Basketball Player Attacks Racist Texas Fan

Or "Racist Basketball Player Thug Attacks Senior White Fan"

Either way it's a lie, so it all depends on your agenda. Yours is quite clear.

Don't kill the messenger.

You're attempt at race baiting is a message we need to thank you for? It's pure fiction.

Marcus Smart needs to be punished, but were his actions warranted?

According to reports, what the fan said to Smart to draw his ire was just about the worst thing that an older white man can say to a young black man. Multiple people at the game and within earshot of Smart claim that he was yelling, “he called me a n*****“.

Marcus Smart needs to be punished, but were his actions warranted? | CollegeBasketballTalk

Don't kill the messenger.

You're attempt at race baiting is a message we need to thank you for? It's pure fiction.

According to reports, what the fan said to Smart to draw his ire was just about the worst thing that an older white man can say to a young black man. Multiple people at the game and within earshot of Smart claim that he was yelling, “he called me a n*****“.

Marcus Smart needs to be punished, but were his actions warranted? | CollegeBasketballTalk

Older article that has been currently refuted by the new information.

What new information? Jeff Orr saying he didn't do it?

No, Texas Tech investigated and found no evidence of a slur being said. Furthermore previous players now in the NBA who played against tech remember this guy, and while they said he was a screaming ass, they never remember him using racial slurs.

If slurs were truly involved, don't you think there would have been evidence to that point?

So far, everyone agrees, including Orr, that he called him a piece of crap. Orr has even volunteered to not attend any more Texas Tech games to calm the matter down, and this is a guy who drives a ton to go see as many games as possible.

No, Texas Tech investigated and found no evidence of a slur being said. Furthermore previous players now in the NBA who played against tech remember this guy, and while they said he was a screaming ass, they never remember him using racial slurs.

If slurs were truly involved, don't you think there would have been evidence to that point?

So far, everyone agrees, including Orr, that he called him a piece of crap. Orr has even volunteered to not attend any more Texas Tech games to calm the matter down, and this is a guy who drives a ton to go see as many games as possible.

I'm aware of the Texas Tech "investigation" . Everyone doesn't agree with their conclusion.

I'm aware of the Texas Tech "investigation" . Everyone doesn't agree with their conclusion.

Just can't admit your thread title is wrong, can't ya?

You are such a fucking loser.

Maybe this chair called him a racial slur too? Y! SPORTS

Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan in the final seconds of the 19th-ranked Cowboys' 65-61 loss to the Red Raiders on Saturday night in Lubbock, Texas.

Smart tried to block Jaye Crockett's dunk attempt from behind with 6.2 seconds to go but stumbled out of bounds behind the basket. As he was being helped up, he appeared to exchange words with a fan in the front row before lunging for the fan and pushing him with two hands. The fan, wearing a black Texas Tech shirt, stumbled backward but did not fall.

Smart then walked away, pointing back in the fan's direction. Officials assessed a technical foul but did not eject him, and he remained on the bench until the final buzzer.

The fan who Smart shoved is Jeff Orr, an air traffic controller in Waco, Texas, who travels thousands of miles each year to attend Texas Tech basketball games, according to athletic department spokesman Blayne Beal.

Smart has claimed to Oklahoma State coaches that Orr called him a racial slur, a member of the basketball program confirmed to ESPN.

After the game, Smart was "down and remorseful," the team official told ESPN, claiming that the sophomore guard "got caught up in the moment."

The Big 12 has set up a news conference for Sunday afternoon. Following that, Oklahoma State has scheduled a news conference for 6 p.m. ET at which Smart will speak.

Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State Cowboys shoves fan - ESPN Dallas

I think just a reprimand will be punishment enough.

I think being removed from the team and banned from college basketball should be enough.

For lying about the racial slur, ejection from college will do.

Maybe this chair called him a racial slur too? Y! SPORTS

:lol: don't be facetious.

I really don't care what the fan said, a player should never put his hands on a fan. Take away his scholarship.

Texas Tech conducted its own investigation of the altercation that said no racial slur was heard. In a statement released through the school, Orr denied using a slur and said he was sorry for calling Smart a "piece of crap."

So no racial slur. The guy called him a "piece of crap" and judging by how quick this being dropped I have a feeling it is accurate.

Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State Cowboys suspended 3 games for shoving fan - ESPN

Both apologized and were punished already so it kinda took the steam out of the story.

So when will you apologies for calling the guy a racist?

Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan in the final seconds of the 19th-ranked Cowboys' 65-61 loss to the Red Raiders on Saturday night in Lubbock, Texas.

Smart tried to block Jaye Crockett's dunk attempt from behind with 6.2 seconds to go but stumbled out of bounds behind the basket. As he was being helped up, he appeared to exchange words with a fan in the front row before lunging for the fan and pushing him with two hands. The fan, wearing a black Texas Tech shirt, stumbled backward but did not fall.

Smart then walked away, pointing back in the fan's direction. Officials assessed a technical foul but did not eject him, and he remained on the bench until the final buzzer.

The fan who Smart shoved is Jeff Orr, an air traffic controller in Waco, Texas, who travels thousands of miles each year to attend Texas Tech basketball games, according to athletic department spokesman Blayne Beal.

Smart has claimed to Oklahoma State coaches that Orr called him a racial slur, a member of the basketball program confirmed to ESPN.

After the game, Smart was "down and remorseful," the team official told ESPN, claiming that the sophomore guard "got caught up in the moment."

The Big 12 has set up a news conference for Sunday afternoon. Following that, Oklahoma State has scheduled a news conference for 6 p.m. ET at which Smart will speak.

Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State Cowboys shoves fan - ESPN Dallas

I think being removed from the team and banned from college basketball should be enough.

I think the punishment fits the crime. For the at the time lying about the slur, I can give him a "heat of the moment" pass, because he has come clean about it.

The fan is also a known heckler, so he gets some demerits for that, but the player still has the higher responsibility to control himself.

I think the punishment fits the crime. For the at the time lying about the slur, I can give him a "heat of the moment" pass, because he has come clean about it.

The fan is also a known heckler, so he gets some demerits for that, but the player still has the higher responsibility to control himself.

link?

link?

His apology notes nothing of a racial slur as an incitement, If there had been one, I'm sure this apology would not have been forthcoming, hell they would have waited for the fan to be banned from games forever before even issuing an apology.

uh, heat of the moment is what is keeping him from being arrested.

If the old man had fallen and or gotten hurt, the college would be coughing up the dough.

It's not the colleges job to raise him into a man, he should already be one.

Forum List

Back