Ban concealed guns

I know the users on this thread are all very responsible and intelligent
The city I dwell is in like living through the “Cuban missile crisis “

Then move. You want to remove the rights of over 18 million US citizens because you are scared of what you don't know? Sorry. That is unacceptable.
I know I am being unreasonable. Let me tell you what just happened to me 45 min ago
This is 100 percent truth

I close my store door and I glance over my shoulder and the next door owner gives me the finger . I give him in it right back
Then I walk to my car and he comes outside and gives me the finger
I waive him on to approach me and let’s go .
He then waives me on to walk back to him
. I just stay next to my car and we stare at each other for 45 seconds and I leave

Next time someone gives you the finger, smile and wave. Let the little shit go.
Actually that is a very shrewd response
I am going to do that

Let me give you a piece of advice I learned a decade or so ago.

What other people think of you should not only not bother you, it isn't any of your business. What they think is their business.
The guy is provoking me everytime I walk passed his store
He can’t speak English
We have exchanged fingers several times like a bunch of 7 yr olds

If he approached my car ( i thought he would ) then it’s self defense
If I walked back to confront him then I am the guilty party

You don't get a concealed carry permit by signing a paper and taking a test drive. You have to submit to a fingerprint check and prove that you are proficient with the firearm. Lefties want to defund the Cops and at the same time keep women from legally carrying a firearm in their purses when they walk into a lonely parking area. WTF?

My mom says I should call the property owners because both of us are going to end up in jail snf court
This is like something out of a “ Larry David story “

Maybe I should post a thread on This

If it is perfectly legal for him to park in front of your store....then you are SOL

If, however, you have "rights" to that space, call the Police OR the property manager each time he parks there.

Anything beyond that is you asking for trouble.

That said, your situation has absolutely ZERO bearing on concealed carry.

Maybe I should post a thread on This

If it is perfectly legal for him to park in front of your store....then you are SOL

If, however, you have "rights" to that space, call the Police OR the property manager each time he parks there.

Anything beyond that is you asking for trouble.

That said, your situation has absolutely ZERO bearing on concealed carry.
I placed the topic in “ badlands “ lol
I agree

Open carry merely invites bad guys (who don't follow laws anyway...that's why they are called 'bad guys') to shoot the open carry people first. Ambush is always easy.

That's why I carry concealed. No bad guy knows I can hurt him.
Open carry also invites criminals to take your gun from you. Two thugs can easily overpower you and remove your gun...or one distracts you while the other grabs your gun.

I carry 24/7 except in government buildings. Most of the time, my firearm is concealed. When I'm on my own property, it's open carry.

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!

I see too many insane guys with concealed permits
Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns

I don’t feel safe !!

In Florida I am licensed to carry concealed but open carry of a firearm in public is illegal with few exceptions. Since much of the year in Florida is hot it is difficult to conceal a full size handgun so I carry a snub nosed revolver. Some call such a weapon a “mouse gun” and there is no doubt that a .38 snub nosed revolver is less deadly than a .45 auto and is harder to reload and carries far fewer rounds than a Glock 9mm.

Even if open carry passed I would likely continue to carry concealed. Open carry can make some people nervous. I have no desire to scare or intimidate anyone.

If you met me you would consider me to be a polite old man with a bad limp. If you decided to attack with the intention of injuring or killing me as I am definitely a weak member of the herd you would likely discover that I was armed. Otherwise you would have no reason to have any worry. People who are licensed to carry concealed are safer and more honest than the average citizen.

Concealed Carry Permit Holders Crime Statistics

Ok I surrender !!!
I am asking the mods to Delete this thread

I guess I don’t have any problem with senior citizens carrying a snub nose
I don’t know ..my city is just very very unstable like an isotope and it caused my to worry
I have lived in several cities and Vegas is like a parallel world of horror

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!

Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns

I don’t feel safe !!

Open carry is more dangerous.

If they can see I have a gun, they can walk up to me, and put a gun in my face, and take my gun.

In fact, we have had this happen. A guy walking down the street with his open carry, and a man walked up, and put a gun in his face. He then stole the gun, and left. There was nothing the guy could do.

Conceal carry is the only way you can actually defend yourself, because no one knows you have it.

And especially in the 'defund the police' age, where cities are just allowing unrestricted lawlessness... yeah, I'm going to have my conceal and carry.

I don’t feel safe !!

If they can see I have a gun, they can walk up to me, and put a gun in my face, and take my gun.

In fact, we have had this happen. A guy walking down the street with his open carry, and a man walked up, and put a gun in his face. He then stole the gun, and left. There was nothing the guy could do.

Conceal carry is the only way you can actually defend yourself, because no one knows you have it.

And especially in the 'defund the police' age, where cities are just allowing unrestricted lawlessness... yeah, I'm going to have my conceal and carry.
If Biden wins ..I may have to get a revolver

I don't feel the need to carry a concealed weapon because I'm a large man and not likely to be attacked.

But women, and smaller men, and the elderly, have a right to defend themselves and a gun is needed to help even the odds.
Anybody that wants to even the odds is a fool. I was trained to seek, create and use force multipliers, to achieve a decisive advantage. A large part is often between the ears. Not sure about you.

Assume you are 74 years old, a candidate for a hip replacement, suffer from degenerative disk disease, are overweight and out of shape and have COPD. What force multipliers would you seek or create if attacked by a thug in his 20s armed with a gun or knife.

I don’t feel safe !!

At times I open carry a fixed blade hunting knife with a 4 or 5 inch blade on my belt which is legal in Florida. A knife is primarily a useful tool but it can discourage an attacker. If attacked I would rely on my concealed handgun.

I always have a knife on me. If I am wearing sweat pants without a belt I carry a 3” neck knife hung cross draw under the left shoulder of my shirt. Concealed Weapon Permits in Florida apply to knives as well as firearms.

I don't feel the need to carry a concealed weapon because I'm a large man and not likely to be attacked.

But women, and smaller men, and the elderly, have a right to defend themselves and a gun is needed to help even the odds.
Anybody that wants to even the odds is a fool. I was trained to seek, create and use force multipliers, to achieve a decisive advantage. A large part is often between the ears. Not sure about you.

Assume you are 74 years old, a candidate for a hip replacement, suffer from degenerative disk disease, are overweight and out of shape and have COPD. What force multipliers would you seek or create if attacked by a thug in his 20s armed with a gun or knife.
Very valid point unless you can’t see the attacker coming
Maybe Vegas has turned me fully paranoid lol

I like the 4 inch big heavy metal one

I understand it is hard to find firearms today as they are selling like hot cakes.

Most people today want to buy semi-automatic pistols that hold 15 rounds. They like the idea of filling the air with lead if things go bad. You may be able to find a revolver easier than a pistol.

I still like revolvers. They are reliable and rarely malfunction. Since you are responsible for every shot I like to try to hit what I aim at rather than spray and pray.

I don’t feel safe !!

If Biden wins ..I may have to get a revolver

They want to take those too....there was a democrat who pushed limiting magazine size to 5 bullets....which would make a vast number of revolvers illegal...since they are six shots.....

Forum List

Back