Baby names

"Le - a"

How would you pronounce this as a child's name???

Leah?? NO

Lee - A?? NOPE

Lay - a?? NO

Lei?? Guess Again.

Are you resorting to tongue clicks yet??

It's pronounced "Ledasha" oh yes...you read it right. The dash is not silent.

This child attends a school in Livingston Parish. (Louisiana)

Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong. SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce the dash. When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name, she said "the dash don't be silent."

Got this in an email awhile ago. Don't know if it's true . . . but it probably is.

Crap. I'm gonna have to change the way I pronounce my name too.... I got me a 'dash'. :eek:

Do you pronounce the dash as /dash/? lol

I had the same name as my mom until I got married. That caused some problems. I didn't want to make that mistake with my sons.

I have two students right now who have changed their names. Not legally - mind you - they just picked different ones and that's what they write on their papers. We also have many students who use nicknames. That's tough when the police are trying to figure out who "Blue" is.

Do you pronounce the dash as /dash/? lol

I had the same name as my mom until I got married. That caused some problems. I didn't want to make that mistake with my sons.

I have two students right now who have changed their names. Not legally - mind you - they just picked different ones and that's what they write on their papers. We also have many students who use nicknames. That's tough when the police are trying to figure out who "Blue" is.

I prefer 'hyphen' to 'dash'. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wanted to name my son ‘Mr. Tanaka’ because I was sure he was a reincarnated Japanese businessman.

Forum List

Back