atheist and christmas

Would an atheist celebrating Christmas really dilute the meaning of Christmas for anyone? I mean would that atheist celebration be more harmful than "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"?

Are we going to have to purify the true meaning of Christmas the way teabaggers are trying to purify the Republican party?

Christmas is a national holiday and as such, should be celebrated by the nation. Atheist, Jews, anybody has a right to have a Christmas tree and exchange gifts.....

If Charlie Brown is your comparison ... I recommend you learn how to read better.

i pay no attention to your putting me down the germans thought they rid the world god the atheis will have the same fall. charlie brown was just to enlighten the rage come from your side.

Atheists believe Christmas is Santas birthday
Christians believe Christmas is Jesus's birthday

Who is closer to the truth?

Was Jesus the only one that was born on Dec. 25th of a Virgin?? Nope.. He wasn't.. In fact christians stole the entire story of Christ from Egypt..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH66MsrmE50[/ame]

Just like many of the other stories in the bible, all ripped off from other religious texts and stories..

As for Christmas?? It is a cool holiday and an excuse for us to all go shopping.. But it has no religious significance.. It is just a day of giving and a day to spend with family...

Come on christians.. At least come up with something original for your god.. Did you have to rip off from Egypt?

The falcon-headed Horus was originally the sky god, whose eyes were the sun and moon. He was later assimilated into the popular myth of Isis and Osiris as the divine couple's child. Raised by Isis and Hathor after Osiris' murder by his brother Seth, Horus avenged his father's death in a great battle at Edfu. Seth was exiled and Horus took the throne, Osiris reigning through him from the underworld. Thus all pharoahs claimed to be the incarnation of Horus, the "living king."

Sounds to me he had a father and a mother, the story you speak of came about after jesus death. All copied from old and new testament.

Last edited:
Christmas was not a religious holiday at the birth of the American republic. Easter was more of a religious holiday then Christmas. The reason we spend so much time with four weeks talking about December 25, as we give presents to each other. Really, what is more important to a Christian, the birth of Jesus or the actions of Jesus during Easter? Was told that the death of Jesus saved my soul not the birth of Jesus that saved my soul, so why is Christmas more important now then Easter – yes the presents that we have to purchase.

The falcon-headed Horus was originally the sky god, whose eyes were the sun and moon. He was later assimilated into the popular myth of Isis and Osiris as the divine couple's child. Raised by Isis and Hathor after Osiris' murder by his brother Seth, Horus avenged his father's death in a great battle at Edfu. Seth was exiled and Horus took the throne, Osiris reigning through him from the underworld. Thus all pharoahs claimed to be the incarnation of Horus, the "living king."

Sounds to me he had a father and a mother, the story you speak of came about after jesus death. All copied from old and new testament.

:eusa_eh: Does the concept of time elude you completely? The Egyptian myths are older than the christian biblical ones, by at least a thousand years.

Wow.

Just wow.

The falcon-headed Horus was originally the sky god, whose eyes were the sun and moon. He was later assimilated into the popular myth of Isis and Osiris as the divine couple's child. Raised by Isis and Hathor after Osiris' murder by his brother Seth, Horus avenged his father's death in a great battle at Edfu. Seth was exiled and Horus took the throne, Osiris reigning through him from the underworld. Thus all pharaohs claimed to be the incarnation of Horus, the "living king."

:eusa_eh: Does the concept of time elude you completely? The Egyptian myths are older than the christian biblical ones, by at least a thousand years.
well in the early 300bc horus had a mother and father not conceived of a virgin mother. so which myth do you believe

Last edited:

Ummm.. No.. The story of Horus is about 1000 years before Christ.. Try not to get your info from the bible..

Christ had a mother and a father too.. But that book isn't in the bible.. The Gospel of Mary.. You will find that in the Koran..

Was Jesus the only one that was born on Dec. 25th of a Virgin?? Nope.. He wasn't.. In fact christians stole the entire story of Christ from Egypt..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH66MsrmE50

Just like many of the other stories in the bible, all ripped off from other religious texts and stories..

As for Christmas?? It is a cool holiday and an excuse for us to all go shopping.. But it has no religious significance.. It is just a day of giving and a day to spend with family...

Come on christians.. At least come up with something original for your god.. Did you have to rip off from Egypt?

The thing is that most Christians think that there were no real cultures before Christianity. Much as people beleive the CONCEPT of Democracy and freedom BEGAN with our country.

Get it straight people there have been MANY cultures and countries that lasted FAR longer than ours. There are some of the most incredible works of architcture that have stood for THOUSANDS of years. So in the grand scheme pf things we are an INFANT culture and we already show signs of a failing Democratic Republic.

Not if you believe that Adam was taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and taught His children and they slowly or quickly drifted away and changed the myths.

Just because they might be older than the Bible doesnt mean that they werent originall derived from preflood Christian teaching.

Its just a matter of perspective. thats all im saying.

Would an atheist celebrating Christmas really dilute the meaning of Christmas for anyone? I mean would that atheist celebration be more harmful than "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol"?

Are we going to have to purify the true meaning of Christmas the way teabaggers are trying to purify the Republican party?

Christmas is a national holiday and as such, should be celebrated by the nation. Atheist, Jews, anybody has a right to have a Christmas tree and exchange gifts.....

Though I am an Atheist I still observe the Holiday because it is a time for family to gather and share in the love they have for one another. I also see NO harm in clerks who say Merry Christmas nor do I see a problem with holiday decorations as long as they are NOT placed on GOVERNMENT property (that's where I draw the line). I share in a prayer every Sunday at the in-laws out of respect for their home and their beleifs and it does me NO harm at all.

Personally, I dont mind if non-Christians celebrate Christmas. Why on earth would I be offended if non-Christians acknowledge the birth of Christ? He is their Savior too, even if they dont realize it yet. I dont see how anything is hurt if they do celebrate Christmas.

Forum List

Back