Autopsy of Powell's 'Kraken' Reveals Suspiciously Similar Affidavits

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Reason/Jacob Sullum 12/25

>> "I want to alert the public and let the world know the truth about the corruption, manipulation, and lies being committed by a conspiracy of people and companies intent upon betraying the honest people of the United States and their legally constituted institutions and fundamental rights as citizens," says a redacted affidavit from an unnamed individual who claims to have served on "the national security guard detail" for Venezuela's president. "This conspiracy began more than a decade ago in Venezuela and has spread to countries all over the world. It is a conspiracy to wrongfully gain and keep power and wealth. It involves political leaders, powerful companies, and other persons whose purpose is to gain and keep power by changing the free will of the people and subverting the proper course of governing."​

An affidavit from Ana Mercedes Díaz Cardozo, a naturalized U.S. citizen who says she was "a career official for 25 years at the Supreme Electoral Council of Venezuela," includes a nearly identical passage. Díaz also describes herself as "an adult of the sound mine," while the anonymous Venezuelan affiant uses a similarly mistaken phrase, saying, "I am an adult of sound mine."​
Dominion Voting Systems, one of the companies that Powell has implicated in the purported plot to steal the election, notes the similarities between the two Venezuelan affiants' descriptions of their motivations in a December 16 letter demanding that Powell retract her accusations and threatening a defamation lawsuit if she doesn't. Dominion says the fact that the two affiants used almost exactly the same language proves that "those witnesses did not each write their declarations independently" and strongly suggests that the "allegations of a decade-old international conspiracy were written or edited by you or your team—not by the witnesses themselves." The repetition of the "sound mine" error likewise suggests collaboration.​
The Dominion letter also notes that another anonymous witness Powell has used in court, codenamed "Spyder" (sometimes "Spider") and identified by The Washington Post as Army veteran Joshua Merritt, has admitted he never worked in military intelligence, although Powell called him a "Military Intelligence expert" and his declaration described him as a former "electronic intelligence analyst under 305th Military Intelligence."​
... Dominion notes several other striking errors in witness statements used by Powell. Navid Keshavarz-Nia, presented as a cybersecurity expert, famously placed "Edison County" in Michigan, where no such jurisdiction exists. Russell Ramsland, a cybersecurity analyst and former Republican congressional candidate, discussed locations in Minnesota while alleging fraud in Michigan. Ramsland also claimed that voter turnout in Detroit was an impossible 139 percent and that turnout in North Muskegon was an even more improbable 782 percent, which he presented as clear evidence of fraud. "In reality," Dominion says, "the turnout in those places was 50.88% and 78.11%, respectively." <<​

Commentary: While as an audio guy I'm sure the "sound mine" must be an interesting visit, this level of legalistic incompetence is, and should be here, the stuff of sanctions and/or disbarment. Blatant abuse of the legal system. Why then does it not surprise me that Sidney (really- "Sidney"?) Powell can't spell the word mind. Brings one to wonder if she's also misspelling the name "Cindy".

I mean I go to the Sound Mine quite often but I usually come out of it with music.

Thanks to Johnlaw whose thread led me to this story.
Related: Twitter-fired Cybersecurity Chief Krebs Sues Rump campaign, diGenova, Newsmax after Receiving Threats

Last edited:

>> "I want to alert the public and let the world know the truth about the corruption, manipulation, and lies being committed by a conspiracy of people and companies intent upon betraying the honest people of the United States and their legally constituted institutions and fundamental rights as citizens," says a redacted affidavit from an unnamed individual who claims to have served on "the national security guard detail" for Venezuela's president. "This conspiracy began more than a decade ago in Venezuela and has spread to countries all over the world. It is a conspiracy to wrongfully gain and keep power and wealth. It involves political leaders, powerful companies, and other persons whose purpose is to gain and keep power by changing the free will of the people and subverting the proper course of governing."​

An affidavit from Ana Mercedes Díaz Cardozo, a naturalized U.S. citizen who says she was "a career official for 25 years at the Supreme Electoral Council of Venezuela," includes a nearly identical passage. Díaz also describes herself as "an adult of the sound mine," while the anonymous Venezuelan affiant uses a similarly mistaken phrase, saying, "I am an adult of sound mine."​
Dominion Voting Systems, one of the companies that Powell has implicated in the purported plot to steal the election, notes the similarities between the two Venezuelan affiants' descriptions of their motivations in a December 16 letter demanding that Powell retract her accusations and threatening a defamation lawsuit if she doesn't. Dominion says the fact that the two affiants used almost exactly the same language proves that "those witnesses did not each write their declarations independently" and strongly suggests that the "allegations of a decade-old international conspiracy were written or edited by you or your team—not by the witnesses themselves." The repetition of the "sound mine" error likewise suggests collaboration.​
The Dominion letter also notes that another anonymous witness Powell has used in court, codenamed "Spyder" (sometimes "Spider") and identified by The Washington Post as Army veteran Joshua Merritt, has admitted he never worked in military intelligence, although Powell called him a "Military Intelligence expert" and his declaration described him as a former "electronic intelligence analyst under 305th Military Intelligence."​
... Dominion notes several other striking errors in witness statements used by Powell. Navid Keshavarz-Nia, presented as a cybersecurity expert, famously placed "Edison County" in Michigan, where no such jurisdiction exists. Russell Ramsland, a cybersecurity analyst and former Republican congressional candidate, discussed locations in Minnesota while alleging fraud in Michigan. Ramsland also claimed that voter turnout in Detroit was an impossible 139 percent and that turnout in North Muskegon was an even more improbable 782 percent, which he presented as clear evidence of fraud. "In reality," Dominion says, "the turnout in those places was 50.88% and 78.11%, respectively." <<​

Commentary: While as an audio guy I'm sure the "sound mine" must be an interesting visit, this level of legalistic incompetence is, and should be here, the stuff of sanctions and/or disbarment. Blatant abuse of the legal system.

Related: Twitter-fired Cybersecurity Chief Krebs Sues Rump campaign, diGenova, Newsmax after Receiving Threats
Most of the hard core believers just don't care about veracity any more..if indeed, they ever did.

Commentary: While as an audio guy I'm sure the "sound mine" must be an interesting visit, this level of legalistic incompetence is, and should be here, the stuff of sanctions and/or disbarment. Blatant abuse of the legal system.

Its the same typo---Mine instead of Mind like typing teh instead of the. Common typo--not mistaken phrase.

Commentary: While as an audio guy I'm sure the "sound mine" must be an interesting visit, this level of legalistic incompetence is, and should be here, the stuff of sanctions and/or disbarment. Blatant abuse of the legal system. Why then does it not surprise me that Sidney (really- "Sidney"?) Powell can't spell the word mind. Brings one to wonder if she's also misspelling the name "Cindy".

I mean I go to the Sound Mine quite often but I usually come out of it with music.

Its the same typo---Mine instead of Mind like typing teh instead of the. Common typo--not mistaken phrase.

Attorneys are supposed to have proofreaders. A minimum of another set of eyes to check their output. That's part of what I do myself. So the very least we could say about this to be charitable would be to call it sloppy work. ANY attorney worth his or her salt goes over documents with a fine-toothed comb. But to then dictate affidavit text and use the same faulty template for multiple documents, that's beyond simple "sloppy work".

An affidavit from Ana Mercedes Díaz Cardozo, a naturalized U.S. citizen who says she was "a career official for 25 years at the Supreme Electoral Council of Venezuela," includes a nearly identical passage. Díaz also describes herself as "an adult of the sound mine," while the anonymous Venezuelan affiant uses a similarly mistaken phrase, saying, "I am an adult of sound mine."
And you’re saying the election was not hacked?

An affidavit from Ana Mercedes Díaz Cardozo, a naturalized U.S. citizen who says she was "a career official for 25 years at the Supreme Electoral Council of Venezuela," includes a nearly identical passage. Díaz also describes herself as "an adult of the sound mine," while the anonymous Venezuelan affiant uses a similarly mistaken phrase, saying, "I am an adult of sound mine."
And you’re saying the election was not hacked?

I don't speak in negative absolutes. If you could read you'd know that.

I'm saying this is world-class shitty lawyering. Not to be outdone with the possible exception of the inmate who filed a "Motion to Kiss My Ass".

Most of the hard core believers just don't care about veracity any more..if indeed, they ever did.
It’s part of laying the rhetorical foundation for advancing the lie that Biden is not the legitimate president.

Too funny.

Here's what I don't get: How can they be so unaware as to try stuff like this? How can they possibly not know that people are going to dig?

Maybe that's part of Trump Delusion Syndrome.

More like if you can't convince them with facts (or have none) blind them with bluster. But ya, it's pretty damn stupid.

It's as if there were entire battalions of Augustus Gloops suddenly goose stepping out of the nation's septic tanks, having gorged themselves on Trump crap.

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 6.47.40 PM.png

You are what you eat, but it's all the unrelenting upchucking
that is particularly distasteful to normal folks.​

It’s part of laying the rhetorical foundation for advancing the lie that Biden is not the legitimate president.
biden isn't a legitimate American and his fight for 60 years against the Constitution proves that. So read it for once in your useless life

Wow! The Company responsible for having manipulated voting machines hates Powell who outed them. You suckers will believe anything if it supports your 'Orange Man Bad' hysterics.

Forum List

Back