Is Elon Musk the 21st Century version of John Galt?

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
For a start, one should read the full and lengthy version of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" to get the fuller context here. :
Atlas Shrugged is a 1957 novel by Ayn Rand. Her fourth and final novel, it was also her longest, and the one she considered to be her magnum opus in the realm of fiction writing.[1] Atlas Shrugged includes elements of science fiction, mystery, and romance, and it contains Rand's most extensive statement of Objectivism in any of her works of fiction. Rand described the theme of Atlas Shrugged as "the role of man's mind in existence". The book explores a number of philosophical themes from which Rand would subsequently develop Objectivism, including reason, individualism, and capitalism, and depicts what Rand saw as the failures of governmental coercion.

The book depicts a dystopian United States in which private businesses suffer under increasingly burdensome laws and regulations. Railroad executive Dagny Taggart and her lover, steel magnate Hank Rearden, struggle against "looters" who want to exploit their productivity. Dagny and Hank discover that a mysterious figure called John Galt is persuading other business leaders to abandon their companies and disappear as a strike of productive individuals against the looters. The novel ends with the strikers planning to build a new capitalist society based on Galt's philosophy.

Atlas Shrugged received largely negative reviews, but achieved enduring popularity and ongoing sales in the following decades. The novel has been cited as an influence on a variety of libertarian and conservative thinkers and politicians. After several unsuccessful attempts to adapt the novel for film or television, a film trilogy based on it was released from 2011 to 2014, and two theatrical adaptations have also been staged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Musk first burst upon my awareness a few years ago, I was inclined to think: "Another Lefty Pseudo-Lib Phony hawking his wares (Electric Charged Vehicles ~ Tesla's) ...

Yet, I've seen as he's parlayed his ("Tesla")profits towards other personal agendas he strikes as a character/personage out of a Robert A. Heinlein novel of the 1940-50's whom is using his person wealth gain to advance a personal goal and agenda of boosting we Humans to the planets and Beyond ... maybe, eventually the Stars!

Net result, where I originally had mixed to adverse "feelings" towards this Guy, Lately with his "Space X" and other adventures I'm finding a new found admiration and support for what he is doing, up to, and trying to advance for Humanity.

With his drive, ambition, goals, resources, and agenda; I'm seeing someone whom has a Vision I can Share and Support; and look forward to seeing achieved. Mr. Elon Musk has shed a light upon a way for Free Enterprise to best Advance the Goals and Future of Humanity than any other Political or Social Organization~Agenda has yet to achieve.

I'm beginning to see the Future is one for Humanity to Grasp and Attain, and we can thank Elon Musk for helping to Blaze that Trail !

Nothing pisses me the fuck off more than some peasant shilling for a billionaire. It's so sad.
I can agree when said "billionaire" is of the sorts like an "Al Gore" sort whom rails against humans and "carbon pollution" while living a 'carbon pollution' intense lifestyle. Then mimicked by his many phony supporters.

Meanwhile you remain one of those many shadow liars whom can't provide any details on whom you really are and seek to hide in the shadows of obscurity. I admire your integrity and bravery ~~~ NOT !!!

You are the refuse at the bottom of an outhouse!

Last edited:
For a start, one should read the full and lengthy version of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" to get the fuller context here. :
Atlas Shrugged is a 1957 novel by Ayn Rand. Her fourth and final novel, it was also her longest, and the one she considered to be her magnum opus in the realm of fiction writing.[1] Atlas Shrugged includes elements of science fiction, mystery, and romance, and it contains Rand's most extensive statement of Objectivism in any of her works of fiction. Rand described the theme of Atlas Shrugged as "the role of man's mind in existence". The book explores a number of philosophical themes from which Rand would subsequently develop Objectivism, including reason, individualism, and capitalism, and depicts what Rand saw as the failures of governmental coercion.

The book depicts a dystopian United States in which private businesses suffer under increasingly burdensome laws and regulations. Railroad executive Dagny Taggart and her lover, steel magnate Hank Rearden, struggle against "looters" who want to exploit their productivity. Dagny and Hank discover that a mysterious figure called John Galt is persuading other business leaders to abandon their companies and disappear as a strike of productive individuals against the looters. The novel ends with the strikers planning to build a new capitalist society based on Galt's philosophy.

Atlas Shrugged received largely negative reviews, but achieved enduring popularity and ongoing sales in the following decades. The novel has been cited as an influence on a variety of libertarian and conservative thinkers and politicians. After several unsuccessful attempts to adapt the novel for film or television, a film trilogy based on it was released from 2011 to 2014, and two theatrical adaptations have also been staged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Musk first burst upon my awareness a few years ago, I was inclined to think: "Another Lefty Pseudo-Lib Phony hawking his wares (Electric Charged Vehicles ~ Tesla's) ...

Yet, I've seen as he's parlayed his ("Tesla")profits towards other personal agendas he strikes as a character/personage out of a Robert A. Heinlein novel of the 1940-50's whom is using his person wealth gain to advance a personal goal and agenda of boosting we Humans to the planets and Beyond ... maybe, eventually the Stars!

Net result, where I originally had mixed to adverse "feelings" towards this Guy, Lately with his "Space X" and other adventures I'm finding a new found admiration and support for what he is doing, up to, and trying to advance for Humanity.

With his drive, ambition, goals, resources, and agenda; I'm seeing someone whom has a Vision I can Share and Support; and look forward to seeing achieved. Mr. Elon Musk has shed a light upon a way for Free Enterprise to best Advance the Goals and Future of Humanity than any other Political or Social Organization~Agenda has yet to achieve.

I'm beginning to see the Future is one for Humanity to Grasp and Attain, and we can thank Elon Musk for helping to Blaze that Trail !

Twitter banned Trump…..now Elon Musk bought them out …..and the board and anti-trump employees are likely gone….

The Trump boomerang is real…..

Musk surprised me when he said that he was told that his using Twitter the way he's using it would lose money. He said he doesn't care. He has plenty of money. This is to preserve freedom of expression.

A bit more on John Galt;
John Galt (/ɡɔːlt/) is a character in Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged (1957). Although he is not identified by name until the last third of the novel, he is the object of its often-repeated question "Who is John Galt?" and of the quest to discover the answer. Also, in the later part it becomes clear that Galt had been present in the book's plot all along, playing several important roles though not identified by name.

As the plot unfolds, Galt is acknowledged to be a philosopher and inventor; he believes in the power and glory of the human mind, and the rights of individuals to use their minds solely for themselves. He serves as a highly individualistic counterpoint to the collectivist social and economic structure depicted in the novel, in which society is based on oppressive bureaucratic functionaries and a culture that embraces mediocrity in the name of egalitarianism, which the novel posits is the end result of collectivist philosophy.

People like this — brilliant, super-successful entrepreneurs — are going to be eccentric and mercurial and they’re to piss EVERYONE off at some point. No doubt.

But he’s a dreamer, at a time when this country desperately needs open, curious minds. Me, I’m glad he’s around.

Nonsense.
Censorship is violence because it leads to authoritarianism, extortion, ignorance, centralization, crony capitalism, etc.
Twitter got NOTHING right.
Trump should have been allowed to expose his flaws on Twitter.
Twitter censorship allowed people will forget things like "covfeffi".

Forum List

Back