Atheists are hoping aliens from outer space will contact us...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...and tell us there's no God.

That is why scientists like Carl Sagan so eagerly tell us there MUST be life on other planets, but it's a wish, there is no science to back up his claims.

So far, after decades of listening with radio telescopes, the skies have been totally silent.

Either aliens don't exist at all anywhere in the universe, or they are so far away their transmissions will never reach us.

And in either case, we will never have aliens visit us.

We are probably alone.

If you must know it is another way that the authorities can put a lien (alien) on us that way they can collect money off us like global warming, religion, taxes etc...It is just a form of control and as the old ways of control fail they must come up with others like threatening us with aliens and we need to keep them in charge so that they can ( Save) us from them

The alien thing is a religious issue for the atheists. They think if we are contacted by aliens, the entire Christian religion will have a faith crisis and collapse in ruin. This is the reason atheists run around insisting that aliens are real, when they have absolutely no proof to back up these claims.

Governments or people in authority need to create an outside boogie man in order to rule ..If they don't have a legit outside threat they create one to scare Johnny public...

We may or may not be alone but even if we are not, it doesn't mean there is no God. God is a creator, so why would he feel restricted to just one tiny planet in our galaxy? He could have all kinds of other worlds with different kinds of life/creatures/people.

We may or may not be alone but even if we are not, it doesn't mean there is no God. God is a creator, so why would he feel restricted to just one tiny planet in our galaxy? He could have all kinds of other worlds with different kinds of life/creatures/people.
But it might cause a crisis in Christianity, especially Catholicism.

Catholicism is a very humanocentric religion. We believe that God sent his only Son to be Man, and it is through the Son of God's death, as a man, that we are saved.

We consume the Body and Blood of Christ during the Mass, and the reason that works is because we share humanity with Christ.

The introduction of an alien life form that was intelligent but not human might throw the entire equation out of whack for Catholics.

The chances for Aliens are probably 1,000,000 times more likely compared to your chances of some mythical man coming out of the clouds.

This is a fact.

Hell, there's probably a better chance of westwall flying drunk over your house tonight then that too. hahaha

My point is there's 300-500 billion galaxies in the universe and 300-500 billion stars within our own...Every star probably has on avg one planet and probably more and 1 out of every 3 or 4 probably has a habitable zone rocky planet. Think about it.

The chances for Aliens are probably 1,000,000 times more likely compared to your chances of some mythical man coming out of the clouds.

This is a fact.

Hell, there's probably a better chance of westwall flying drunk over your house tonight then that too. hahaha

My point is there's 300-500 billion galaxies in the universe and 300-500 billion stars within our own...Every star probably has on avg one planet and probably more and 1 out of every 3 or 4 probably has a habitable zone rocky planet. Think about it.
I can think about it, but I'm not overly impressed with large numbers.

What does impress me is that in this very large universe, not one alien civilization, NOT ONE, has contacted our planet or left any evidence here that they ever came to visit.

What that tells me is that the most probable conclusion is that there are NO alien civilizations out there, because if there were only one in a trillion chance of there being an alien civilization around a star, we would have gobs of visitors by now.

That is why scientists like Carl Sagan so eagerly tell us there MUST be life on other planets, but it's a wish, there is no science to back up his claims.

So far, after decades of listening with radio telescopes, the skies have been totally silent.

Either aliens don't exist at all anywhere in the universe, or they are so far away their transmissions will never reach us.

We are probably alone.

I've always wondered what would happen if we made contact with a distant civilization and they had virtually the same beliefs in God? Would that silence Atheists? Probably not.

Catholicism is a very humanocentric religion. We believe that God sent his only Son to be Man, and it is through the Son of God's death, as a man, that we are saved.

We consume the Body and Blood of Christ during the Mass, and the reason that works is because we share humanity with Christ.

The introduction of an alien life form that was intelligent but not human might throw the entire equation out of whack for Catholics.
I guess it could have an effect on specific religious beliefs but the fact that they exist would prompt the obvious question of how they got there. I would think most people of faith would conclude that God created them too.

This is a fact.

I can think about it, but I'm not overly impressed with large numbers.

What does impress me is that in this very large universe, not one alien civilization, NOT ONE, has contacted our planet or left any evidence here that they ever came to visit.

What that tells me is that the most probable conclusion is that there are NO alien civilizations out there, because if there were only one in a trillion chance of there being an alien civilization around a star, we would have gobs of visitors by now.
Maybe God doesn't want us contacting each other so he put us far enough apart that we can't.

I guess it could have an effect on specific religious beliefs but the fact that they exist would prompt the obvious question of how they got there. I would think most people of faith would conclude that God created them too.
Right, they were created by God, but the salvation event is unique to humans, because the Son of God became human and died a human death to save humans from our sins. Any alien being could not be an inheritor of that salvation, so the Christian religion would not be relevant to them.

Right, they were created by God, but the salvation event is unique to humans, because the Son of God became human and died a human death to save humans from our sins. Any alien being could not be an inheritor of that salvation, so the Christian religion would not be relevant to them.
I agree with that, but we might be the only civilization he created that was in need of salvation.

I agree with that, but we might be the only civilization he created that was in need of salvation.
Out of the Silent Planet, by C.S. Lewis, postulated that situation. Mars and Venus also had intelligent life, but only Earth had a race that had fallen to sin. So Earth was the "Silent Planet" because our sin has somehow made our planet silent to the others.

I don't really agree with this because of the vast space between stars. It's not physically possible to travel faster than speed of light and even at such an incredible rate it would take many years to reach the nearest star. Think about the technology required to travel that long in space?

We're all familiar with the term "life as we know it" ....so much so, we kind of take it for granted. When you stop to consider all the thousands and millions of circumstances inherent in "life as we know it" you have to presume that such life would be incredibly rare if it exists at all. For instance, if some cataclysm hadn't wiped out the dinosaurs, mammals such as humans would've never evolved. Without a moon, seasons and tides, millions of life forms wouldn't exist. All kinds of deadly cosmic rays are averted because we have a molten iron and nickle core which enables an electromagnetic "force field" around our planet, protecting the life on it. Then, there is the abundance of water in liquid form.

If life does exist elsewhere, it is probably nothing like life as we know it. That said, it's inherently impossible for us to imagine something we don't know. Our imaginations are prejudiced by objective reality. Oh, we can conjure up some really cool science fiction, but we have no means of ever confirming our speculations. Anything we dream up is a product of our own rationale and life elsewhere doesn't need to conform to any human rationalization. Life could exist in a state we don't even understand how to comprehend.

Why would the visit of aliens negate a belief in G-d? Such visiting aliens would undoubtedly be Jewish.

cropcirclemenora.gif

This is a fact.

And all of that created itself. Amazing!

We are probably alone.
Hmm religious people believe in God but not aliens, right? Because if so that in itself is a contradiction of terms. If there is a God and he created Earth and the heavens as it was written, wouldn't that mean that since he was not originally from Earth nor ever resided on the planet that by definition he himself is an alien?

We are probably alone.
Hmm religious people believe in God but not aliens, right? Because if so that in itself is a contradiction of terms. If there is a God and he created Earth and the heavens as it was written, wouldn't that mean that since he was not originally from Earth nor ever resided on the planet that by definition he himself is an alien?

God is the creator of the universe and he is everywhere, aka, omnipresent.

Actually, people with common sense should hope that aliens will arrive, and provide an intervention.

Because the paths that OT religions are leading us to, are not looking very promising...

Forum List

Back