Ban Police Use of Tasers

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Temecula California
Tasers, as we all know officer Kim Potter was charged and convicted of a crime for killing a criminal, confusing her gun with a taser.

People here on the boards have cited multiple mix-ups where the pistol was used instead of the taser.

The logical thing to do is ban tasers. There is no need for them. If somebody resists arrest, shoot them. Shoot them dead. You resist arrest and you have brought the consequences upon yourself. It is your fault if you get shot resisting arrest, not the police officers.

Police officers, die, when they do not use force, lethal force to apprehend criminals who resist arrest. This following article is a great example of how criminals resisting arrest should be shown no mercy by the officer arresting them.

Harris stood over Sgt. Rittmanic while holding Sullivan's firearm. Sullivan then allegedly told Harris to give him the keys. As she handed over the keys, Sullivan allegedly fired two shots from what is believed to be Sgt. Rittmanic's duty weapon, striking her in the throat and neck.

"At the time Sullivan fired the fatal shots into Sgt. Rittmanic, Sgt. Rittmanic was pleading with them to just leave, 'you don't have to do this, please just go, please don't please don't.' She was desperately pleading for her life," said Kankakee County State's Attorney Jim Rowe in court.

Defund the police. Problem solved. Since they are such bad people. Get them off the streets.

Trash tasers completely.

I don't know anyone who carry's them for effective personal self-defense!
Why should the police be burdened with them??

Last edited:
CED's suck, they are just another thing to carry on your belt. They only have two shots -- some only have one. They are frequently ineffective.

When they are effective, it is only for the very few seconds that it is active and that is your only window of opportunity to disarm to offender.

Spend that money on more frequent firearm training for members. The better their accuracy, the less chance for dangerous misses.

Or you could simply design tasers better to not resemble guns and give police better training on how to use them.
That is the obvious answer.
What moron thought it was a good idea to have it the same shape as a gun and wear it on your side like a gun?
Why not use the 100s of designs that are out there that are shaped like a remote control?

What moron thought it was a good idea to have it the same shape as a gun and wear it on your side like a gun?

Well, you do point it at people and shoot it ... so a gun design is sort of optimal.

It is BRIGHT YELLOW, it does weigh less than a firearm, and you do wear it on your non-reactive side so the motor memory you develop in reaching for it is different ... if you have the required training.

Dont-reinvent-the-wheel.png

Last edited:
Why not use the 100s of designs that are out there that are shaped like a remote control?

What moron thought tasers could penetrate winter coats??

Well, you do point it at people and shoot it ... so I gun design is sort of optimal.

It is BRIGHT YELLOW, it does weigh less than a firearm, and you do wear it on your non-reactive side so the motor memory you develop in reaching for it is different ... if you have the required training.

View attachment 583993
I get all that but adrenaline is adrenaline. It's just going to keep happening... but that is not to say I am anyway against them. I think it is a good tool that every officer should have. Just need to figure out something to alleviate the chances.
But at the end of the day - the best way to not get shot is to not fight the police when they are arresting you. You "fight" them in court later if they are mistaken etc.

I get all that but adrenaline is adrenaline. It's just going to keep happening... but that is not to say I am anyway against them. I think it is a good tool that every officer should have. Just need to figure out something to alleviate the chances.
But at the end of the day - the best way to not get shot is to not fight the police when they are arresting you. You "fight" them in court later if they are mistaken etc.

Tell that to a 20 yr. old who always got his way raised by a single mother overwhelmed by poverty and 4 to 5 other kids to feed.

Do you know why Kim Potter pulled her gun and shot the man. It is because she trains pulling her gun, and shooting. All officers train, and train, and train, until the brain has it embedded, until the brain overrides all your thoughts and just like breathing, you pull your gun and shoot.

Why shape a taser in any way like a gun, because it needs to be aimed exactly like a gun. I would like too see your, "sights" on that remote taser.

this optical illusion is what I mean, when I try to state the brain will force you to pull your gun, after the hours, weeks, months spent training with a gun.

obama.gif

Sabre brand gel mace. Has a 20 ft. accurate high pressure stream to coat the eyes and nose of a perp and it sticks!
Comes with a carry case that fits on a belt and is $16.99 plus tax at Sportsman's Warehouse.

Tell that to a 20 yr. old who always got his way raised by a single mother overwhelmed by poverty and 4 to 5 other kids to feed.
This is just racist babble, how about those 20yr olds who were raised in 2 parent privileged families that always got what they wanted and got their way.

Why? Why use a taser at all.
Because not every person they stop for a traffic violation or to ask a question has committed a capitol offense deserving execution. Even many people committing capitol offenses don't get executed. Sometimes it is just a case of mistaken identity, bad drug interaction or mental problems. One of them could be your own spouse or child.

The police are there to, at worst, make an arrest to be tried in the courts by someone else, not carry out summary judgement right there on the spot.

The gun is there for if they feel theirs or someone else's life is at imminent risk.

Because not every person they stop for a traffic violation or to ask a question has committed a capitol offense deserving execution. Even many people committing capitol offenses don't get executed. Sometimes it is just a case of mistaken identity, bad drug interaction or mental problems. One of them could be your own spouse or child.

The police are there to, at worst, make an arrest to be tried in the courts by someone else, not carry out summary judgement right there on the spot.

The gun is there for if they feel theirs or someone else's life is at imminent risk.
Not everyone who is stopped committed a capital offense.

So what, irrelevant.

It could be my child? I typically your responses, mostly they are well thought out but now, going against the message board rules, you are bringing my family member into this discussion.

Fine. Why in the fuck are you accusing my child of being a person that will violently fight a police officer to the point that an officer must decide to use a taser or a gun.

I guess, if I use your reasoning you must be basing this on your family which is full of criminals. We should ask why does your family fight the police?

Did you even read my op?

Where are police shooting children while trying to arrest them.

You are making up a bunch of bullshit and expect me to comment, when you have completely ignored my OP and reality.

Police don't use deadly force against those going 5 mph over the speed limit.

Police are not arresting children that have not committed crimes.

That in order to make your argument you must call my children criminals shows you are a fucking Moron and an Asshole.

I hope you are a Democrat, cause if you are not you are one of the Republicans that can join them.

There is no place in this world for democrats.

Forum List

Back