AT&T To Lay Off More Workers. The Tax Breaks Are Working As Planned. For Them

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Remember those luxurious tax cuts the Republican Party gifted the tippy-top Americans and corporations? The one that has helped to blow out our deficit while allowing top companies to basically pay nothing in taxes? Of course you do! I mean, you are probably swimming in job opportunities and wage increases as we speak! That was the promise from the GOP and their wealthy overlords, overlords such as telecommunications giant AT&T. AT&T has reportedly been able to save $42 billion because of the GOP tax break, but has also been making big cuts and layoffs since 2018. It has also been slowing down spending on infrastructure during that time.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/1924295

w
inning

Its rough out there. Corporations do what is necessary to succeed.
Tell us again why AOC and her deadbeats rejected Amazon's HQ2 in NYC?

Remember those luxurious tax cuts the Republican Party gifted the tippy-top Americans and corporations? The one that has helped to blow out our deficit while allowing top companies to basically pay nothing in taxes? Of course you do! I mean, you are probably swimming in job opportunities and wage increases as we speak! That was the promise from the GOP and their wealthy overlords, overlords such as telecommunications giant AT&T. AT&T has reportedly been able to save $42 billion because of the GOP tax break, but has also been making big cuts and layoffs since 2018. It has also been slowing down spending on infrastructure during that time.

AT&T to lay off more workers and cut costs by tens of billions—those tax breaks are working!

w
inning
Tell us something you know for a fact that you have seen yourself firsthand that wasn't fed to you by the lying media.

The big companies spent their tax cuts on on stock buybacks and dividend payouts knowing they would never face criticism from a single republican. It's an indication even they do not believe in trickle down when they don't care to make their policies work.

The big companies spent their tax cuts on on stock buybacks and dividend payouts knowing they would never face criticism from a single republican. It's an indication even they do not believe in trickle down when they don't care to make their policies work.
Too bad you can't prove that, or anything else you claim, but hey, it was raining here yesterday.

Too bad you can't prove that, or anything else you claim, but hey, it was raining here yesterday.
I guess you don't watch the financial news. Oh well.

AT&T to lay off more workers and cut costs by tens of billions—those tax breaks are working!

w
inning
Trickle down layoffs

I do remember those tax cuts because they helped my family tremendously.
Thanks for reminding me why I should support the GOP & Trump.

w
inning
Tell us something you know for a fact that you have seen yourself firsthand that wasn't fed to you by the lying media.
AT&T to lay off unspecified number of workers

"The cuts are expected roughly one year after AT&T earned a $19 billion quarterly profit in the wake of the Trump administration’s corporate tax reform. "

w
inning

Gee, couldn't have anything to do with Verizon and T-Mobile providing better service could it?
  1. Verizon: 70% 4G coverage
  2. T-Mobile: 59% 4G coverage
  3. AT&T: 58% 4G coverage
  4. Sprint: 27% 4G coverage
Third Place: AT&T (84/100)
AT&T's network and its customer support are both solid, though not nearly as noteworthy as what Verizon and T-Mobile have to offer. While the carrier now features unlimited data plans, those don't measure up to its rivals. (Prepaid customers will like the data amounts and prices they can get from AT&T, though.) That said, AT&T does a lot of things well to land squarely in third place.

Best Cell Phone Coverage 2020: The Best Coverage & Best Price
Best Phone Carrier 2020 - Wireless Companies Reviewed, Compared | Tom's Guide

With that said, Verizon has a TON of job openings. The Market at work:
Job Vacancies at Verizon: Open Positions | About Verizon

w
inning

"The cuts are expected roughly one year after AT&T earned a $19 billion quarterly profit in the wake of the Trump administration’s corporate tax reform. "
I knew you wouldn't do it.

I guess you don't watch the financial news. Oh well.
Why would I? They're all liars like you.

w
inning

Are you calling Fox Business Fake News?

Amazon went ahead with their plans despite not screwing over the taxpayers for half a billion dollars.

w
inning

Are you calling Fox Business Fake News?
Listen vermin, I asked you to post something you knew for a fact, that you have seen firsthand, and you refused because you can't. You're another cut and pasted media fed hater. Now we all know what you'll post next...

Amazon went ahead with their plans despite not screwing over the taxpayers for half a billion dollars.

Nope. Amazon moved the NYC HQ2 to VA. Where the people want to work.
Amazon Goes To Virginia: How Long-Term Thinking Won The HQ2 Prize

Amazon Grows in New York, Reviving Debate Over Abandoned Queens Project

Forum List

Back