Bank failures have started

Bank stocks bounce back this morning. Momentary reprieve or is it bargain hunting?

This will go back and forth until people find out which banks are exposed, and which ones aren't. Investors are going to be reading 10-K reports a lot more closely now.

Probably one of the main reasons (though not the only one) for the selloff is the realization that regulatory pressure is coming and that their little games of Bit Coin hold 'em poker, NFT roulette, and Fantasy Crypto are over.

Just seems easy to mobilize both sides to help the wealthy but you can only mobilize one side around the poor.

The plutocrats control the system - both the economic and the political system. It's basically like living in the period between 1870 and 1930. We had a banking crisis pretty much every 10-15 years in that time span. From 1933 to 2007? Basically none.

1907 was a warning for what would eventually happen in 1930. 2008 - and now this - are warnings for what will eventually happen whenever it happens. Nothing will change until the entire financial system collapses. That's when we get our first real shot at true reforms, but even then, it's just a shot. We could end up either with a reformed democracy, or we could just as easily end up with fascism.

supposedly, start up techs in Israel were heavily tied to svb. as an aside, Iran is on its highest alert tonight and Israel has confirmed it.

gregory mannarino says that there was a huge exodus of small bank depositors signing up with big banks. I am glad we pulled 30k because part of it was tied to wells. he also said banks are secretly being funded. they don't want us to know.

Greg was the first to call a 25 BP hike which the market is now betting on. it won't have any affect on reducing inflation. gotta go listen to Hal's show.

supposedly, start up techs in Israel were heavily tied to svb. as an aside, Iran is on its highest alert tonight and Israel has confirmed it.

gregory mannarino says that there was a huge exodus of small bank depositors signing up with big banks. I am glad we pulled 30k because part of it was tied to wells. he also said banks are secretly being funded. they don't want us to know.

Greg was the first to call a 25 BP hike which the market is now betting on. it won't have any affect on reducing inflation. gotta go listen to Hal's show.

Israel has another problem - a political one. Netanyahu is flirting with Lukidist one-party rule, and in doing so, this is going to damage credibility with FDI investors.

There is one bank that will never go bankrupt thanks to the robbing of the American taxpayer by this criminal money laundering government! :mad-61:

Gb26Y5q.jpg

Israel has another problem - a political one. Netanyahu is flirting with Lukidist one-party rule, and in doing so, this is going to damage credibility with FDI investors.

from your article:

I think one of the strengths, of course, of Israel is being ‘the startup nation.’ The share of employment in the tech sector is relatively small, but it accounts for at least around a half of exports, and is one of the foundations of the service industry and the rest of the economy. And unfortunately, all this great success is under threat right now.

makes me wonder if we bailed out svb for Israel. tonight, Hal turner reported that Israel is helping another party to interfere in Armenia to provoke a war so Israel can strike Iran's defense.

this is getting hot. Hal said Chinese intelligence notified China that the US was vying for a war to offset it's banking crisis.

from your article:

I think one of the strengths, of course, of Israel is being ‘the startup nation.’ The share of employment in the tech sector is relatively small, but it accounts for at least around a half of exports, and is one of the foundations of the service industry and the rest of the economy. And unfortunately, all this great success is under threat right now.

makes me wonder if we bailed out svb for Israel. tonight, Hal turner reported that Israel is helping another party to interfere in Armenia to provoke a war so Israel can strike Iran's defense.

this is getting hot. Hal said Chinese intelligence notified China that the US was vying for a war to offset it's banking crisis.

We bailed out SVB because nobody knew how widespread the problem was and Biden wanted to calm markets. This isn't just an American problem, though. Credit Suisse, for example, has been shaky for a while and this did not help.

I think the banking sector will ultimately stabilize. However, there's going to be a *lot* of venture capital that dries up. That could mean a lot less money in startups and investment for a while - potentially for a year or longer. A lot of loan capital is going to dry up, and not just in tech but in real estate and other sectors as well. A recession is pretty likely, IMO. We were probably already headed toward one but now it's almost certain, just a matter of when.

Yesterday there was a little rally, and if people had been VERY quick to buy and sell, they could have made some $17 per share on First Republic. Today it's way down again, and rated at junk this morning.

I couldn't keep up with the fall of Credit Suisse early on this morning-- --20% early with AP, then I went to WSJ and it was down 25% and then I turned on the TV and it was down 28%! It hit -29% before it headed up as far as -16% and I don't know what it's doing now. But as the headlines on Bloomberg's are getting dire, I guess it isn't a good turn.

One Roubini, a big European money-name, dropped a great new phrase that I hope doesn't become a meme ---- playing off of the one "too big to fail," he said that Credit Suisse may be "too big to save."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gives one to think.

Last edited:
We bailed out SVB because nobody knew how widespread the problem was and Biden wanted to calm markets. This isn't just an American problem, though. Credit Suisse, for example, has been shaky for a while and this did not help.
Agreed. And a good thing to have done, IMO.

If it works. If it doesn't work, can't really save the whole financial system, can they? Well, they did in 2008, so maybe.

IMO, the Treasury Department and the whole government is simply not allowing First Republic to go under, because that's a domino. They staved off the domino failure cascade with only two banks down, and they are by God going to do what it takes to stop it there and I bet the moves are very interesting, because First Republic WANTS to fail every moment, looks like today. Well, good. More power to them, I say.

It is, most likely, a tad bit more complicated than that.
True. Probably the same shit that almost ruined us in 2008. Lending to Poor deadbeats was a mistake in the 2000's. Lending for PC reasons is another version of that same mistake. Nobody is looking into Risk Management,.

JP Morgan: "Federal Reserve's emergency lending program could inject up to $2 trillion into the U.S. banking system and ease liquidity crisis"

Dose for the hopeless junkie is there, dealers will provide

Forum List

Back