Moon Program

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
If Biden is the President, does he scale back the Nasa Moon Program called Artemis? They may still build the Lunar Gateway but just use it as a space station for some research but not land on the moon. The SLS rocket is a sieve and would save money if cancelled after a few launches.

If Biden is the President, does he scale back the Nasa Moon Program called Artemis? They may still build the Lunar Gateway but just use it as a space station for some research but not land on the moon. The SLS rocket is a sieve and would save money if cancelled after a few launches.

I support NASAs return to the moon program but the Lunar Gateway is a waste of time.

I support NASAs return to the moon program but the Lunar Gateway is a waste of time.
I believe there were older people in NASA that voiced the same opinion. It is money also. They preferred a direct approach to the Moon and build a base there. That would be harder work for the astronauts to do instead of just visiting the Moon for short periods of time for at least a few years from the Gateway.

After almost 50 years, I would like to see us return to the moon. The men who walked on the moon are slowly dying off. I like knowing there are men on earth who have walked on the moon.

But beyond the moon, I think we are better off with unmanned probes. R2D2 makes more sense than Buck Rogers

Preliminary reports have Biden if sworn in as President will delay the Moon Program and give us more fake satellites for global climate change. The swamp lives and is pulsating.

Preliminary reports have Biden if sworn in as President will delay the Moon Program and give us more fake satellites for global climate change. The swamp lives and is pulsating.
Why not do both?

Why not do both?
Because NASA only gets a certain amount of resources. Two billion dollar differences is a lot of money to that agency. When we go to the moon again, doing the landing and leaving will not suffice. So we will have to have a more permanent presence. With the addition of women the costs go up a lot more.

Because NASA only gets a certain amount of resources. Two billion dollar differences is a lot of money to that agency. When we go to the moon again, doing the landing and leaving will not suffice. So we will have to have a more permanent presence. With the addition of women the costs go up a lot more.

I think rightwing is on the right track ... what can a human do on the Moon that a robot can't? ... there's absolutely nothing on the Moon that we don't have here on Earth in greater abundance ... and here on Earth, we can just breath the air that's all about ... something robots don't need ...

It was fun going to the Moon ... but it's not made of cheese ... we have no reason to go back ... if you believe that fake NASA footage ...

I think rightwing is on the right track ... what can a human do on the Moon that a robot can't? ... there's absolutely nothing on the Moon that we don't have here on Earth in greater abundance ... and here on Earth, we can just breath the air that's all about ... something robots don't need ...

It was fun going to the Moon ... but it's not made of cheese ... we have no reason to go back ... if you believe that fake NASA footage ...
It seems we neglected the moon a bit on the Robots(unmanned probes) as we concentrated on Mars. The costs can be more reasonable if the government gets out of the rocket business and lets private businesses get into the action.

It seems we neglected the moon a bit on the Robots(unmanned probes) as we concentrated on Mars. The costs can be more reasonable if the government gets out of the rocket business and lets private businesses get into the action.
They already have allowed private business to get in the game

They already have allowed private business to get in the game
The Orion Capsule and Space Launch System are government controlled entities. And expensive. The private side has to get into it out of necessity.

Forum List

Back