Baldwin gun couldn't have just "gone off"...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Liars gonna lie...

"The test showed that when the 45 Colt caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver's hammer was in the quarter and half-cock positions, the gun would not fire without the trigger being pulled."

FBI forensic report concludes Alec Baldwin pulled trigger on 'Rust' set: report

My Uberti has a floating firing pin...it can't go off from anywhere until it has been fully cocked.

Put it on half or quarter and pull the trigger it's STILL not supposed to discharge.

Screenshot_20220813-211424-792.png

New Piettas have the same design.

Liars gonna lie...

"The test showed that when the 45 Colt caliber F.lli Pietta single-action revolver's hammer was in the quarter and half-cock positions, the gun would not fire without the trigger being pulled."

My Uberti has a floating firing pin...it can't go off from anywhere until it has been fully cocked.

Put it on half or quarter and pull the trigger it's STILL not supposed to discharge.

View attachment 682120

Alec Baldwin seems at peace with what he did. Whether or not someone knocks him off his sense of entitlement to kill another human being is yet to be seen.

Baldwin will become the sacrificial lamb for the FBI........after all the shit raid they made to Trumps house!

Throwing some crumbs to Americans so to speak.....see? we are not that bad!

FBI is still scum, criminals, crooked POS!

Baldwin will become the sacrificial lamb for the FBI........after all the shit raid they made to Trumps house!

Throwing some crumbs to Americans so to speak.....see? we are not that bad!

FBI is still scum, criminals, crooked POS!
Oh yeah ... no doubt.

This is the crime lab...not the politicos in the upper ranks.

Liars gonna lie...

View attachment 682120

What else is new. Baldwin alleges he was "fanning the hammer" because that's what Hollywood thinks that the Old West did all the time. That way he didn't actually pull the trigger. But the trigger was PROBALLY pulled WAY before he started fanning.

So -- when the dismissal of all charges scheduled??? :disbelief:

When the average person picks up a handgun, they automatically put their finger on the trigger. This is partly because we have stopped teaching safe gun handling.
My understanding of that weapon is that for the hammer to have fallen when he released it, the trigger would have to be fully depressed. My guess is he did just that... he had the trigger all the way back, thumbed the hammer back, expecting it to set and when he let go, BANG!

A few months ago I had the only negligent discharge of my life after nearly 50 years safely handling firearms. I had installed a laser sight under the barrel of my Sig P365 SAS and did not clear it and make it safe before handling it and playing around with the little red dot. The pressure switch for this laser sits under the trigger guard so that when you are aiming, the middle finger rests on top of it.

I was in my little home office and was pointing the gun at the wall and trying to activate that switch and had a brain-fart and squeezed the wrong finger. My wife was in the room beyond that wall and it could have ended VERY tragically. Mistakes happen. That's why training is so important. If justice is served, Baldwin is going to pay large and it could have been avoided if he hadn't been in such a hurry to get the film in the can and save a few bucks.

But the trigger was PROBALLY pulled WAY before he started fanning.
EXACTLY! I'd bet anything that his concentration was somewhere else in that moment and he may believe he didn't "pull" the trigger but the fact is, that hammer couldn't fall unless the trigger was fully depressed.

The scummy FBI will try to find him guilty.....so that they will have a bit of credibility with Americans.....after the disaster of that idiotic raiding of Trump's house.

FBI idiots! we can read you!

My understanding of that weapon is that for the hammer to have fallen when he released it, the trigger would have to be fully depressed. My guess is he did just that... he had the trigger all the way back, thumbed the hammer back, expecting it to set and when he let go, BANG!

A few months ago I had the only negligent discharge of my life after nearly 50 years safely handling firearms. I had installed a laser sight under the barrel of my Sig P365 SAS and did not clear it and make it safe before handling it and playing around with the little red dot. The pressure switch for this laser sits under the trigger guard so that when you are aiming, the middle finger rests on top of it.

I was in my little home office and was pointing the gun at the wall and trying to activate that switch and had a brain-fart and squeezed the wrong finger. My wife was in the room beyond that wall and it could have ended VERY tragically. Mistakes happen. That's why training is so important. If justice is served, Baldwin is going to pay large and it could have been avoided if he hadn't been in such a hurry to get the film in the can and save a few bucks.

Did she return fire? :badgrin: Or did it just stay icy cold for a couple days?

At least I know you're very honest. Closest I got to an accidental discharge was discovering I put a Anshutz match rifle in a case with a round and closed bolt.

Liars gonna lie...

View attachment 682120

I have a Uberti .44 magnum that's of the same design, basically an 1873 Colt SAA. The dumbass probably had the trigger pulled back while thumbing and releasing the hammer, letting it fall on a loaded chamber.

I have a Uberti .44 magnum that's of the same design, basically an 1873 Colt SAA. The dumbass probably had the trigger pulled back while thumbing and releasing the hammer, letting it fall on a loaded chamber.
That's what he did. He pulled the trigger in the draw, and thumbed the hammer back and let go.

That gun has a second manual safety that should have been engaged. The cylinder pin has 2 detent positions. The first detent is normal shooting position. If you press the release button and move the cylinder pin to the second detent, the hammer is blocked. That's how the gun should have been safed for the rehearsals.

diagram on page 33 of the Pietta manual (pg 6 in the pdf)

For some reason, as soon as I saw FBI and Baldwin...I thought "wag the dog". They need to toss a bone after the Trump escapade so recently and Baldwin is expendable.

Gee, they figured all that out in only like 6 months or so? :smoke:
Because they need a scapegoat. They figured it out long ago but tucked it away in case they needed to make a "statement". Give the people an arrest as long as it isn't someone in power.

FBI: Hey, we are in deep trouble with the masses. Lets give them Baldwin.

Forum List

Back