Bachelor President

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Lindsay Graham is a candidate for president.

Not that I believe he has much chance, but the last bachelor president was James Buchanan, 1857-1861.

What do you think the chances of a bachelor becoming president in the future might be?

Not that I believe he has much chance, but the last bachelor president was James Buchanan, 1857-1861.

What do you think the chances of a bachelor becoming president in the future might be?
I think you've just thought of the next martyr for the Demagoguery Party.

A single male......has to be really good looking too or else it's no dice.

Course.....he'll have to be secretly Gay or the left won't even consider him.

Yes, Buchanan was gay. He was fucking Rufus King, who would become Vice-President after his term, but poor Rufus was in Cuba at the time of the inauguration and was too sick to make it home, so he took the Vice-Presidential oath of office while still in Cuba and then died a number of weeks later. The two of them share a house for a long time and there are a number of love letters between the two of them.

Back then, "Bachelor" was code for "gay", but "eligible Bachelor" was code for "straight guy looking for a mate".

Can you imagine how much ass a bachelor president could get? Assuming you don't look like Lindsay Graham or a Ted Cruz.

Can you imagine how much ass a bachelor president could get? Assuming you don't look like Lindsay Graham or a Ted Cruz.
I can also imagine the amount of blackmail that can be used against him too. Female Russian spy tricks him into giving away secrets.....so-on and so-forth.

With a Democrat it would probably be a Homosexual lover.......but then again the president would have the NSA spy on him and destroy his life forever.

I believe the chances are great. I'd put it at 5 to 1 odds if I was making book on it at present. It could very well happen sooner than we might think. I'd say within the next 20 to 30 years.

I can also imagine the amount of blackmail that can be used against him too. Female Russian spy tricks him into giving away secrets.....so-on and so-forth.

How would that possibility just magically vaporize the instant he gets married? Doesn't add up.
You might be thinking of Rocky the Flying Squirrel?

Fun fact: actually the last bachelor president was Grover Cleveland. He got married after being elected. Buchanan was the one who never married. One newspaper mused, "For being freed from the cares of domestic life . . . (a bachelor) would be more likely to become dissatisfied with himself and be prone to mischief. . . ."

For that matter -- when was the last unmarried candidate who ran, even at the primary level? Jerry Brown?
I don't remember it being an issue for him at all. Bob Kerrey in the same year ('92) was unmarried but that was due to divorce. Arguably there would be more of a case against a candidate who has divorced, which represents a failure, than one who never ventured into it -- but that status didn't impede Reagan at all.

Forum List

Back