And I bet they are all singing the praises of the Government. Kinda like the ones I see from China and North Korea on Facebook. Meanwhile, people in Venezuela who speak out against the government on Facebook get arrested or loose their right to use the internet.

Start with this one:

Uhhh, your very own reference states that it was sold to somebody with close connections to the government in 2013. After things like government leaders actually attacking their headquarters.

Globovisión, the Venezuelan TV channel that has been most critical of the Chávez government, will change owners in April, in a transaction that could drastically change its editorial policies.

The twenty-four-hour news channel will be sold after the April 14th presidential election to Juan Domingo Cordero, an insurance tycoon who is said to have a cozy relationship with Venezuelan government officials.

OK, I offer you congratulations on actually finding and using a reference. To bad the claim it is "opposition" is 7 years out of date.

Can you present a single one that is operating in 2020?

And yes, you can see them on Facebook. And I bet they are all singing the praises of the Government. Kinda like the ones I see from China and North Korea on Facebook. Meanwhile, people in Venezuela who speak out against the government on Facebook get arrested or loose their right to use the internet.
Well, sold is sold. Still, there is Deutsche Welle, Venezuela´s opposition TV. And there are others.

No, you have pro and contra government pages on facebook.
Like this one:

And there are no North Korean facebook sites as North Korea is its own isolated intranet.

You still need to provide a US opposition source.

Well, sold is sold. Still, there is Deutsche Welle, Venezuela´s opposition TV. And there are others.

A German language station run from Germany is a "Venezuelan opposition station"? A station that does not even appear on your reference?

Like this one:

The amazing thing is, I went to the original site of that site, and it is an amateurish mess. But primarily it seems to be a complete Venezuela fanboy site. And almost video on it is from the government. "Opposition", eh?

There are some things that might be seen as "Opposition", but it is more tabloid than anything else. Like the Dictator's wife is being kept secret on purpose, and video of her might have been captured. And most of the "opposition" articles all seem to say the exact same thing.

"The US is behind us, and together the US and we are going to end this".

Come on now, you expect to be taken seriously with references like this?

A German language station run from Germany is a "Venezuelan opposition station"? A station that does not even appear on your reference?

Like this one:

The amazing thing is, I went to the original site of that site, and it is an amateurish mess. But primarily it seems to be a complete Venezuela fanboy site. And almost video on it is from the government. "Opposition", eh?

There are some things that might be seen as "Opposition", but it is more tabloid than anything else. Like the Dictator's wife is being kept secret on purpose, and video of her might have been captured. And most of the "opposition" articles all seem to say the exact same thing.

"The US is behind us, and together the US and we are going to end this".

Come on now, you expect to be taken seriously with references like this?
I am very sorry, but I don´t like Guaido and his feudalist, fascist "opposition". If you don´t accept the sources given as opposition, that is not my problem. There are enough sources, you can choose from.

We can also see that you don´t really check the sources. You would know that Deutsche Welle is Spanish in Venezuela and they are airing "critical" reports.

However, I am still waiting for that US opposition TV networks. If Maduro was millions of votes behind and is still the election winner, how would you call that?

However, I am still waiting for that US opposition TV networks. If Maduro was millions of votes behind and is still the election winner, how would you call that?

Fraud. Which is what every organization in the world has been saying about their elections for decades.

Kind of like that election in the US that so many cry was the start of a US coup in Iran. But for some reason they never discuss that the election was to essentially overthrow the Shah, and appoint the Prime Minister as essentially Dictator for Life. And he claims he won by over 99.8%.

Assad before US-Intervention:

You know that many areas of the country were a smoking crater even before the US got involved, right? The civil war started in 2010, we did not even get involved until 2014.

I am pretty much done with you. You present no facts, and when you do they contradict themselves as often as they are easily proven wrong. It is not even entertaining anymore to bust your lies, it is simply pathetic.

Fraud. Which is what every organization in the world has been saying about their elections for decades.
In the US you call it electoral college. The UN was invited by Maduro to observe the elctions but the US puppet opposition told them to stay away. Thy stayed away so the clowns can claim election fraud.

You know that many areas of the country were a smoking crater even before the US got involved, right? The civil war started in 2010, we did not even get involved until 2014.
It started in 2011.
Here is all you need to know:

I am pretty much done with you. You present no facts, and when you do they contradict themselves as often as they are easily proven wrong. It is not even entertaining anymore to bust your lies, it is simply pathetic.
Don try to fool people who read here. Not all of them eat all shit as long as it is their party that feeds it to them.
The forum is still here, check back the 2016 posts for example, when all republicans turned into big Assad supporters. Are you one of those who adopt any policy given or choose your representatives by their policy?

In the US you call it electoral college. The UN was invited by Maduro to observe the elctions but the US puppet opposition told them to stay away. Thy stayed away so the clowns can claim election fraud.

OK Mister, the Conspiracy Theory section is that way:

<------>

The UN and most organizations did not send representatives because they had already done that before. The entire world already knew it was a sham election, there was no reason to send representatives. And do you really think the US has the power to tell the UN what to do?

And most of those that accept the results are the usual suspects. Cuba, North Korea, Iran, El Salvador, Syria, China, etc. Meanwhile almost every other nation and political body rejected it. Heck, there were almost no representatives from anybody there because they changed the date of the election multiple times. Scheduled for December, pushed back to April, then again to May. With a huge number of opposition candidates being arrested between these times.

You try to compare it to a US election. Funny, I can not remember the Democrats (or Republicans) ever pushing the November election from November to March, then holding it in April. Each time arresting all the leading candidates they could on the other side.

No, I literally am done with all of this kind of nonsense.

er, the Conspiracy Theory section is that way:

<------>

The UN and most organizations did not send representatives because they had already done that before. The entire world already knew it was a sham election, there was no reason to send representatives. And do you really think the US has the power to tell the UN what to do?

And most of those that accept the results are the usual suspects. Cuba, North Korea, Iran, El Salvador, Syria, China, etc. Meanwhile almost every other nation and political body rejected it. Heck, there were almost no representatives from anybody there because they changed the date of the election multiple times. Scheduled for December, pushed back to April, then again to May. With a huge number of opposition candidates being arrested between these times.

You try to compare it to a US election. Funny, I can not remember the Democrats (or Republicans) ever pushing the November election from November to March, then holding it in April. Each time arresting all the leading candidates they could on the other side.

No, I literally am done with all of this kind of nonsense.
You have no idea. Your opposition boycotted the elections.

"Caracas – Supporters of Venezuela’s Democratic Unity Roundtable (MUD) opposition coalition marched on the headquarters of the United Nations in Caracas Monday to protest the possibility of the international body sending an observer mission to monitor the country’s upcoming May 20 elections.

In a letter addressed to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, the opposition alleged that an observer mission would “give a veneer of legality to an [electoral] process that lacks it.”

Last month, the Venezuelan electoral authorities formally invited the UN to send an observer mission to monitor the upcoming elections as part of an agreement negotiated between the government and the MUD, which the latter ultimately refused to sign. The UN is yet to confirm whether it will send a delegation in May.

Following the breakdown of internationally-mediated talks, the main opposition coalition announced it would boycott the presidential elections – which were then set for April 22 – claiming the date and electoral guarantees were inadequate to ensure a free and fair contest."

Forum List

Back