Baseball sells out

This isn't an argument for or against what they did but why did they HAVE to? They didnt for how many years now?

Because it opens up the comparisons between the teams and puts the NL team in the WS into a poorer situation because most of the season the manager has managed with having to factor in what amounts to an automatic out for his team...now he has to change his management style.

I actually like these rules. Bating averages will be going up. That’s cool to see. Games will be shorter. I really don’t know what’s not to like

Nobody wants to see pitchers try to hit.
The DH is fertile ground for dispute. I like it because, generally, making pitchers try to hit is just a waste of time. (Ohtani and the Babe notwithstanding.)

The shift is playing within the rules but the cure for it shouldn’t be to outlaw it. The cure should be learning how to hit against it. Make the defense pay by making bunting practice obligatory.

Pitch clock? Good idea.

Ghost runners in extra innings? I can’t hate on it enough. Thankfully, I believe it’s scheduled demise is already coming.

Last edited:
The shift is playing within the rules but the cure for it shouldn’t be to outlaw it. The cure should be learning how to hit against it. Make the defense pay by making bunting practice obligatory.

I like the shift when my team does it and hate it when the other team does it.

Agree, how about elevate players to the majors who aren’t crippled by the shift.

To me it is like saying they should ban the curve ball because some batters struggle to hit it

The Designated Hitter option was begun this year in the National Leaue.

I’d like to see the elimination of the Central Division and those teams divided up between the East and West. During the regular season, the East plays the East and the West plays the West. Only during the playoffs do the East and West meet and the winner goes on to the World Series.
That is what MLB seems to be approaching
That, and elimination of Inter League play.
They are going to play every team next year like the NBA East - West league.

Yes.

Pitch clock? Good idea.

Ghost runners in extra innings? I can’t hate on it enough. Thankfully, I believe it’s scheduled demise is already coming.
I like it. I am not seeing it being "biased," or anything. Games do not continue because each team keeps making a run. The games continue because neither team seems to score on the advantage.

On second thought, I really don’t like them making the bases larger

It shortens the distance between home and first and first and second.

How many times have you seen a base runner thrown out by an inch? How often to you see a guy stealing second be out by an inch

The distance between bases has always been the same
Leave it alone

Forum List

Back