Basketball Player Attacks Racist Texas Fan

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart shoved a Texas Tech fan in the final seconds of the 19th-ranked Cowboys' 65-61 loss to the Red Raiders on Saturday night in Lubbock, Texas.

Smart tried to block Jaye Crockett's dunk attempt from behind with 6.2 seconds to go but stumbled out of bounds behind the basket. As he was being helped up, he appeared to exchange words with a fan in the front row before lunging for the fan and pushing him with two hands. The fan, wearing a black Texas Tech shirt, stumbled backward but did not fall.

Smart then walked away, pointing back in the fan's direction. Officials assessed a technical foul but did not eject him, and he remained on the bench until the final buzzer.

The fan who Smart shoved is Jeff Orr, an air traffic controller in Waco, Texas, who travels thousands of miles each year to attend Texas Tech basketball games, according to athletic department spokesman Blayne Beal.

Smart has claimed to Oklahoma State coaches that Orr called him a racial slur, a member of the basketball program confirmed to ESPN.

After the game, Smart was "down and remorseful," the team official told ESPN, claiming that the sophomore guard "got caught up in the moment."

The Big 12 has set up a news conference for Sunday afternoon. Following that, Oklahoma State has scheduled a news conference for 6 p.m. ET at which Smart will speak.

Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State Cowboys shoves fan - ESPN Dallas

I think just a reprimand will be punishment enough.

Last edited:
I really don't care what the fan said, a player should never put his hands on a fan. Take away his scholarship.

I really don't care what the fan said, a player should never put his hands on a fan. Take away his scholarship.

Texas Tech conducted its own investigation of the altercation that said no racial slur was heard. In a statement released through the school, Orr denied using a slur and said he was sorry for calling Smart a "piece of crap."

So no racial slur. The guy called him a "piece of crap" and judging by how quick this being dropped I have a feeling it is accurate.

Marcus Smart of Oklahoma State Cowboys suspended 3 games for shoving fan - ESPN

Texas Tech conducted its own investigation of the altercation that said no racial slur was heard. In a statement released through the school, Orr denied using a slur and said he was sorry for calling Smart a "piece of crap."

So no racial slur. The guy called him a "piece of crap" and judging by how quick this being dropped I have a feeling it is accurate.

Both apologized and were punished already so it kinda took the steam out of the story.

Both apologized and were punished already so it kinda took the steam out of the story.

Such a shame, huh. You so wanted the racist lie to have legs

But your thread title is now grossly innacurate.

But your thread title is now grossly innacurate.

How so?... well he is a Texas Tech fan.

Last edited:

He got a 3 game suspension which seems fair.

Disagree. You can't have players putting their hands on fans. That's a big no no. And now it's come to light that he lied about a racial slur being used by the fan. This kid got off easy IMO.

He got a 3 game suspension which seems fair.

Disagree. You can't have players putting their hands on fans. That's a big no no. And now it's come to light that he lied about a racial slur being used by the fan. This kid got off easy IMO.

How do you know he lied?

Last edited:
I'll fix it. "Basketball Player Attacks Most Likely Racist Texas Fan" better?

There is no evidence either way, your post is now not only inflammatory, but also libelous.

lible is debatable but how about "Basketball Player Attacks Accused Racist Texas Fan"?

Or "Racist Basketball Player Thug Attacks Senior White Fan"

Either way it's a lie, so it all depends on your agenda. Yours is quite clear.

Forum List

Back