Bank failures have started

Silicon Valley Bank

The 16th largest bank in the country with more expected to fail.

This is not good news.
Well..lessee--all the depositors money is safe, so there's that. Oh, and after an extensive web crawl, I found nothing to indicate that this is the beginning of anything.
So, your opinion is noted..as is the fact that it is not shared by anyone in the industry.

SVP screwed up, simple as that. The US has stepped in and the FDIC is doing its job. The sky is NOT falling~

From the OP link:

• The FDIC said in the announcement that insured depositors will have access to their deposits no later than Monday morning.
  • SVB's branch offices will also reopen at that time, under the control of the regulator.
  • The FDIC's standard insurance covers up to $250,000 per depositor, per bank, for each account ownership category.
According to press releases from regulators, the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation closed SVB and named the FDIC as the receiver. The FDIC in turn has created the Deposit Insurance National Bank of Santa Clara, which now holds the insured deposits from SVB.
The FDIC said in the announcement that insured depositors will have access to their deposits no later than Monday morning. SVB's branch offices will also reopen at that time, under the control of the regulator.
According to the press release, SVB's official checks will continue to clear.

The FDIC's standard insurance covers up to $250,000 per depositor, per bank, for each account ownership category. It is unclear exactly how larger accounts or credit lines for companies will be impacted by the closure. The FDIC said it will pay uninsured depositors an advanced dividend within the next week.

in lebanon they closed all the banks to protest. if internet in the country is cut off, that's why i'm no longer posting!

tenor.gif

in lebanon they closed all the banks to protest. if internet in the country is cut off, that's why i'm no longer posting!
Not the same issue:

Well..lessee--all the depositors money is safe, so there's that. Oh, and after an extensive web crawl, I found nothing to indicate that this is the beginning of anything.
So, your opinion is noted..as is the fact that it is not shared by anyone in the industry.

SVP screwed up, simple as that. The US has stepped in and the FDIC is doing its job. The sky is NOT falling~

From the OP link:

• The FDIC said in the announcement that insured depositors will have access to their deposits no later than Monday morning.
  • SVB's branch offices will also reopen at that time, under the control of the regulator.
  • The FDIC's standard insurance covers up to $250,000 per depositor, per bank, for each account ownership category.
According to press releases from regulators, the California Department of Financial Protection and Innovation closed SVB and named the FDIC as the receiver. The FDIC in turn has created the Deposit Insurance National Bank of Santa Clara, which now holds the insured deposits from SVB.
The FDIC said in the announcement that insured depositors will have access to their deposits no later than Monday morning. SVB's branch offices will also reopen at that time, under the control of the regulator.
According to the press release, SVB's official checks will continue to clear.

The FDIC's standard insurance covers up to $250,000 per depositor, per bank, for each account ownership category. It is unclear exactly how larger accounts or credit lines for companies will be impacted by the closure. The FDIC said it will pay uninsured depositors an advanced dividend within the next week.

I wonder where the FDIC gets it's money... :uhoh3:

That isn't how FDIC works. If any account had more than $250K, all that money would gone.
Plenty of companies keep more than that in the bank.
Nope...if you were to read the link..the very last sentence addresses that issue by stating that there would be a dividend, for those larger accounts. yeah...might be some losses amongst the whales, so what? The little guy is protected, so it's OK with me if some wannabe big shots take a hit

Nope....in the 2 or so hours since I got the news on my feed, you ignorant tool~

BTW...show me where I'm wrong...LOL!
You got exposed as the useful idiot you are, clown. That's why people thank my posts and laugh at you.
You posted 8 minutes after the OP.
Learn math, dullard.
Post a stupid emoji if you agree.

Last edited:
Silicon Valley Bank

The 16th largest bank in the country with more expected to fail.

This is not good news.
From the OP link-this would lead one to believe that losses will be minimal..at least to the depositors:

As of the end of December, SVB had roughly $209 billion in total assets and $175.4 billion in total deposits, according to the press release. The FDIC said it was unclear what portion of those deposits were above the insurance limit.

Last edited:
You got exposed as the useful idiot you are, clown. That's why people thank my posts and laugh at you.
You posted 8 minutes after the OP. Learn math, dullard.
It's a mistake to assume that everyone is as stupid and out of touch as you are..and those who thank your posts are just as stupid. I don't get my news from USMB posts..thank God!

Again, not even an effort to prove me wrong..because, well, you can't! Must suck for you..to be so stupid that you are reduced to throwing stones as the smart people roll past.

Last edited:
It's a mistake to assume that everyone is as stupid and out of touch as you are..and those who thank your posts are just as stupid. I don't get my news from USMB posts..thank God!

Again, not even an effort to prove me wrong..becasue, well, you can't! Must suck for you..to be so stupid that you are reduced to throwing stones as the smart people roll past.
:itsok:

Forum List

Back