Attorney: No More `Black Pastors' in Court for Arbery Case

1637305123272.png

The man who fatally shot Ahmaud Arbery testified Thursday that the 25-year-old Black man’s demeanor struck him as suspicious when he first approached to question him about a possible crime in his coastal Georgia neighborhood, but he acknowledged that Arbery did not threaten him in any way.

Travis McMichael said neighbors indicated something had happened down the road and he wanted to ask Arbery, who was running there, about it. He testified he pulled alongside Arbery in his pickup truck with a shotgun pointed to the floor beside him. He said Arbery stopped, but then took off running when McMichael told him police were on the way.

Testifying under cross-examination, McMichael acknowledged that Arbery didn’t yell at him, threaten him or show any weapons. Instead, he remained silent and kept moving.

“He just ran?” prosecutor Linda Dunikoski asked.

“Yes, he was just running,” Michael said.

Asked how many times he had previously pulled up behind strangers in the neighborhood to ask them what they were doing there, McMichael said never.

1637305741268.png

View attachment 565964

The man who fatally shot Ahmaud Arbery testified Thursday that the 25-year-old Black man’s demeanor struck him as suspicious when he first approached to question him about a possible crime in his coastal Georgia neighborhood, but he acknowledged that Arbery did not threaten him in any way.

Travis McMichael said neighbors indicated something had happened down the road and he wanted to ask Arbery, who was running there, about it. He testified he pulled alongside Arbery in his pickup truck with a shotgun pointed to the floor beside him. He said Arbery stopped, but then took off running when McMichael told him police were on the way.

Testifying under cross-examination, McMichael acknowledged that Arbery didn’t yell at him, threaten him or show any weapons. Instead, he remained silent and kept moving.
“He just ran?” prosecutor Linda Dunikoski asked.

“Yes, he was just running,” Michael said.

Asked how many times he had previously pulled up behind strangers in the neighborhood to ask them what they were doing there, McMichael said never.

The sad emoticon is for Abery and the way his life came to a sudden end based on the overly suspicious minds of white racists when it comes to black people.

When Travis McMichaels admitted that Arbery had not threatened him in any way before MicMichaels raised his gun to him was not the least bit surprising to me. Him admitting however was, and I had just a tinge of regret that their racism keeps them from being better human beings who would not have opted to take this route, simply to get answers although we know that "reason" is merely a pretext.

The thing that has always been the most f_ckup is that white juries, knowing that these white defendants had no valid legal basis for their action under any of the laws available to them, traditionally would still exonerate the killers with an acquittal as if it was just genetically impossible for them to break code and find them guilty.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
The sad emoticon is for Abery and the way his life came to a sudden end based on the overly suspicious minds of white racists when it comes to black people.

When Travis McMichaels admitted that Arbery had not threatened him in any way before MicMichaels raised his gun to him was not the least bit surprising to me. Him admitting however was, and I had just a tinge of regret that their racism keeps them from being better human beings who would not have opted to take this route, simply to get answers although we know that "reason" is merely a pretext.

The thing that has always been the most f_ckup is that white juries, knowing that these white defendants had no valid legal basis for their action under any of the laws available to them, traditionally would still exonerate the killers with an acquittal as if it was just genetically impossible for them to break code and find them guilty.
Is there some indication/proof that these guys are actually racists other than they are white and Arbery is black? They could just be vigilantes who killed a man. Im being serious. Everyone is calling them racists which they very well might be, but I havent actually seen anything other than they are white and Arbery is black.

Is there some indication/proof that these guys are actually racists other than they are white and Arbery is black? They could just be vigilantes who killed a man. Im being serious. Everyone is calling them racists which they very well might be, but I havent actually seen anything other than they are white and Arbery is black.
Supposedly there's social media postings with racist content.

Not to mention Travis dropping the N-word after killing him.

I'm sure I'm probably going to regret this but what kind of influence are they afraid that seeing civil rights icons will have?

Their presence supporting the prosecution's case lends it weight. It's really that simple. Like it or not people are swayed consciously or unconsciously by people who have celebrity.

It's no different than an ad campaign. Why would I trust Patrick Mahomes when it comes to car insurance? Why would I trust what Tom Seleck has to say about reverse mortgages? There's no good reason why people would or should but they do. If they didnt those companies wouldnt be paying those guys the money they are to make the commercials.

Now take Rev's Jackson and Sharpton. They have serious wasta when it comes to this sphere. Like them or not they have credibility on this subject. How much more influence do they have when seen supporting one side or another?

Their presence supporting the prosecution's case lends it weight. It's really that simple. Like it or not people are swayed consciously or unconsciously by people who have celebrity.

It's no different than an ad campaign. Why would I trust Patrick Mahomes when it comes to car insurance? Why would I trust what Tom Seleck has to say about reverse mortgages? There's no good reason why people would or should but they do. If they didnt those companies wouldnt be paying those guys the money they are to make the commercials.

Now take Rev's Jackson and Sharpton. They have serious wasta when it comes to this sphere. Like them or not they have credibility on this subject. How much more influence do they have when seen supporting one side or another?
Citizens have a right to witness a trial.

So if a black person is killed by 3 white racists as in the Arbery case, and someone in retaliation kills a random white person, you're good with that? Cause that's what you essentially just said.
No, you colored people have a BIG back-up of whites you've killed to make up, before you get credit.

So their guilt is a forgone conclusion?
As a rule they are caught with a smoking gun ---- we're not talking about smart people here, after all.

But I prefer an honest trial. It should be very quick and soon and if they are guilty, depending on how horrific it was, they should either be executed or sent back to Africa. With DNA recorded so they can never come back here. Sounds fair to me.

But they tell us that we are the violent ones with no respect for the law. Even when they sit on juries they don't care about the law.

No, you colored people have a BIG back-up of whites you've killed to make up, before you get credit.
No wheat thin, whites have killed far more blacks since America has been a nation than otherwise. Your lead is so large that blacks will never catch up.

Come on man! You can't be this niave. What do you need to see? Klan outfits? Nazi flags?

That's not how racism works in the 21st century.

They can sit in the court or be interviewed by the media outside of the court. Which one reaches more people? There is no defense or excuse for denying them court access. This is what happens when 2 white men murder an unarmed black, then the police try hiding the killing. The McMichaels have the same opportunity to get a famous celebrity to sit in the court with them. Where's trump? He is not far from Georgia.

I don't know ----- are people racist because they know, as we all do, that blacks steal everything isn't nailed down? Seems to me that's just realistic. If you want to call it racist, go ahead, but then "racist" is just another word for "we all know THAT!"

It is reported by the police that after Travis shot and killed Arbery he stood over his body and referred to him as a 'ducking ******'.

Apparently they also scoured the social media post for a pattern of posting that would demonstrate

Not even 24 hrs and look where we are now.

Today is one of my "on" days so I can only do small responses from my phone but God willing I'll see you all this evening.

Forum List

Back