Is Elon Musk the 21st Century version of John Galt?

Thanks for reminding me. I deleted my Twitter account after the 2020 election theft but now that Musk owns Twitter, I'm gonna open a new Twitter account.

:banana:
I will open one for the f irst time... not sure when but will do it

except that I still have reservations about privacy... but hey... maybe no one has any of that anymore anyhow...

:(

When Musk first burst upon my awareness a few years ago, I was inclined to think: "Another Lefty Pseudo-Lib Phony hawking his wares (Electric Charged Vehicles ~ Tesla's) ...
I was of the same opinion as you for years, and thought of Elon Musk as a billionaire grifter sucking up government money with his delusional utopian fantasy's.
But now I view him as a venture capitalist visionary and a force to be taken seriously.
Although, I still hate Tesla cars and think they are worse than ICE cars for the environment.

Nothing pisses me the fuck off more than some peasant shilling for a billionaire. It's so sad.
And we should give a fung about you and your feelings because ... ???

FWIW, in context of Forums and Message Boards, "Nothing pisses me the fuck off more than" some parasitic, non-productive, deadwood, leech whom thinks he's better than we "peasants" whom actually work and support his(their) sorry arse!

You appear to shill for plundering the productive to give to the deadwood of society (such as yourself) yet provide no evidence of how "you" are a positive influence upon human society.

At least Musk provides more jobs and opportunities than you do and does so on a scale billions of times beyond what you are worth or provide.

Some helpful context, though admittedly from a Left-leaning and often non-objective and biased source, Wiki;
Elon Reeve Musk FRS (/ˈiːlɒn/; born June 28, 1971) is an entrepreneur, investor and business magnate. He is the founder, CEO and chief engineer at SpaceX; angel investor, CEO and Product Architect of Tesla, Inc.; founder of The Boring Company; and co-founder of Neuralink and OpenAI. With an estimated net worth of around US$252 billion as of April 2022,[3] Musk is the wealthiest person in the world according to both the Bloomberg Billionaires Index and the Forbes real-time billionaires list.[4][5]

Musk was born to a Canadian mother and White South African father, and raised in Pretoria, South Africa. He briefly attended the University of Pretoria before moving to Canada at age 17. He matriculated at Queen's University and transferred to the University of Pennsylvania two years later, where he received a Bachelor's Degree in Economics and Physics. He moved to California in 1995 to attend Stanford University but decided instead to pursue a business career, co-founding the web software company Zip2 with his brother Kimbal. The startup was acquired by Compaq for $307 million in 1999. The same year, Musk co-founded online bank X.com, which merged with Confinity in 2000 to form PayPal. The company was bought by eBay in 2002 for $1.5 billion.

In 2002, Musk founded SpaceX, an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company, of which he is CEO and Chief Engineer. In 2004, he joined electric vehicle manufacturer Tesla Motors, Inc. (now Tesla, Inc.) as chairman and product architect, becoming its CEO in 2008. In 2006, he helped create SolarCity, a solar energy services company that was later acquired by Tesla and became Tesla Energy. In 2015, he co-founded OpenAI, a nonprofit research company that promotes friendly artificial intelligence. In 2016, he co-founded Neuralink, a neurotechnology company focused on developing brain–computer interfaces, and founded The Boring Company, a tunnel construction company. He also agreed to purchase the major American social networking service Twitter in 2022 for $44 billion. Musk has proposed the Hyperloop, a high-speed vactrain transportation system.

Musk has been criticized for making unscientific and controversial statements. In 2018, he was sued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for falsely tweeting that he had secured funding for a private takeover of Tesla. He settled with the SEC but did not admit guilt, temporarily stepping down from his chairmanship and agreeing to limitations on his Twitter usage. In 2019, he won a defamation trial brought against him by a British caver who advised in the Tham Luang cave rescue. Musk has also been criticized for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic and for his other views on such matters as artificial intelligence, cryptocurrency and public transport.

For a start, one should read the full and lengthy version of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" to get the fuller context here. :
Atlas Shrugged is a 1957 novel by Ayn Rand. Her fourth and final novel, it was also her longest, and the one she considered to be her magnum opus in the realm of fiction writing.[1] Atlas Shrugged includes elements of science fiction, mystery, and romance, and it contains Rand's most extensive statement of Objectivism in any of her works of fiction. Rand described the theme of Atlas Shrugged as "the role of man's mind in existence". The book explores a number of philosophical themes from which Rand would subsequently develop Objectivism, including reason, individualism, and capitalism, and depicts what Rand saw as the failures of governmental coercion.

The book depicts a dystopian United States in which private businesses suffer under increasingly burdensome laws and regulations. Railroad executive Dagny Taggart and her lover, steel magnate Hank Rearden, struggle against "looters" who want to exploit their productivity. Dagny and Hank discover that a mysterious figure called John Galt is persuading other business leaders to abandon their companies and disappear as a strike of productive individuals against the looters. The novel ends with the strikers planning to build a new capitalist society based on Galt's philosophy.

Atlas Shrugged received largely negative reviews, but achieved enduring popularity and ongoing sales in the following decades. The novel has been cited as an influence on a variety of libertarian and conservative thinkers and politicians. After several unsuccessful attempts to adapt the novel for film or television, a film trilogy based on it was released from 2011 to 2014, and two theatrical adaptations have also been staged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Musk first burst upon my awareness a few years ago, I was inclined to think: "Another Lefty Pseudo-Lib Phony hawking his wares (Electric Charged Vehicles ~ Tesla's) ...

Yet, I've seen as he's parlayed his ("Tesla")profits towards other personal agendas he strikes as a character/personage out of a Robert A. Heinlein novel of the 1940-50's whom is using his person wealth gain to advance a personal goal and agenda of boosting we Humans to the planets and Beyond ... maybe, eventually the Stars!

Net result, where I originally had mixed to adverse "feelings" towards this Guy, Lately with his "Space X" and other adventures I'm finding a new found admiration and support for what he is doing, up to, and trying to advance for Humanity.

With his drive, ambition, goals, resources, and agenda; I'm seeing someone whom has a Vision I can Share and Support; and look forward to seeing achieved. Mr. Elon Musk has shed a light upon a way for Free Enterprise to best Advance the Goals and Future of Humanity than any other Political or Social Organization~Agenda has yet to achieve.

I'm beginning to see the Future is one for Humanity to Grasp and Attain, and we can thank Elon Musk for helping to Blaze that Trail !
No.

Musk is one of the biggest corporate welfare cases the nation has ever known....He's also very deep into transhumanist AI spook shit....Both things that the mythical John Galt would have avoided at all costs.

Being one of his fanbois is a very bad move.

Nonsense.
Censorship is violence because it leads to authoritarianism, extortion, ignorance, centralization, crony capitalism, etc.
Twitter got NOTHING right.
Trump should have been allowed to expose his flaws on Twitter.
Twitter censorship allowed people will forget things like "covfeffi".
Please convey this to DHS as they set up their "Ministry of Truth" a.k.a. "Disinformation" to begin the censorship and dis-able of the 1st Amendment.

Forum List

Back