B4u-act

Liberals have no choice but to support that it is normal and not a mental condition to be attracted to children.

Here's the rationale.

Liberals support that a man can be attracted to another man, and that that is normal and not a mental condition.

Ipso facto, it MUST be normal for a person to be attracted to children...because if it ISN'T normal, but a mental abnormality, then the same can be said for homosexuality.

Pedo's dont select victims by political philosophy. No comparison between homosexuality and pedophilia. A grown man and another grown man who agree to do what they do is perfectly fine. It does not hurt anyone else. The Pedo exploits the fact that its prey cant consent and in most cases does not understand whats going on. So, for what ever reason adults are homosexual, it is nothing compared to pedophilia.

So, if it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted sexually to a minor...is it equally possible for the sexual attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?
It's not a mental illness to be attracted to children. It's genetic
What is it? Nevermind, I see you edited your post.

Mental illness is often genetic
Good point, I should clarify further.

Just as the sight of a man/woman turns on an adult female/male (genetic) the site of a young boy/girl turns on an adult male/female (genetic) In other words it's something drugs, therapy or torture won't change. A Pedophile (one who is attracted to boys/girls) can be an outstanding member of society who never acts on their impulse/attraction.

Good point, I should clarify.

Just as the sight of a man/woman turns on an adult female/male (genetic) the site of a young boy/girl turns on an adult male/female (genetic) In other words it's something drugs, therapy or torture won't change. A Pedophile (one who is attracted to boys/girls) can be an outstanding member of society who never acts on their impulse/attraction.

Sort of. I think that there are some therapies that have shown some some degree of promise in pedophiles control their attractions, but generally, they haven't succeeded in removing the innate attraction. It's possible that since this appears to be a genetic abnormality, gene therapy will eventually hold the promise of a cure (or at least early detection and/or prevention). It's also possible that a drug will eventually be developed, though that hasn't occurred yet.

I sat on the board of a program that dealt, in part, with juvenile sex offenders. I really feel sorry for them, though not so sorry that I think they should be allowed to create new victims. It's a terrible condition.

Last edited:

Mental illness is often genetic .

So can a serial killer (no pun intended). It doesn't change the element of mental illness.

Homosexuality fails to meet the criteria of a mental illness.

By your definition, so does the attraction to minors.

The attraction hurts no one, it is acting on that attraction that causes harm.

But you have stipulated that to you, the ATTRACTION is a mental illness, one I agree with.

So again I pose the question:
If it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?​
No, it doesn't.

An attraction to children is harmful to the pedophile whether he acts on it or not.

How?

I'm really putting you on the spot here for a lengthy reply, so I'll give you more than a one work question.

Homosexuality was once believed to be a mental illness or genetic disease, and the same claim was made...that being a homosexual, having homosexual attraction was harmful to the homosexual whether he/she acted on it or not.

Until 1973, homosexuality was diagnosed as a mental illness.

The DoD classified it as a mental illness until 2001.

Was it suddenly it was not harmful?

Did the fact that society began accepting homosexuality reduce the amount of harm?

So, again, if society accepts pedophilia, will the attraction alone suddenly be no longer harmful to the pedophile?

Or will it have it never been harmful?

Or is it still harmful even if society accepts it?

I'm just showing you why this line of reasoning fails.

So can a serial killer (no pun intended). It doesn't change the element of mental illness.
I see what you're getting at and I suppose you are correct. I guess under my definition a person with a Mental illness must be medicated to live a "normal" life, but your point is taken......

I see what you're getting at and I suppose you are correct. I guess under my definition a person with a Mental illness must be medicated to live a "normal" life, but your point is taken......

I think there are several mental illnesses for which medication is generally ineffective. Antisocial personality disorder (used to be called sociopathy) is one.

I find myself at odds here with some.

I believe homosexuality is a choice, and I believe pedophilia is a choice. I have no idea why anyone would choose either, but people choose to do a lot of things I don't understand.

I know it's easier to believe people who target children can't help themselves, but I don't buy it, I think the truth is there are some monsters in the world who choose to be monsters.

What's next , suggesting rape is a mental illness?

Homosexuality fails to meet the criteria of a mental illness.

But you have stipulated that to you, the ATTRACTION is a mental illness, one I agree with.

If it is possible to have a mental illness that causes a person to be attracted to a minor...is it equally possible for the attraction to the same sex to also be caused by a mental illness?​

The risk of harm from a pedophile acting on his/her attractions are considerably greater than that of a homosexual acting on his/hers, which is why we care about pedophilia.

Many sexual tics could be characterized as a type of mental illness or as fetishism. The reason we care about pedophilia is because when pedophiles act on their innate attractions, children are injured.

So, here's a clear rule of thumb for you: if you wish to obsess over women's pinky toes or obese women or wear your wife's dresses, the sky's the limit for you. Fly your freak flag high, but leave the children alone.

I don't disagree with this.

BUT, it skirts the main point.

I believe homosexuality is a choice, and I believe pedophilia is a choice. I have no idea why anyone would choose either, but people choose to do a lot of things I don't understand.

I know it's easier to believe people who target children can't help themselves, but I don't buy it, I think the truth is there are some monsters in the world who choose to be monsters.

It probably is also a mental illness.

But it doesn't really matter if it is a choice or not. All that matters is that children, like rape victims, cannot or did not give consent. Just like murder victims.

As long as sympathy is not garnered for them mental illness or not. Gacy was a loon as is Loghner, and other infamous killers. Even with the drugs, they are still warehoused in prisons when they act on their compulsions, and they still face the death penalty when they act. This should be the case with pedo's. Until the gene therapy or what ever treatment is developed the stigma attached to pedo's needs to remain, and they need to be treated with the contempt and hatred they deserve. They are adult, they know better. I will make no effort to understand their compulsion, but then, I am biased. My compulsion would be to kill a pedo on sight, and I would do so with much glee and flair. I dont act on this compulsion because I dont want lethal injection, or life in prison. the same should be expected of a pedo.

Last edited:

I don't know your gender, but did you choose to be attracted to a man/woman or did it just come naturally?

Homosexuality also appears likely to be a genetic abnormality and probably falls into the category of sexual fetish. However, it doesn't involve victimizing children, so most of us are too busy with our own lives to worry what other people do with their sex organs.

Your fascination with the subject is duly noted.

Now, could we talk about pedophilia, versus your fascination with the gays?

Homosexuality also appears likely to be a genetic abnormality and probably falls into the category of sexual fetish. However, it doesn't involve victimizing children, so most of us are too busy with our own lives to worry what other people do with their sex organs.

Your fascination with the subject is duly noted.

Now, could we talk about pedophilia, versus your fascination with the gays?

Is the cutting remark necessary?

Can we not have a conversation like adults without it getting personal?

I gave my opinion, and defended it.

I apologize if that in some way offended you.

Is it really this hard to stick to the stated topic of the thread as per the OP?

Seriously, if you want to talk about homosexuality as mental illness, start a thread. Most of us are here to talk about the subject of this thread, which is not "the gays".

No, it doesn't.

An attraction to children is harmful to the pedophile whether he acts on it or not.

How?

I'm really putting you on the spot here for a lengthy reply, so I'll give you more than a one work question.

Homosexuality was once believed to be a mental illness or genetic disease, and the same claim was made...that being a homosexual, having homosexual attraction was harmful to the homosexual whether he/she acted on it or not.

Until 1973, homosexuality was diagnosed as a mental illness.

The DoD classified it as a mental illness until 2001.

Was it suddenly it was not harmful?

Did the fact that society began accepting homosexuality reduce the amount of harm?

So, again, if society accepts pedophilia, will the attraction alone suddenly be no longer harmful to the pedophile?

Or will it have it never been harmful?

Or is it still harmful even if society accepts it?

I'm just showing you why this line of reasoning fails.
For homosexuals, society's perception changed, not homosexuals. It used to be agaisnt the law to marry interracially, and it used to be considered normal to own black men, or that women were inherently inferior.I don't consider "used to be" a valid reason to continue something.

Pedophilia is harmful to man, the thoughts are harmful. Pedophiles often become too overwhelmed and obsessed with the thoughts, which is what leads to actions. They cannot function in society normally, they cannot lead a healthy productive life.

Pedophilia is harmful to man, the thoughts are harmful. Pedophiles often become too overwhelmed and obsessed with the thoughts, which is what leads to actions. They cannot function in society normally, they cannot lead a healthy productive life.

This is not true. Six Misconceptions About Pedophiles : Discovery News

I get that it's scary and creepy and repulsive, but it's entirely possible for pedophiles to control their impulses. That's the entire point of trying to educate professionals in the field of mental health about the advances in treatement for pedophilia.

Last edited:
Ok, empotion aside, here is a wiki, pleas forgive me for it, but its the best I could find that a normal person like my self can find.

Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 11 years or younger, though specific diagnosis criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13).[1][2][3][4][5] An adolescent who is 16 years of age or older must be at least five years older than the prepubescent child before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]

In So between medical, psychiatric, and law enforcement mentioned here in the article, what is the solution other then removing pedo's from society ?

This is not true. Six Misconceptions About Pedophiles : Discovery News

I get that it's scary and creepy and repulsive, but it's entirely possible for pedophiles to control their impulses. That's the entire point of trying to educate professionals in the field of mental health about the advances in treatement for pedophilia.

I didn't say they were incablale, I said they often become obsessive, and I think that compulsion can overwhelm if they don't seek treatment.

Ok, empotion aside, here is a wiki, pleas forgive me for it, but its the best I could find that a normal person like my self can find.

Pedophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia, or paedophilia, is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children (generally age 11 years or younger, though specific diagnosis criteria for the disorder extends the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13).[1][2][3][4][5] An adolescent who is 16 years of age or older must be at least five years older than the prepubescent child before the attraction can be diagnosed as pedophilia.[1][2]

In So between medical, psychiatric, and law enforcement mentioned here in the article, what is the solution other then removing pedo's from society ?

Six Misconceptions About Pedophiles : Discovery News

http://whyfiles.org/154pedophile/2.html

http://neuroanthropology.net/2010/05/10/inside-the-mind-of-a-pedophile/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back