Banning Abortion- A fool's errand

This is a massive red herring and missing the point entirely (the part in bold).

It's about what's right and what's moral.
Have you ever stopped to consider that the law can't right every wrong? And that often, it shouldn't try. That if it does it can make things far worse?

For example ....
Drugs and certain types of weapons are illegal and outlawed too but if there's a demand for it people will always get it - but again it's about what's right.
Prohibition of drugs and alcohol have done far more harm than good.
No-one's stupid. Back street abortions will still happen, that doesn't mean you encourage abortions in law either.
Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's "encouraged".
Even in the short-term if this new law stops even just a small handful of abortions then it's done good right away.
Nope. If it only stops a handful of abortions, then it was a waste of time and money. Time and money that could have been spent persuading women to not get abortions.
Medium to longer term it will encourage folk to be more responsible and in time this flippant attitude of using abortion as a form of contraception will vanish.

That's the whole point.
That's delusional.

For me, the bottom line is the precedent that will be created. We should never grant the government jurisdiction over the contents of our bodies or our minds. Enforcing these laws will require a police state that I want no part of.

Texas also may have handed Democrats the 2022 elections.
Well, they're competing with Biden's fuckups. It'll be a toss up.

Maybe voters will grow up and stop falling for the two-party shitshow.

LOL - who am I kidding? We'll "stay the course" to the bitter end.

Have you ever stopped to consider that the law can't right every wrong? And that often, it shouldn't try. That if it does it can make things far worse?

For example ....

Prohibition of drugs and alcohol have done far more harm than good.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's "encouraged".

Nope. If it only stops a handful of abortions, then it was a waste of time and money. Time and money that could have been spent persuading women to not get abortions.

That's delusional.

For me, the bottom line is the precedent that will be created. We should never grant the government jurisdiction over the contents of our bodies or our minds. Enforcing these laws will require a police state that I want no part of.
I've stopped and considered it in great detail, for many, many years and no - I still don't find it wrong (the outlawing of abortions).

In fact I find it the complete opposite of "wrong"

I find it correct both legally and morally that it's wrong to kill a baby.

You can sit there and do all the mental gymnastics in the world you want and make all the excuses you want to feel comfortable with yourself advocating murder.

It's you that has to sleep at night. I'm totally comfortable.

I've stopped and considered it in great detail, for many, many years and no - I still don't find it wrong (the outlawing of abortions).

In fact I find it the complete opposite of "wrong"

I find it correct both legally and morally that it's wrong to kill a baby.

You can sit there and do all the mental gymnastics in the world you want and make all the excuses you want to feel comfortable with yourself advocating murder.

It's you that has to sleep at night. I'm totally comfortable.
I'm not advocating murder - so, you know, fuck you for accusing me of such. I'm just not a fascist, so your police state wet dreams are unappealing.

This law will encourage less women to have kids as they will take precautions. That's a win for the nation....less births.
We have a negative birth rate. We need MORE babies to keep the economy growing.

Either that, or we need to allow in a lot more immigrants.

Banning Abortion- A fool's errand
Or just fundamentally foolish and pointless.

As already correctly noted: women have been having abortions for thousands of years – and will continue to have abortions regardless un-Constitutional ‘bans’ enacted by the authoritarian right.

Big government conservatives enact these laws for purely partisan reasons, to keep the base energized and going to the polls, to use as a partisan weapon against opponents, and as ‘feel good’ measures so conservatives can believe they’re ‘doing something’ about abortion, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

Indeed, the only thing the authoritarian right accomplishes is to further erode our civil rights, to increase the power and authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

This is a massive red herring and missing the point entirely (the part in bold).

Drugs and certain types of weapons are illegal and outlawed too but if there's a demand for it people will always get it - but again it's about what's right.

No-one's stupid. Back street abortions will still happen, that doesn't mean you encourage abortions in law either.

Even in the short-term if this new law stops even just a small handful of abortions then it's done good right away.

Medium to longer term it will encourage folk to be more responsible and in time this flippant attitude of using abortion as a form of contraception will vanish.

That's the whole point.
It’s about what’s right and moral… was what they said about Prohibition

How that work out?

Then YOU pay the costs of those kids

Up for it?

So funny that the my body my choice anti vaxxers are all about sending bounty hunters out to stop a legal activity

So funny that the my body my choice abortionists are all about banning anti vaxxers from legal activities

Then YOU pay the costs of those kids

Up for it?
Typical tactics of pro-abortionists. Use the victims of rape and incest as human shields to protect the 99 percent of convenience abortions. And make the threat, "Pay for my baby or I will kill it!"

You people are sick in the head.

Just so you know, I founded two non-profit charities to help feed and house the hungry and homeless in my community. I walk the walk.

Of course, Roe was always based on some legal jiggery-pokery, in that it found a "right to privacy" that never really existed without addressing the issue of when life begins.

Huge mistake.
The right to privacy has always existed, and is always about the single most important right.
The mistake you are making is the assumption that rights do not exist until there is specific legislation to defend them.
That is not the case and can never be the case because rights are infinite and can never be even enumerated, much less fully protected by specific legislation.
That is the whole point of executive and judicial discretion.
There are all these generic laws, like disorderly conduct, assault, etc. that are intentionally unspecific.
So the right to privacy always existed.

As far as when life begins, that is not relevant.
The point is life or not, no one can legally be forced to support the life of another.
If you have a rare blood type that would save the life of another, no one can demand you donate any of that blood.

NO!
We have limited resources, and fossil fuel is running out completely.
When that starts to happen in about 20 years, food production will drop by 75%.
We desperately need to cut the population by at least 2/3rds.

Typical tactics of pro-abortionists. Use the victims of rape and incest as human shields to protect the 99 percent of convenience abortions. And make the threat, "Pay for my baby or I will kill it!"

You people are sick in the head.

Just so you know, I founded two non-profit charities to help feed and house the hungry and homeless in my community. I walk the walk.
Good for you. That’s a drop in the bucket

That's the whole point.
It has zero to do with “right” and “moral”.

If it did, they would be demanding services to help pregnant women and women with children, they demanding access to affordable healthcare, they would be asking why their legislatures keep cutting funding to help women and children, why they don’t make contraception readily available if not free…and at least should be asking what is “right” and “moral” about a 12 yr old incest victim being forced to bear a baby,

Had republicans had their way and killed Obama Care, then millions of men, women, and children would have been without insurance, many would have died. Looks like republican politicians didn't give a shit about human lives back then, and they sure don't care now. That traitor Trump talked health care stuff while running against Hillary and talk was as far as it ever got. I guess playing golf and pleasing the health insurance bandits were more important to him.

@JoeB131 perfect chance for someone to start a business promoting family planning through birth control,,

Birth control is only as smart as the person using it.

I knew this girl when I was in the service. Asian-American, college educated, devout Catholic, strict parents. She was engaged to one of my fellow NCO's. Well, she "forgot" to take birth control when her boyfriend wasn't following up on the marrying her part. Then she had an abortion because she didn't want her parents to know that she wasn't still a virgin at 22.

A year later, she hooked back up with the same guy and the same thing happened.

We can scream birth control until we are blue in the face, but people will still make bad decisions.

Forum List

Back