Baseball sells out

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Changes for next year…

DH in the National League- After 50 years of making the Pitcher hit, they have finally sold out

Pitch Clock- i approve

Make bases a half inch wider- Who cares?

Ban Shift- Why not ban the Curve Ball to help batters who can’t hit it?

The shift was killing baseball, analytics based defenses that kept hit rates low. Plus, the length of time pitchers dawdle does not work with restless fans. I'm guessing the strike just ended?

The shift was killing baseball, analytics based defenses that kept hit rates low. Plus, the length of time pitchers dawdle does not work with restless fans. I'm guessing the strike just ended?
Strike is still on

If you get shut down by the shift, maybe they can replace you with a player who can handle it

Pitch clock is long overdue

They also need to keep the batter in the box
None of that step out after every pitch, adjust your crotch, spit, adjust your gloves, spit, wiggle your helmet.

I could care less.
I was a major fan before the 94 strike.
I have not watched a full game ever since, watched portions of a few World Series games in the 90s. But I have not watced even a portion of a game in the past 20 years.
And probably never will. The players showed they didn't care about the fans back then, and nothing has changed to make me think different. In fact, like the NBA - it is worse than ever.

Nobody wants to see a player who sits on the bench the whole game looking for a few at bats

Play both sides
I watch baseball for the hitting.

As our high school coach said “If you can hit, we’ll find a place for you!”

I said this before. Major Professional League Sports needs to collapse. If it affects some or all of the toys in the overly expensive stadiums, so be it.

Maybe a new pro league will startup and we can get back to fan-friendly baseball.
No More Mendoza Line

I'd like to see separate teams within a team, as in football. The best fielders on defense only; the best hitters on offense (they only need 6) only. To make it even more exciting, the fastest runners to pinch-run without taking a player out of the game.

I’d like to see the elimination of the Central Division and those teams divided up between the East and West. During the regular season, the East plays the East and the West plays the West. Only during the playoffs do the East and West meet and the winner goes on to the World Series.

That, and elimination of Inter League play.

Strike is still on

If you get shut down by the shift, maybe they can replace you with a player who can handle it

Pitch clock is long overdue

They also need to keep the batter in the box
None of that step out after every pitch, adjust your crotch, spit, adjust your gloves, spit, wiggle your helmet.
Mike Hargrove

This was one player who did that and was called "the Human Rain Delay"

I watch baseball for the hitting.

As our high school coach said “If you can hit, we’ll find a place for you!”

You are like most current fans who are killing the one time National Pastime only interested in Home Runs and Strikeouts

Small ball is gone. No more singles hitters. No Hit and Run. No Stolen Bases. No interest in great defensive plays.
Baseball is slow as hell.
But what made it interesting was the nuances, the strategy, second guessing what the manager is doing

Waiting around for Home Runs is boring
4 1/2 hour games are boring

Only Make Sense in the Little League

Making the pitcher hit is as stupid as making the first basemen pitch.

We never used to expect much hitting out of a Shortstop but marveled at his defensive skills.

Should we DH for a Shortstop or Catcher next?
Why not just replace them with a better hitter?
The fans would love it

I could care less. Low IQ grammar. Yours means you care too much.
I was a major fan before the 94 strike.
I have not watched a full game ever since, watched portions of a few World Series games in the 90s. But I have not watched even a portion of a game in the past 20 years.
And probably never will. The players showed they didn't care about the fans back then, and nothing has changed to make me think different. In fact, like the NBA - it is worse than ever.
If You're Not a Union Man, You're Not a Man at All. You Are a Manservant.

Owners aren't earners. You Scrooge-lovers would just love to see everybody in sweatshops again and the Plutocratic Parasites making all our laws. Preaching that businessmen create jobs is like saying that vampires create blood.

Forum List

Back