Bassam Tawil: Why Palestinians Cannot Have Peace Talks with Israel

MartyNYC

Gold Member
May 19, 2020
“The Palestinian campaign to vilify Israel and demonize Jews, as manifested in the rhetoric of their leaders and the Palestinian media, mosques and schools, has made it impossible for any Palestinian leader to seek a negotiated and peaceful settlement with Israel. A Palestinian leader who repeatedly condemns a visit by Jews to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Judaism's holiest site, as a "violent storming of the al-Aqsa Mosque," can never agree to sit at the same negotiating table with Jews.

These leaders have radicalized their people against Israel and Jews. If you tell your people that the Israelis are perpetrating "war crimes," "desecrating mosques" and "stealing land," what will the Palestinians think of you when they see you sitting with an Israeli? Recently, a group of Palestinian clan leaders and businessmen who were invited to an iftar (Ramadan fast-breaking meal) with Jews, received threats and were accused by many Palestinians of treason.

Many Palestinians see no difference between a Jew living in a Jewish community in the West Bank and a Jew living in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. For them, all Jews are foreigners who have no right ever to live there. The Palestinians still have not come to terms with Israel's right to exist as the homeland of the Jewish people, or as a place for anyone other than Muslims.

Palestinian leaders will never agree to a "negotiated two-state solution" with Israel as long as the message they are sending to the Palestinians says that Jews have no right to their own homeland. The belief that Palestinian leaders may soon resume the "peace process" with Israel indicates self-deception and wishful thinking.”

It's along these same lines that Dems can no ,longer stand for common sense.
Any Dem seeking office has to bow to come out as of the anti-Bill of Rights, anti-biology, anti-science, anti-safe elections, pro-proxy wars & infanticide cults to even be acknowledged.

It seems ages ago when DT had the Middle East actually trying to make peace withy Israel.
Now, they are driving mortal enemies Iran & the House of Saud together & into the arms of our enemies.

Any other Christians on here also notice how the geo-political makeup of the world is being steered into the exact blocks that Revelations talks about?
How a one world govt with an ability to cut you completely off from buying & selling is openly being pushed?
Wars & rumors of wars, pestilences, disasters, famine....

“The Palestinian campaign to vilify Israel and demonize Jews, as manifested in the rhetoric of their leaders and the Palestinian media, mosques and schools, has made it impossible for any Palestinian leader to seek a negotiated and peaceful settlement with Israel. A Palestinian leader who repeatedly condemns a visit by Jews to the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, Judaism's holiest site, as a "violent storming of the al-Aqsa Mosque," can never agree to sit at the same negotiating table with Jews.

These leaders have radicalized their people against Israel and Jews. If you tell your people that the Israelis are perpetrating "war crimes," "desecrating mosques" and "stealing land," what will the Palestinians think of you when they see you sitting with an Israeli? Recently, a group of Palestinian clan leaders and businessmen who were invited to an iftar (Ramadan fast-breaking meal) with Jews, received threats and were accused by many Palestinians of treason.

Many Palestinians see no difference between a Jew living in a Jewish community in the West Bank and a Jew living in Tel Aviv or Jerusalem. For them, all Jews are foreigners who have no right ever to live there. The Palestinians still have not come to terms with Israel's right to exist as the homeland of the Jewish people, or as a place for anyone other than Muslims.

Palestinian leaders will never agree to a "negotiated two-state solution" with Israel as long as the message they are sending to the Palestinians says that Jews have no right to their own homeland. The belief that Palestinian leaders may soon resume the "peace process" with Israel indicates self-deception and wishful thinking.”

Well, Jerusalem is off the table, settlements are off the table, refugees are off the table, the Jordan valley is off the table,...

What is there to negotiate?

Well, Jerusalem is off the table, settlements are off the table, refugees are off the table, the Jordan valley is off the table,...

What is there to negotiate?

Bill Clinton, “My Life,” on Arafat’s rejection of Clinton proposal for Palestinian statehood: “The deal was so good I couldn’t believe anyone would be foolish enough to let it go.” “Perhaps he simply couldn’t make the final jump from revolutionary to statesman.” “Right before I left office, Arafat, in one of our last conversations, thanked me for all my efforts and told me what a great man I was. ‘Mr. Chairman,’ I replied, ‘I am not a great man. I am a failure, and you have made me one.’” “Arafat’s rejection of my proposal after Barak accepted it was an error of historic proportions.”

Saudi Prince Bandar on Clinton proposal for Palestinian state (Accepted by Israel): “If Arafat rejects this, it won’t be a mistake, it will be a crime.” “There were always opportunities, but they were always lost”

Bandar speaks out: the changing landscape in the Mideast

Forum List

Back