"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

A couple of years ago, when I was involved in the study of epistemology, and I had read something about her philosophy, as it has been brought up, as I said, by Americans lately, I read a basic outline of what her philosophical ideas are. I thought them very superficial. I'm not spewing any hate. I had enough intellectual curiosity to check her out.

Right...

I think it's quite ironic that you accuse me of demagoguery and ignorance.

I only bring it because you promote demagoguery and ignorance. The closed mind of the left, that reacts violently to that which challenges dogma.

Quite ironic. I know one thing, in my daily life, I would never waste any time in an attempt to discuss anything on any intellectual level with someone with a mind like yours.

You lack the intellect to discuss anything at all. You have the capacity to recite dogma. But should a challenge arise, you are incapable of defending said dogma and can only hurl inarticulate epithets. Leftist academia, those with the closed mind and inability to logically examine any subject.

It's impossible to get any sense out of someone like you. The hate is yours.

Of course it is. After all, I challenged you to support your dogma.

The ignorance is yours. The demogoguery is yours. And you are the one who is brainwashed by hate sites. I don't read any hate sites.

Sure you don't. You spend no time on Thinkprogress, Huffingpo, DemocraticUnderground, DailyKOS, et al.

I don't watch any of the American news programs that discuss political ideas. I get my information from a variety of international news sources and do not watch 'discussion' programs at all. Everything you accuse me of is projection. You are projecting onto me what you yourself are.

So, you are very careful to remain ignorant of the subjects you speak of?

I love the book and am now reading it again. I hope the message of the book comes through and is not hijacked by the liberal left that seems to be too prominent in Hollywood. Next to the bible I think this is the best book ever written.

I think you need to widen your experience:

100 Best Novels « Modern Library

Some excellent books on that list. A few, such as "Battlefield Earth" and "Lord of the Flies" baffle me; but for the most part these are novels that people should read.

You know I have the suspicion that more so called liberals on this board actually read that tome than the CONS who are here trying to defend its merits.

Much like Esmeralda, I was a voracious reader and probably around 1964 or 65 I picked Atlas Shrugged off the book rack because

1. It was really big, ergo a better buy for my money

2. It has a neat cover that looked interesting

Today were I asked to edit the thing, I'd keep the entire plot, but I'd cut back on the polemics by about 90%.

Anyone interested in today's political world OUGHT to read this book.

ESPECIALLY if you lean to the left.

Every flawed argument, and every specious character assassination of the left that we hear from today's NEOCONS, can be found in that book.

You know I have the suspicion that more so called liberals on this board actually read that tome than the CONS who are here trying to defend its merits.

I doubt it.

People like Esmeralda read a critique by Howard Zinn or other communist, adopt the opinion they are fed, then claim to have read it.

Much like Esmeralda, I was a voracious reader and probably around 1964 or 65 I picked Atlas Shrugged off the book rack because

Today were I asked to edit the thing, I'd keep the entire plot, but I'd cut back on the polemics by about 90%.

Every flawed argument, and every specious character assassination of the left that we hear from today's NEOCONS, can be found in that book.

Esmeralda is an intellectual dwarf. I will repeat the challenge that I made to her; Debate in the CDZ, I support Objectivism, you support Material Dialecticalism. You may balk and claim you're not a Marxist, but I'm not an Objectivist either.

You game?

Read it...and The Fountainhead...a long time ago.

"This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force." -- Dorothy Parker

That actually doesn't refer to Atlas Shrugs, though it's often incorrectly attributed to that novel.

Now this quote:

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."

should be attributed to John Rogers. The original is still up on the 2009 blog page, Kung Fu Monkey.
Kung Fu Monkey: Ephemera 2009 (7)

It has been fun looking back through the cult ravings of the objectivists here. They were so sure the movie would be a massive blockbuster and lead to President Obama's crushing election defeat. And when that didn't happen, something seemed to snap in their little cultist minds.

Good news, part 3 is supposedly going to be made!

Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Greenlit; Photography Begins Fall 2013 | The Atlas Society

Maybe this time will do the trick! It will catch fire across the nation, and those dirty liberals will be dooooooooooooomed, I tell ya!

I doubt it.

People like Esmeralda read a critique by Howard Zinn or other communist, adopt the opinion they are fed, then claim to have read it.

Esmeralda is an intellectual dwarf. I will repeat the challenge that I made to her; Debate in the CDZ, I support Objectivism, you support Material Dialecticalism. You may balk and claim you're not a Marxist, but I'm not an Objectivist either.

You game?

I'm game, Uncensored.

If you want to start a thread to discuss the merits of Objectivism or any of the various offshoots of Randian thinking, I'll be only too happy to play.

AS I am STILL waiting for DAS Kaspital to be publised in CLASSIC COMIC format, I cannot guarantee that I can be a Marxian foil.

But I can assure you that I am the world's leading expert in Editecian Political theory so perhaps a good time can had by all, eh?

Let's play, dude.

You start the thread, I'll be there

:eusa_angel:

Read it...and The Fountainhead...a long time ago.

Read them both, also. The Fountainhead wasn't a bad read, even if I did think the protagonist was a selfish asshole. Atlas Shrugged on the other hand was total trash and a monumental waste of time. Take it from the experts which was a better piece of literature. The Fountainhead was made into a movie in 1949, while for the next 60 years no one wanted to touch Atlas Shrugged.

Read them both, also. The Fountainhead wasn't a bad read, even if I did think the protagonist was a selfish asshole. Atlas Shrugged on the other hand was total trash and a monumental waste of time. Take it from the experts which was a better piece of literature. The Fountainhead was made into a movie in 1949, while for the next 60 years no one wanted to touch Atlas Shrugged.

You're an idiot, which is why you're a leftist.

Dozens of producers begged for the rights to Atlas.

Albert S. Ruddy (Academy Award winner, Godfather I and II) bought the rights. But Rand was so inflexible that he could never actually make the film.

Your fiction works better as fodder for the hate sites, but as is the case with most of what you post, it simply isn't true.

Forum List

Back