Bannon prosecutors won't drop case despite pardon

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
But even if Sloppy Steve is successful in escaping federal prosecution for his wall scam, the Cy Vance will be waiting! :D

NEW YORK — Steve Bannon, a firebrand political strategist and ex-confidant to former president Donald Trump, is fighting to get his federal fraud case formally dismissed over the strong objection of prosecutors who have argued his full pardon does not mean his indictment must be wiped from the record.​
Bannon, who helped engineer Trump’s 2016 election win before briefly serving as a White House adviser, asked a judge late Thursday to follow others in New York and elsewhere who outright dismissed cases after Trump issued their pardons. To support his bid, Bannon cited the dismissal of charges post-pardon against Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser accused of lying about his contacts with Russian officials, and rapper Lil’ Wayne, who was facing gun charges in Florida.​
The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan, which is preparing for trial against three of Bannon’s co-defendants in an alleged border-wall fundraising scam, is seeking an “administrative” termination of Bannon’s case, which would have the effect of halting the prosecution against him for good but would not clear his name from the docket. The case would officially remain pending while the others, who were not pardoned by Trump before his departure from office in January, await trial.​
Following Bannon’s pardon, which covers only federal charges, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office began its own investigation of the alleged scam, raising the possibility Bannon could face state fraud charges. If his case remains open in federal court, it is not expected to impact the ability of state prosecutors to file charges.

ccelebrities32193782-0-image-a-21_1597958777013-655x400.jpg

The Prosecutor is an idiot since the Presidential Full Pardon MUST be allowed to proceed, but it is limited to FEDERAL charges only:

Following Bannon’s pardon, which covers only federal charges, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office began its own investigation of the alleged scam, raising the possibility Bannon could face state fraud charges. If his case remains open in federal court, it is not expected to impact the ability of state prosecutors to file charges.

His case in Federal court MUST close since he is already pardoned of Federal charges, how can the prosecutor think the pardon will be ignored?

Well, who at all is surprised to see the Xiden DOJ wasting money on a conviction they can't get? Obviously purely political at this point.
Cry harder. :auiqs.jpg:

You are part of the problem who seems to think partisan infighting is good for America. It is damaging and creating a bigger dependency class with a media stoking the fires of hate to generate division and murder.

You are scum!

Well, who at all is surprised to see the Xiden DOJ wasting money on a conviction they can't get? Obviously purely political at this point.

You are part of the problem who seems to think partisan infighting is good for America. It is damaging and creating a bigger dependency class with a media stoking the fires of hate to generate division and murder.

You are scum!
What's that Trumper saying again? Oh yeah: FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!

It always amazes me that someone who looks like the guy at the freeway exit holding a sign that says "Will work for food", became an advisor to the most powerful man in the world! He looks like the kind of guy Trump, or most people for that matter, would avoid on the street.

You are scum!

You are that dumb since I said NOTHING about Trump in that post, but that is why you are an imbecile.

It is clear you can't address this at all, just make a pathetic deflection to a person I didn't mention, not even remotely.

"You are part of the problem who seems to think partisan infighting is good for America. It is damaging and creating a bigger dependency class with a media stoking the fires of hate to generate division and murder."

YOU
are part of the problem and you don't give a dam.

You are scum!

You are that dumb since I said NOTHING about Trump in that post, but that is why you are an imbecile.

It is clear you can't address this at all, just make a pathetic deflection to a person I didn't mention, not even remotely.

"You are part of the problem who seems to think partisan infighting is good for America. It is damaging and creating a bigger dependency class with a media stoking the fires of hate to generate division and murder."

YOU
FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!

You are scum!

YOU
FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!

Keep ignoring this:

You are scum!

YOU
FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!

Keep ignoring this:

You had no problem with partisan infighting for the past four years.

You are scum!

YOU
FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!

Keep ignoring this:

You had no problem with partisan infighting for the past four years.

Now you are LYING, I have repeatedly complained of partisanship in many posts, have repeatedly stated why I stop being supporters of the Democrat party (never been a republican supporter), have been a free thinking independent for around the last 30 years.

You have serious memory problems?

Forum List

Back