Azov Battalion Accuses Russia Of Chemical Attacks In Mariupol, As WP & Poison Gas Allegations Fly

When you figure it out let us know. ;)

Those articles are pretty slanted, I didn't go all the way through it. Lots of "anti-zionism" rhetoric, it doesn't really speak to me. Not my cup of tea- the invoking of religion for political reasons.

I'm not a champion of Zelensky, I just note that he did not come to power a a result of US meddling.

RUSI put out a report yesterday that talked a little bit about the FSB's 5th Service activities in Ukraine and Moldova. It might put the purges (both in Ukraine and Russia) in better perspective.

You might also check out the #FSBLetters from @WindsofChange.

Here is the report from RUSI.

It is just the amount of different slants which I find in Ukraine hard to decipher. I have been trying to avoid places like the Grey Zone in order to make the situation more simple. People having their country invaded, their homes destroyed by people who others in the region have been expressing a fear will happen to them for decades. I find Blumenthal to be a very accurate person so while you may not like his slant I would be very surprised if what he writes is not true.

and this bit
Elected on a platform of de-escalation of hostilities with Russia, Zelensky was determined to enforce the so-called Steinmeier Formula conceived by then-German Foreign Minister Walter Steinmeier which called for elections in the Russian-speaking regions of Donetsk and Lugansk.
[/QUOTE]

When it was the very Zelensky himself who would not shake Steinmeier's hand offered in goodwill but instead banned him from the country. What these two article have done for me is to open my eyes.

I am guessing you do not like the authors. Sometimes you learn something when you are prepared to look at material which goes against your own position. That is why I looked at these today - not because I did not have a bit of an idea what I would find but because I felt it was time I had a proper look. Like for me it is not just finding 'my point of view', it is being prepared to try and find the truth even if that makes me feel uncomfortable. I did find a mass of information in these papers but I did not see anti zionism or using of religion for politics whatever that means in either of these articles/papers. Zionism is a political view. Judaism in the Religion.

Last edited:
I appreciate your POV Alexa, but I don't have the context to judge. I looked at his previous work, and I don't particularly care for his slant on things. I try to cut through the political and just get a sense of the facts as they really are. I don't have a dog in the fight.

I know the Azov of today is not the Azov of 2014. It is supposedly a much reformed group. Be that as it may, it is not a consideration for me whether or not Russia was justified in invading Ukraine. That is still the fundamental issue.

I'm not interested in a bunch of hyperventilating about neo-nazis. That is such a stupid sideshow.

I'm very concerned with the radicalization of the Russian people under the narrative.

What Europeans see:

Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, all of Ukraine in 2022. There is a pattern here. Putin takes what he thinks can get away with, but will come back for another bite at the apple at the next opportunity.

The Military Situation In The Ukraine​

April 1, 2022 Jacques Baud
Part One: The Road To War

Ukraine-Neo-Nazis-1024x478.jpg

". . . In 2022, very schematically, the Ukrainian armed forces fighting the Russian offensive were organized as:
  • The Army, subordinated to the Ministry of Defense. It is organized into 3 army corps and composed of maneuver formations (tanks, heavy artillery, missiles, etc.).
  • The National Guard, which depends on the Ministry of the Interior and is organized into 5 territorial commands.
The National Guard is therefore a territorial defense force that is not part of the Ukrainian army. It includes paramilitary militias, called “volunteer battalions” (добровольчі батальйоні), also known by the evocative name of “reprisal battalions,” and composed of infantry. Primarily trained for urban combat, they now defend cities such as Kharkov, Mariupol, Odessa, Kiev, etc.

Part Two: The War

As a former head of the Warsaw Pact forces in the Swiss strategic intelligence service, I observe with sadness—but not astonishment—that our services are no longer able to understand the military situation in Ukraine. The self-proclaimed “experts” who parade on our screens tirelessly relay the same information modulated by the claim that Russia—and Vladimir Putin—is irrational. Let’s take a step back.

1. The Outbreak Of War

Since November 2021, the Americans have been constantly threatening a Russian invasion of the Ukraine. However, the Ukrainians did not seem to agree. Why not?

We have to go back to March 24, 2021. On that day, Volodymyr Zelensky issued a decree for the recapture of the Crimea, and began to deploy his forces to the south of the country. At the same time, several NATO exercises were conducted between the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea, accompanied by a significant increase in reconnaissance flights along the Russian border. Russia then conducted several exercises to test the operational readiness of its troops and to show that it was following the evolution of the situation.

Things calmed down until October-November with the end of the ZAPAD 21 exercises, whose troop movements were interpreted as a reinforcement for an offensive against the Ukraine. However, even the Ukrainian authorities refuted the idea of Russian preparations for a war, and Oleksiy Reznikov, Ukrainian Minister of Defense, states that there had been no change on its border since the spring.

In violation of the Minsk Agreements, the Ukraine was conducting air operations in Donbass using drones, including at least one strike against a fuel depot in Donetsk in October 2021. The American press noted this, but not the Europeans; and no one condemned these violations.

In February 2022, events were precipitated. On February 7, during his visit to Moscow, Emmanuel Macron reaffirmed to Vladimir Putin his commitment to the Minsk Agreements, a commitment he would repeat after his meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky the next day. But on February 11, in Berlin, after nine hours of work, the meeting of political advisors of the leaders of the “Normandy format” ended, without any concrete result: the Ukrainians still refused to apply the Minsk Agreements, apparently under pressure from the United States. Vladimir Putin noted that Macron had made empty promises and that the West was not ready to enforce the agreements, as it had been doing for eight years.

Ukrainian preparations in the contact zone continued. The Russian Parliament became alarmed; and on February 15 asked Vladimir Putin to recognize the independence of the Republics, which he refused to do.

On 17 February, President Joe Biden announced that Russia would attack the Ukraine in the next few days. How did he know this? It is a mystery. But since the 16th, the artillery shelling of the population of Donbass increased dramatically, as the daily reports of the OSCE observers show. Naturally, neither the media, nor the European Union, nor NATO, nor any Western government reacts or intervenes. It will be said later that this is Russian disinformation. In fact, it seems that the European Union and some countries have deliberately kept silent about the massacre of the Donbass population, knowing that this would provoke a Russian intervention.

At the same time, there were reports of sabotage in the Donbass. On 18 January, Donbass fighters intercepted saboteurs, who spoke Polish and were equipped with Western equipment and who were seeking to create chemical incidents in Gorlivka. They could have been CIA mercenaries, led or “advised” by Americans and composed of Ukrainian or European fighters, to carry out sabotage actions in the Donbass Republics. . . . "

Number-of-Explosions-in-Donbass-19-20-February-2022.jpg
Ceasefire-Violations-724x1024.jpg

Ukraine/Russia update - a conversation with Scott Ritter​

Streamed live on Apr 13, 2022

Judge Napolitano - Judging Freedom

The Military Situation In The Ukraine​

April 1, 2022 Jacques Baud
Part One: The Road To War

Ukraine-Neo-Nazis-1024x478.jpg

". . . In 2022, very schematically, the Ukrainian armed forces fighting the Russian offensive were organized as:
  • The Army, subordinated to the Ministry of Defense. It is organized into 3 army corps and composed of maneuver formations (tanks, heavy artillery, missiles, etc.).
  • The National Guard, which depends on the Ministry of the Interior and is organized into 5 territorial commands.
The National Guard is therefore a territorial defense force that is not part of the Ukrainian army. It includes paramilitary militias, called “volunteer battalions” (добровольчі батальйоні), also known by the evocative name of “reprisal battalions,” and composed of infantry. Primarily trained for urban combat, they now defend cities such as Kharkov, Mariupol, Odessa, Kiev, etc.

Part Two: The War

As a former head of the Warsaw Pact forces in the Swiss strategic intelligence service, I observe with sadness—but not astonishment—that our services are no longer able to understand the military situation in Ukraine. The self-proclaimed “experts” who parade on our screens tirelessly relay the same information modulated by the claim that Russia—and Vladimir Putin—is irrational. Let’s take a step back.

1. The Outbreak Of War

Since November 2021, the Americans have been constantly threatening a Russian invasion of the Ukraine. However, the Ukrainians did not seem to agree. Why not?

We have to go back to March 24, 2021. On that day, Volodymyr Zelensky issued a decree for the recapture of the Crimea, and began to deploy his forces to the south of the country. At the same time, several NATO exercises were conducted between the Black Sea and the Baltic Sea, accompanied by a significant increase in reconnaissance flights along the Russian border. Russia then conducted several exercises to test the operational readiness of its troops and to show that it was following the evolution of the situation.

Things calmed down until October-November with the end of the ZAPAD 21 exercises, whose troop movements were interpreted as a reinforcement for an offensive against the Ukraine. However, even the Ukrainian authorities refuted the idea of Russian preparations for a war, and Oleksiy Reznikov, Ukrainian Minister of Defense, states that there had been no change on its border since the spring.

In violation of the Minsk Agreements, the Ukraine was conducting air operations in Donbass using drones, including at least one strike against a fuel depot in Donetsk in October 2021. The American press noted this, but not the Europeans; and no one condemned these violations.

In February 2022, events were precipitated. On February 7, during his visit to Moscow, Emmanuel Macron reaffirmed to Vladimir Putin his commitment to the Minsk Agreements, a commitment he would repeat after his meeting with Volodymyr Zelensky the next day. But on February 11, in Berlin, after nine hours of work, the meeting of political advisors of the leaders of the “Normandy format” ended, without any concrete result: the Ukrainians still refused to apply the Minsk Agreements, apparently under pressure from the United States. Vladimir Putin noted that Macron had made empty promises and that the West was not ready to enforce the agreements, as it had been doing for eight years.

Ukrainian preparations in the contact zone continued. The Russian Parliament became alarmed; and on February 15 asked Vladimir Putin to recognize the independence of the Republics, which he refused to do.

On 17 February, President Joe Biden announced that Russia would attack the Ukraine in the next few days. How did he know this? It is a mystery. But since the 16th, the artillery shelling of the population of Donbass increased dramatically, as the daily reports of the OSCE observers show. Naturally, neither the media, nor the European Union, nor NATO, nor any Western government reacts or intervenes. It will be said later that this is Russian disinformation. In fact, it seems that the European Union and some countries have deliberately kept silent about the massacre of the Donbass population, knowing that this would provoke a Russian intervention.

At the same time, there were reports of sabotage in the Donbass. On 18 January, Donbass fighters intercepted saboteurs, who spoke Polish and were equipped with Western equipment and who were seeking to create chemical incidents in Gorlivka. They could have been CIA mercenaries, led or “advised” by Americans and composed of Ukrainian or European fighters, to carry out sabotage actions in the Donbass Republics. . . . "

Number-of-Explosions-in-Donbass-19-20-February-2022.jpg
Ceasefire-Violations-724x1024.jpg

Ukraine/Russia update - a conversation with Scott Ritter​

Streamed live on Apr 13, 2022

Judge Napolitano - Judging Freedom

There was also the report of Konashenkov on the 22 of Feb.

Post #800

Forum List

Back