Barr ordered officials to clear area around Lafayette Square before Trump’s protest remarks, officials say

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I was going to suggest the same as they showed Barr surveying the area before hand. This decision is on him.

Trump needs to use this as a foil if anyone asks him about him not supporting peaceful protests. He has to say, quite honestly, "I wasn't aware of what security measures they took before hand. I planned on visiting this church to show solidarity with people of faith and anyone who was a victim of the riots as this church had been vandalized. I need to be clear that as president and as Americans, we will not back down to those who exploit this mans death by those seeking chaos, sometimes violent efforts against all of us. It's that simple".

Barr ordered officials to clear area around Lafayette Square before Trump’s protest remarks, officials say

Attorney General Bill Barr ordered law enforcement officials to extend the perimeter of Lafayette Square before President Trump ventured outside the White House on Monday to visit sites vandalized during violent protests, administration officials tell Fox News.

According to one senior administration official, the plan had been made to extend the perimeter of the park -- which is across the street from the White House -- by one block. Both peaceful and violent protests have taken place at Lafayette Square in recent days.

The order was executed Monday afternoon just minutes before the president gave a public address on the nationwide unrest following the death of George Floyd. The act -- which came shortly before a city curfew went into effect -- has ignited outrage from critics who claim protesters were moved so the president could participate in a photo opportunity.

Good, too bad they didn't machine gun a bunch of your buddies.

I do feel sad for some, like miketx.
My friends are on both sides of the aisle.
Hard for miketx to imagine.
I have a hard time with so-called Antifa, Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boys and White Power.
All scum far L/R agitators.

1591133556574.png

I wonder what he thinks pepper balls are , and why did they use rubber bullets.

if a cop tell me to ----"go away for security reasons"----
I do

What if they tell you, Move away so the President can take a picture
Yes. You dont get to make a judgment. You dont get a choice
I think the constitution actually gives you a clear choice. The right to peacefully protest is pretty enshrined in there. I wasn't aware of a clause that gives a president the right to abridge those rights for a photo op.

They have the entire country to protest...they should have fucked off without having to be removed...dirtbags.
Yes, of course, because people should protest where it has absolutely has no impact. Said no one ever.
Look, say for instance I'm in the mall...eatin some frozen yogurt...buying a shirt...hangin out with the Mrs. and some cop comes up and says

"Excuse me, but the leader of the free world is coming to this mall. We are going to need you to leave"

Am I going to say 'NO', and hang around until they gas me? NO...because I am a guy who appreciates the fact that if the big guy needs to come to my space then there are a lot of wheels that need to turn. I can go a quarter mile down the road to TCBY...or I can go to another mall a few miles away if I want a shirt.

In short...I'm not a fuckin self important douche bag who thinks the world revolves around me.
I'm a team player.
These faggots were not...so they got maced.

The End.

They have the entire country to protest...they should have fucked off without having to be removed...dirtbags.
Yes, of course, because people should protest where it has absolutely has no impact. Said no one ever.
Look, say for instance I'm in the mall...eatin some frozen yogurt...buying a shirt...hangin out with the Mrs. and some cop comes up and says

"Excuse me, but the leader of the free world is coming to this mall. We are going to need you to leave"

Am I going to say 'NO', and hang around until they gas me? NO...because I am a guy who appreciates the fact that if the big guy needs to come to my space then there are a lot of wheels that need to turn. I can go a quarter mile down the road to TCBY...or I can go to another mall a few miles away if I want a shirt.

In short...I'm not a fuckin self important douche bag who thinks the world revolves around me.
I'm a team player.
These faggots were not...so they got maced.

The End.
Yes, you might be that guy. Maybe I might be the guy that figures the "big guy" as you refer to him has no more right to be there than I do. And regardless of his position he certainly hasn't got the right to remove me by force. I fully acknowledge that that might be a dick move but being a dick is not illegal. ( luckily for Trump) Unlike using force against people who have the legal right to be there. What would have happened if that intervention would have resulted in a fatality? Rubber bullets have killed before. There would have been a person killed for the benefit of a photo op. Talking about a dick moves.

I think the constitution actually gives you a clear choice. The right to peacefully protest is pretty enshrined in there. I wasn't aware of a clause that gives a president the right to abridge those rights for a photo op.

He wanted to see the church. He can go wherever he chooses and people have to get out of his way.
Why? Because he is the POTUS. It happens all the time.

Everything the President does is a "photo op". It always has been -- it always will be.

Actually, the "Big Guy" does have more rights than you do. He has the right to be protected by the Secret Service and you don't. He has the right to sit in the Oval Office and you don't. He has the right to lock down entire cities, and you don't. He has the right to send our troops into battle and you don't. If you want all the rights POTUS has then you'd best run for public office.

Forum List

Back