Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Feb 4 (Reuters) - A federal law prohibiting marijuana users from possessing firearms is unconstitutional, a federal judge in Oklahoma has concluded, citing last year's U.S. Supreme Court ruling that significantly expanded gun rights.

U.S. District Judge Patrick Wyrick, an appointee of former Republican President Donald Trump in Oklahoma City, on Friday dismissed an indictment against a man charged in August with violating that ban, saying it infringed his right to bear arms under the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment.

Wyrick said that while the government can protect the public from dangerous people possessing guns, it could not argue Jared Harrison's "mere status as a user of marijuana justifies stripping him of his fundamental right to possess a firearm."

He said using marijuana was "not in and of itself a violent, forceful, or threatening act," and noted that Oklahoma is one of a number of states where the drug, still illegal under federal law, can be legally bought for medical uses.

The U.S. Department of Justice did not respond to request for comment but is likely to appeal.

Damn, the dems won't know if to shit or go blind on this one. :laughing0301:

There are a lot of bar shootings in my area. It must be those quick to anger potheads.

I agree with the judge's decision. Grass and violence have been linked together since the start. In fact, the term "assassin" is a cognate of the word "hashish"- a form of the drug popular in the middle east.

You can't be under influence of anything, yes, alcohol too, to "carry" a firearm.
But you sure as hell can own them regardless if you enjoy pot or alcohol.

The law requires you to be sober from any substance when shooting.

You can't be under influence of anything, yes, alcohol too, to "carry" a firearm.
But you sure as hell can own them regardless if you enjoy pot or alcohol.

The law requires you to be sober from any substance when shooting.
What law is that? :link:

What law is that? :link:
JHC.
Are you always a moron?

Don't answer.
I already know you are.

At least in my state...

Subdivision 1.Acts prohibited.​

A person may not carry a pistol on or about the person's clothes or person in a public place:

(1) when the person is under the influence of a controlled substance, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 4;

when the person is under the influence of an intoxicating substance as defined in section 169A.03, subdivision 11a, and the person knows or has reason to know that the substance has the capacity to cause impairment;

(4) when the person is under the influence of alcohol;

(5) when the person's alcohol concentration is 0.10 or more; or

(6) when the person's alcohol concentration is less than 0.10, but more than 0.04.

Pretty sure it is the law in fucking every state you absurd moron.

JHC.
Are you always a moron?

Don't answer.
I already know you are.

At least in my state...

Subdivision 1.Acts prohibited.​

A person may not carry a pistol on or about the person's clothes or person in a public place:

(1) when the person is under the influence of a controlled substance, as defined in section 152.01, subdivision 4;

when the person is under the influence of an intoxicating substance as defined in section 169A.03, subdivision 11a, and the person knows or has reason to know that the substance has the capacity to cause impairment;

(4) when the person is under the influence of alcohol;

(5) when the person's alcohol concentration is 0.10 or more; or

(6) when the person's alcohol concentration is less than 0.10, but more than 0.04.

Pretty sure it is the law in fucking every state you absurd moron.
I ask and you insult, are you always a bitch about everything. I'd hate to be your child.

I ask and you insult, are you always a bitch about everything. I'd hate to be your child.
Tissue?

You deserve it for being continually obtuse and moronic.

I provided the proof which should have registered as common knowledge needing no link to the obvious.

Your intention is to troll everything, so deal with the consequences of your well known actions. :itsok:

Feb 4 (Reuters) - A federal law prohibiting marijuana users from possessing firearms is unconstitutional, a federal judge in Oklahoma has concluded, citing last year's U.S. Supreme Court ruling that significantly expanded gun rights.

U.S. District Judge Patrick Wyrick, an appointee of former Republican President Donald Trump in Oklahoma City, on Friday dismissed an indictment against a man charged in August with violating that ban, saying it infringed his right to bear arms under the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment.

Wyrick said that while the government can protect the public from dangerous people possessing guns, it could not argue Jared Harrison's "mere status as a user of marijuana justifies stripping him of his fundamental right to possess a firearm."

He said using marijuana was "not in and of itself a violent, forceful, or threatening act," and noted that Oklahoma is one of a number of states where the drug, still illegal under federal law, can be legally bought for medical uses.

The U.S. Department of Justice did not respond to request for comment but is likely to appeal.

Damn, the dems won't know if to shit or go blind on this one. :laughing0301:

Well done Mr Wyrick

Tissue?

You deserve it for being continually obtuse and moronic.

I provided the proof which should have registered as common knowledge needing no link to the obvious.

Your intention is to troll everything, so deal with the consequences of your well known actions. :itsok:
Trolling is asking a question, again why are you such a bitch about everything? I myself have never respected the law because the law and its enforcers pervert the law to their own ends...I have always carried and had firearms since I was nine and never stopped when drunk or high because I have control of my facilities and do not abuse a weapon by using it when not needed.
My fav weapon was a bayonet my uncle gave to me when he came back from Nam...I only had to pull it out once to take care of a couple of guys who thought they cold jump me.

I have always carried and had firearms since I was nine and never stopped when drunk or high because I have control of my facilities and do not abuse a weapon by using it when not needed.
By your own admission, you are breaking the law.

Do you also drive your car while armed, drunk and high?

Forum List

Back