Atheists want multiple universes and extra-terrestrial civilizations to exist because they think it will hurt Christianity

I disagree. You say "Belief = religion". OK, but .....

A religious person believes in God (for example). "Belief = religion"
An Atheist believes there is no God. "Belief = religion"
An agnostic doesn't believe in anything. No belief, no religion.

Um, no, belief isn't the same thing of religion. Your analogy fails.

If Atheism is a religion, than Not Collecting Stamps is a hobby, and Off is a TV channel.

You believe in a stupid religion. Get real.

Furthermore, the Bible does not state God created aliens nor Jesus died to save aliens. The hard evidence is none has been found despite SETI, optical SETI, Alien Telescope Array, space explorations and fly bys with probes and powerful telescopes. There are other methods of contact which have been explored, but still nothing.

Which means all of nothing. I never thought SETI was a good idea, because it assumes other civilizations would use radio, even though Radio is on the decline on this planet even as we speak. The Stars give out far more radio energy than our feeble transmitters do, so it would be like trying to pick out one voice in a roaring crowd in a stadium.

Our Space Explorations haven't even taken us out of THIS solar system yet. No one really thought other planets in this solar system have life on them. But billions of stars, billions of planets, some of them probably do have life on them. When you are talking about the cosmic scales of time and space, whole civilizations could have risen and fallen and we'd never know about it.

It also proves God is the creator. More evidence for God than abiogenesis or aliens because we found a book that explains step-by-step how it happened.

Um. Okay, so why is YAHWEH that God and not Krishna or Allah or Amaterasu? Heck, it could have even been Zeus or Odin or Quetzalcoatl.

So. Yahweh creates life on this planet and waits four billion years for people to start worshipping him, and 80% of them worship someone else or no one at all. Man, that has to be disappointing for him.

The problem with you young Earth Creationists is that your God seems kind of small. If God created the world 6000 years ago, then why are there stars where the light is only reaches us now, Hundreds of thousands or even millions of years later? Did he create all those stars just for fun, and then got serious about creating the one planet with life on it that he could torture the inhabitants into worshipping him?

You believe in a stupid religion. Get real.

I believe in no religion.

Now, for those playing along at home, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools for 12 years. And I figured out it was all pretty much bullshit by the time I was 11.

Sr. Mary Butch: "And God sent a flood to drown everyone except Noah and his family!"
Little Joey: "Um, Sister, why did God drown all the babies?"
Sr. Mary Butch: "They were WICKKKKEEEED BABIES.. WIIIIIIICKED!!!!!"

Yup, pretty fucked up shit there... couldn't get away from it fast enough.

Now, for those playing along at home, I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic schools for 12 years. And I figured out it was all pretty much bullshit by the time I was 11.

Sr. Mary Butch: "And God sent a flood to drown everyone except Noah and his family!"

This is interesting because I was also raised a Catholic and went to Catholic school for 3 years.

Sister Angelina: "To remain a true Catholic you must believe in the Trinity."

Glasnostim: "The Trinity?"

Sister Angelina: "That God is the Lord God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost"

Glasnostim: "You mean there are three Gods?"

Sister Angelina: "No, they are all the same God."

Glasnostim: "Huh?"

Sister Angelina: "And also that Maria was a Virgin".

Glasnostim: "But wasn't she married to Josef?"

Sister Angelina: "Yeah, but she never had sex with him."

Glasnostim: "So she got pregnant with another man?"

Sister Angelina: "No, she was just inseminated like whooosh”.

Glasnost: "Huh?"

Sister Angelina: "And also that Jesus died for your sins."

Glasnostim: "But I wasn’t even born then to have committed any sins."

Sister Angelina: "And also that eating meat on a Friday is a mortal sin and you will go to hell for it if you do not confess it before you die."

Glasnostim: "But I heard that it is not a sin."

Sister Angelina: "Oh yeah I forgot, it’s not a mortal sin any more."

Glasnostim: "So God came down to earth and changed it?"

Sister Angelina: "Catechism is finished for today!"

*** I ended up renouncing the Catholic Church of Superstitions when I became an adult.

Last edited:

Atheists are SMUGLY CERTAIN of their belief that THERE IS NO GOD.
The Supreme Court has adjudicated that atheism is a religion. Its proslytes preach it relentlessly, militantly, hatefully, destructively.

I can't keep up with all the atheist nonsense, but one of them said this:

"Um, no, belief isn't the same thing of religion. Your analogy fails.

If Atheism is a religion, than (sic) Not Collecting Stamps is a hobby, and Off is a TV channel."

Ignorance begets more ignorance, parading around as intellectual sophistication. It is anything but.

"Um, no, belief isn't the same thing of religion. Your analogy fails.

Belief isn't religion ... I believe with a whole heart that alpha helices and beta sheets exist ... I have absolutely no idea how, when or why ... therefore I believe these things exist strictly on faith ... but that's not religion, someone in the world DOES understand all this ... and in fact with four years of college classes, I too could understand this ... it's not dogma, it's science ...

Religion relies on dogma ... we must believe and have faith in things that are inexplicable ... mana from heaven ... walking snakes ... Waterworld ... there's nothing anyone can do to learn and explain how all these things happened ... that's the difference ...

If Atheism is a religion, than (sic) Not Collecting Stamps is a hobby, and Off is a TV channel."

I haven't been collecting stamps for over ten years ... as a hobby ... what the hell are you talking about? ...

You CLAIM not to be an atheist but ...
So by saying that I "CLAIM" (in cap letters) 'not to be an atheist' is it then your insinuation that I might be lying? I don't know about you but I have neither shame nor reason to lie about anything I believe. Your brain isn't hooked up properly if you assume such silly things about "claiming" what one believes.

And what?

What exactly ARE you if not an atheist? Please give all the evidence for your belief, whatever it is.
You want "all the evidence for my belief"? What sort of evidence are you looking for to demonstrate that I am an Agnostic? You are not a healthy person.

Not usually. Most atheists just lack faith. You tend not to hear from them - because they have no particular axe to grind - but atheism isn't a denial of the possibility of gods. It's just a lack of conviction that they are there.

Religion = belief. Belief = acceptance. Acceptance = evolution. Evolution = acceptance. Acceptance = belief. Belief = religion.

There are no atheists as you can see EVERYONE has a religion ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. I believe it was Dr. Stephen Hawking that said "Sometimes one has to use reverse engineering to verify the answer".

Sigh.

Per Google:
atheist - "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."
agnostic - "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God."

Per logic:
An agnostic is simply an atheist lacking the balls to admit they're an atheist.

An Agnostic is open to the possibility of Gods existence.

Religion = belief. Belief = acceptance. Acceptance = evolution. Evolution = acceptance. Acceptance = belief. Belief = religion.

There are no atheists as you can see EVERYONE has a religion ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. I believe it was Dr. Stephen Hawking that said "Sometimes one has to use reverse engineering to verify the answer".

Sigh.

Per Google:
atheist - "a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods."
agnostic - "a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God."

Per logic:
An agnostic is simply an atheist lacking the balls to admit they're an atheist.

An Agnostic is open to the possibility of Gods existence.

Exactly.

Which means all of nothing. I never thought SETI was a good idea, because it assumes other civilizations would use radio, even though Radio is on the decline on this planet even as we speak. The Stars give out far more radio energy than our feeble transmitters do, so it would be like trying to pick out one voice in a roaring crowd in a stadium.

Our Space Explorations haven't even taken us out of THIS solar system yet. No one really thought other planets in this solar system have life on them. But billions of stars, billions of planets, some of them probably do have life on them. When you are talking about the cosmic scales of time and space, whole civilizations could have risen and fallen and we'd never know about it.

It means we find from science that there are no aliens. We would've discovered or have been contacted from intelligent aliens one way or another by now. The vastness of space is no reason from what we know. As for SETI, it wasn't that way when it was set up. You are using design of the future in communications to the past. It isn't what the past would've told you at that time necessarily. I'm not defending SETI, but it's not what is being supported by USG anymore. If all they have are radio telescopes, then it's a waste of your money to fund them so I agree.

Today, we still complain about not having enough speed to communicate within our solar system. Look at the Mars Rover communications and how they were designed -- Communications. They're going to fly on Mars in 2021 and the commands to the copter will be from the Perserverance, not from control. Regardless, if some aliens were more advanced then they would've sent something to let us know or they would've picked up our transmissions within the solar system we use now.

Um. Okay, so why is YAHWEH that God and not Krishna or Allah or Amaterasu? Heck, it could have even been Zeus or Odin or Quetzalcoatl.

The universe, Earth, and everything in it show that it was God based on science. We needed to have the EMS in order to have the energy to power the universe. We also needed a being that was all powerful, timeless, and spaceless. I used to think and say God lives in the fourth dimension, but now I realize he is beyond the dimensions, too How many dimensions do we have? I dunno.

As for the Greek and Roman gods, we found in the Bible that the apostles dissuaded them. It's why we know they are myths today.

You grew up with Catholicism and it veered away from the original Christianity Jesus and the apostles taught. I grew up with Catholicism, too, and figured out it wasn't true but that wasn't until I discovered the original Christianity in 2012. Catholicism had added much different things to it. I figured it was designed by the other religious figure. One of the problems is if you try to figure out these things yourself is that what you hear is from radio waves. He is the prince of the power of the air so can easily dissuade you away from Jesus and true Christianity. I found true Christianity from participating and discussion with others. Sure, I have my own thoughts on it, but it's mostly from what the religion teaches.

So by saying that I "CLAIM" (in cap letters) 'not to be an atheist' is it then your insinuation that I might be lying? I don't know about you but I have neither shame nor reason to lie about anything I believe. Your brain isn't hooked up properly if you assume such silly things about "claiming" what one believes.

You put your words in my mouth. I did not say you "might be lying." YOU said that.
But I don't see a dime's difference between smug atheists and smug agnostics except that the agnostics may be more smug and more condescending because they/you can always fall back on their/your lack of certainty.

You want "all the evidence for my belief"? What sort of evidence are you looking for to demonstrate that I am an Agnostic? You are not a healthy person.

I asked for all your evidence. You provided zero. Then you proceeded to judge my health on the basis of your failure to answer a simple question.

You waste time and say nothing. Welcome to my Ignore List. "Go from the presence of a foolish man." - The Holy Bible

ciao brutto

It means we find from science that there are no aliens. We would've discovered or have been contacted from intelligent aliens one way or another by now.

Why would we have? We lack the ability to travel to their planets to find out if they are there or not.

1607281943438.png

The vastness of space is no reason from what we know. As for SETI, it wasn't that way when it was set up. You are using design of the future in communications to the past. It isn't what the past would've told you at that time necessarily. I'm not defending SETI, but it's not what is being supported by USG anymore. If all they have are radio telescopes, then it's a waste of your money to fund them so I agree.

Actually, Radio Telescopes are very useful for other things, such as measure the energy output of stars.

Now, here's the gag. We've only known that there was radio energy in space since 1932. SETI only started operations since the 1980's... So we really haven't been looking long enough to find out one way or the other.

As for the Greek and Roman gods, we found in the Bible that the apostles dissuaded them. It's why we know they are myths today.

Okay, so why do the majority of the people in the world worship Gods other than Yahweh? If he was the only game in town, he would be the only God people in the world worship.

I mean, if I was going to pray to an Imaginary Fairy in the Sky, I'd totally worship Amaterasu, because she's a hot Japanese Babe. And she's not a huge, sexually hung up dick like Yahweh is.

1607282268052.png

You grew up with Catholicism and it veered away from the original Christianity Jesus and the apostles taught. I grew up with Catholicism, too, and figured out it wasn't true but that wasn't until I discovered the original Christianity in 2012.

Okay, buddy, this is where you are a little confused. Catholicism was the original Christianity. All the Protestant movements that followed were just their own ideas, usually over their own little hangups. If Henry VIII wasn't trying to dump his first wife, we'd have no Protestantism today.

1607282380579.png

Chick Magnet - 1538!!!!

Catholicism had added much different things to it. I figured it was designed by the other religious figure.

Actually, Catholicism, for all it's fault, was no more or less guilty than any other religion, trying to adapt bronze age superstitions to a modern day. You can tell Catholicism is a Product of the Dark Ages, you can tell that Mormonism is a product of the 19th century. All religions are period pieces.

One of the problems is if you try to figure out these things yourself is that what you hear is from radio waves. He is the prince of the power of the air so can easily dissuade you away from Jesus and true Christianity. I found true Christianity from participating and discussion with others. Sure, I have my own thoughts on it, but it's mostly from what the religion teaches.

Sigh. The Devil Made me Do It.

1607282557215.png

Okay, guy, going back to my original story, about how Sister Mary Butch thought it was okay that God drowned every baby in the world and it was okay... I've talked to a lot of Christians from all different stripes, and not a one of them has come up with an answer of how God could drown babies and still be considered "Good" that hasn't come off as retarded. yet the old testament is filled with God killing babies... or ordering babies to be killed.

Frankly, your view of the Devil being the "Prince of the Air" or "The Prince of this World" is really not a Christian idea at all. It has more to do with Gnosticism and had it's ultimate incarnation in Catharism (The Albigensian Heresy). When the Crusaders asked the Popes envoy how to tell a good Christian from a Cathar, his response was "Kill them all, for God will know his own!" (Or, "Kill them all and let God sort them out.")

Forum List

Back