Baby Put Through L.A. Airport X-Ray Machine

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
:wtf:

------------
Baby Put Through L.A. Airport X-Ray Machine

LOS ANGELES — A woman mistakenly put her 1-month-old grandson through an X-ray machine at Los Angeles International Airport, authorities said.

A startled security worker noticed the shape of a child on the carry-on baggage screening monitor and immediately pulled him out, the Los Angeles Times reported for a story in Wednesday's editions.

Click here to read the Los Angeles Times story.

The infant was taken to a local hospital, where doctors determined he did not receive a dangerous dose of radiation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,237742,00.html

The baby was probably in a car seat and accidentally left in there. Speaking as a parent, I can see how crazy shit like this happens from time to time. Almost every parent or guardian has a brain fart moment when it comes to kids...but this one does seem to be up there. I bet even Britney Spears is calling her retarded.

Every year parents kill their own kids by backing over them in the driveway, leaving them strapped to car seats inside a car on a hot day, or boiling them in the bathtub. Millions more abuse them through gay relationships, divorce, and simple neglect. Life sucks for lots of kids.

I'm not quite sure how an infant ends up in a carryon bag, but it's way too easy to forget a child in a carrier on the trunk of a car, napping in a crib, when there are other toddlers/children to get strapped in, gathered up, etc. Happens (almost) to even to the most conscientious parents, never mind grandparents. We're not talking about leaving a child in a closed car, to 'run' into a store.

Then I would blame the screeners, the grandparents seemed to be trying to free their arms to go through the whole body search, required by those 'non-profiled' geriatrics...
Gramps probably put the kid on the table to take off his shoes, and the table had this belt that started moving..... I can see it happening.

Forum List

Back