At my age of 80 I may not see 2030... But many of the rest of you ... where will you get the following???

See post 90 for the facts. I see no need to post them again 5 post later just because you are too fucking stupid to read the thread you are replying to
And you are just to f...king stupid! People don't read all the comments! Generally, I read those comments that I've put up! But since you hardly put any FACTS when you make a dumb ass comment... why should people believe YOU? I've hardly ever seen an original Gator comment with links!
That's because you are at the minimum just lazy or probably more likely uninformed as to how to use Google! YOU guess is my assumption as you don't substantiate! Scholars look for substantiation for statements! Dummies make guesses!

And you are just to f...king stupid! People don't read all the comments! Generally, I read those comments that I've put up! But since you hardly put any FACTS when you make a dumb ass comment... why should people believe YOU? I've hardly ever seen an original Gator comment with links!
That's because you are at the minimum just lazy or probably more likely uninformed as to how to use Google! YOU guess is my assumption as you don't substantiate! Scholars look for substantiation for statements! Dummies make guesses!

Damn, that is a lot of word just to avoid responding to the facts I posted.

Total bullshit as no FACTS no links....just your wild ass guesses! PROVE IT!
But again... Surada... the issue is : Did the USA produce MORE energy than was consumed? That's the definition... MORE energy produced than used!
Nope. And, in 2020 over 200 US producers declared bankruptcy.

In 1953 ARAMCO broke thru 1 million bpd.

Remember the Marshall Plan? That was fueled by cheap oil from Ghawar.

The US has the highest lift costs in the world...and no economies of scale. Most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. The US simply couldn't compete.

Talk to an old oil man.

The US has the highest lift costs in the world...and no economies of scale. Most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. The US simply couldn't compete.

Talk to an old oil man.
Again simple statement that "Experts", not guessers like you .
FACT: Again and again!
The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 and 2021.
Source: U.S. energy facts - imports and exports - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
Don't you comprehend this? It's not that difficult. The USA EXPORTED (meaning sent to others) for the first time since 1952.
I'm trying to make it simpler... The USA produced
Total U.S. energy production increased by 5.7 percent in 2019 while U.S. energy demand decreased by 0.9 percent.
The United States produced 101.0 quadrillion British thermal units (quads) of energy and consumed 100.2 quads last year (2019).
Fossil fuels accounted for 80 percent of both energy consumption and production in 2019.
Source: The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957
So again NOT me an 80 year old that simply uses the Internet to get FACTS... but the FACT generators!

Surprised you don't know who the EIA is!
The U.S. Energy Information Administration(EIA) is a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System responsible for collecting, analyzing, and disseminating energy to promote sound policymaking, efficient markets, and public understanding of energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment.
AGAIN EIA said: The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952
not me! Do you now understand? And the FACT is who was the President from 2017 to 2020 when it first happened? FACTs not guesses!

The United States became a net total energy exporter in 2019 for the first time since 1952 and maintained that position in 2020 and 2021.

Do you comprehend the definition ???

FACT!!! The United States Was Energy Independent in 2019 for the First Time Since 1957
Appease Porridge Cold

We never should have become at all dependent on the Arab jihadists. Our peak economy in 1957 was during the Eisenhower Administration, a year after Ike betrayed England, France, and Israel during the Suez War. He switched sides in order to appease the Egyptians, thinking that they would switch sides, too, and reject the Soviet Union. They didn't, of course.

But his Administration and even subsequent Democrat ones continued to appease the OPEC jihad, which left us wide open to the 1973 price-gouging Embargo. President Nixon reacted to that act of war by playing nice with the terrorist race "so they wouldn't turn to the Communists."

Despite the media's shallow interpretations, that and the subsequent energy-deficient recession led to the real reason Nixon was abandoned by the American people and became easy prey for the Impeachment coup. Our dependence on foreigners' oil has been the main cause of changing, since the 1950s Great America, from the world's greatest creditor nation to the world's worst debtor.

Talk to an old oil man.
Jocks on the Rocks

Not rationally and realistically developing our most potentially valuable human resources led to inefficiently developing our natural resources. We do have an effective plan for developing superior athletes, though.

Appease Porridge Cold

We never should have become at all dependent on the Arab jihadists. Our peak economy in 1957 was during the Eisenhower Administration, a year after Ike betrayed England, France, and Israel during the Suez War. He switched sides in order to appease the Egyptians, thinking that they would switch sides, too, and reject the Soviet Union. They didn't, of course.

But his Administration and even subsequent Democrat ones continued to appease the OPEC jihad, which left us wide open to the 1973 price-gouging Embargo. President Nixon reacted to that act of war by playing nice with the terrorist race "so they wouldn't turn to the Communists."

Despite the media's shallow interpretations, that and the subsequent energy-deficient recession led to the real reason Nixon was abandoned by the American people and became easy prey for the Impeachment coup. Our dependence on foreigners' oil has been the main cause of changing, since the 1950s Great America, from the world's greatest creditor nation to the world's worst debtor.
This was the point...
Source: U.S. energy facts - imports and exports - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

And we're exporting more now than we're importing...

View attachment 803173
Federal Oil leases signed
Now my question for you... How long does it take for an oil well to become productive, i.e. when did the USA start exporting more oil then importing?
According to the Government Accountability Office, on average, it takes more than four years for companies to begin producing on the federal lands they lease..
On average 4 years! Hmm take a look at the lease signings under Obama... yup declined 7 of 8 years!
Look at Trump..Increased 3 of 4 years (2020 Covid intrusion)!
Now look at Biden 2 years declining.
And remember Biden guaranteed this!!! Regardless of how long it takes...2050? Etc.
In the meantime Biden also has done everything he can to make that guarantee... as a result?
Gas prices June 2022 -- $5.032/gallon.. versus June 2017... $2.46 nearly 104% higher.

"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

Pres.signoilleases071023.png

Federal Oil leases signed
Now my question for you... How long does it take for an oil well to become productive, i.e. when did the USA start exporting more oil then importing?
According to the Government Accountability Office, on average, it takes more than four years for companies to begin producing on the federal lands they lease..
On average 4 years! Hmm take a look at the lease signings under Obama... yup declined 7 of 8 years!
Look at Trump..Increased 3 of 4 years (2020 Covid intrusion)!
Now look at Biden 2 years declining.
And remember Biden guaranteed this!!! Regardless of how long it takes...2050? Etc.
In the meantime Biden also has done everything he can to make that guarantee... as a result?
Gas prices June 2022 -- $5.032/gallon.. versus June 2017... $2.46 nearly 104% higher.

"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” September 06, 2019, 5:49 PM

View attachment 803201

Since it takes about 4 years, that means Obama, not Trump, gets the credit for us becoming net exporters in 2019.

And why are you still posting that edited clip which cuts out the part where Biden guaranteed fossil fuels would end by 2050?

Yes Biden is exaggerating when he makes his claims.

Sweden is at 51% renewable vs other sources.
Norway is at 72%
Canada is at 32%
Brazil is at 46%

Things get replaced over time. I would give you my sources by google on my PC is giving me error messages for some reason. I have to use my cell phone and another browser.
That is hydroelectric power, dams. Not wind turbines and solar panels.

Brazil has shitty electricity, constant black outs, too much hydroelectric hence they suffer when there is no rain.
Swede is going nuke
Norway is filthy rich in oil, and hydropower.
Canada is ramping up nuclear power.

You guys really need to do research. Throughout our history, government subsidies and encouragement have sustained the energy industry. Read below.

U.S. government subsidies for energy are as old as the nation, says Nancy Pfund, a managing partner at DBL Investors, a venture capital firm, and an anthropologist. In a recent study for DBL Investors, Pfund and coauthor Ben Healey, a Yale University economics graduate student and former Massachusetts legislative committee director, trace U.S. government energy incentives back to 1789, when leaders of the new nation slapped a tariff on the sale of British coal slipped into U.S. ports as ship ballast.

The first 15 years, the report says, are critical to developing new technologies. It finds that oil and gas subsidies, including tax breaks and government spending, were about five times as much as aid to renewables during their first 15 years of development; nuclear received 10 times as much support.

Federal support during the first 15 years works out to $3.3 billion annually for nuclear energy and $1.8 billion annually for oil and gas, but an average of only $400 million a year in inflation-adjusted dollars for renewables.

For example, coal companies can still take advantage of a measure passed in 1950 that originally allowed them to “temporarily” avoid a tax increase enacted to help fund the Korean War, the study says.

Similarly, several measures to aid oil companies passed in the early 1900s remain of key importance to the industry, Healey notes. These include one provision passed in 1916 to speed up depreciation of drilling costs. A second one, the oil depletion allowance, which became law in 1926, gives oil companies a tax break for depleting an oil reservoir.

As for your question - where will the technology come to sustain the EV technology? It may come from solar, wind, etc, who knows? No one has a crystal ball to predict future technologies. I wish I did. I would have retired a long time ago.
there is a difference between a tariff, and our government giving trillions of dollars to solar, wind, and electric cars

and the technology to sustain EV's, it will not be solar or wind, that is a fact

That is hydroelectric power, dams. Not wind turbines and solar panels.

Brazil has shitty electricity, constant black outs, too much hydroelectric hence they suffer when there is no rain.
Swede is going nuke
Norway is filthy rich in oil, and hydropower.
Canada is ramping up nuclear power.
Hydroelectric power is considered a renewable source as is wind, water and solar panels that are also renewable sources. So they all add up for what a country produces under the umbrella renewable source. Fossil fuel is everything else which does including nuclear power (uranium).

Hydroelectric power is considered a renewable source as is wind, water and solar panels that are also renewable sources. So they all add up for what a country produces under the umbrella renewable source. Fossil fuel is everything else which does including nuclear power (uranium).
renewable, no such thing

Hydroelectric is included, because without dams, there is almost zero renewables.

nothing is more fossil fuel than renewables, nothing uses more fossil fuels than renewables

the biggest money scam in history.

Since it takes about 4 years, that means Obama, not Trump, gets the credit for us becoming net exporters in 2019.

And why are you still posting that edited clip which cuts out the part where Biden guaranteed fossil fuels would end by 2050?
You don't seem to understand the process. Again... look at the chart...
Obama signed fewer and fewer FEDERAL leases... understand the difference?
And so the NON-Federal oil production was making up the difference NOT OBAMA!
So again the point is it takes about 4 years from signing to production.
With Obama signing fewer and fewer Federal leases Trump didn't get the results.
BUT BIDEN has! It is just reality and I don't understand why people can't comprehend things don't happen IMMEDIATELY!
Case in point ... Dumb ass Biden taking credit for this:

President Joe Biden falsely said on Wednesday that his new corporate minimum tax is the reason the federal budget deficit declined in 2021 and 2022. In reality, that tax didn’t even come into effect until the beginning of 2023.
EVEN CNN couldn't brush this off!

So just as this chart shows the false premise Biden helps oil production..
LOOK at the chart following it..
AFTER Trump tax cuts more revenue!
Why is that so hard to fathom? Tell me... if you get to pay less taxes, do you hide the additional income in your backyard or under your mattress?
Be honest now what would you do? As most of these recipients did they spent on yachts, etc. (which having worked for a yacht maker..hey we were happy!) or spent on their businesses hiring more people, building new facilities but they certainly don't hide in their backyard.

TrumpTaxcutsaffect120722.png

Pres.signoilleases071023.png

Why Aren't You Worried about a Shortage of Whale Oil?​

In the 1970s it was petroleum. Back in 1905 it was timber. In other eras it was food, rubber, whale oil, charcoal, labor, and tin, to name just a few. Throughout human history, from one age to the next, there have been critical shortages of resources. And in each instance, there have been experts who predicted that we were soon to run out of the resource and that society was doomed.

Forecasts of doom and gloom have existed for as long as civilization has existed. But all these forecasts have been wrong. No civilization has collapsed because of the depletion of a resource. Again and again, so-called resource crises have been overcome. And it hasn't been because people learned to live with less. Nor has it been because governments stepped in to regulate production and consumption.

Instead, freely functioning markets have eliminated the shortages. When markets have been allowed to operate, shortages have induced price increases. People have reacted to these increases by finding substitutes for the scarce resource, by adopting new technologies, and by resource conservation.

They were worried about whale oil...then they found crude oil. But the big difference was they didn't build a multi billion person world dependent on whale oil.

Listen up Bub...and I'm only going to tell you this once...

Peak Oil will destroy our way of life. Crude oil is what built us. We cannot get rid of petrochemical use of crude oil, even if we went 100% eCars. There is no fungible replacement for crude oil. eCars would have no tires, no seat cushions or seat covers, no grease for the wheel bearings, no asphalt roads to run on, no dashboards or seat belts and on and on.

Crude oil built our world. 90% to 95% die off with no crude oil.

To make matters worse, ALL the eCar batteries have to be remade every 9 to 11 years or so. Batteries are not permanent.

We are cracking / fracking rocks to find gas and sifting crude from tar sand. The writing is on the proverbial wall, bub. America only worked when it worked. America is based on endless growth and consumption in a finite world...aka a Ponzi scheme.

...and now we have the bonus of being ruled by mentally ill, sick pos...aka dems.

disney.jpeg

nothing is more fossil fuel than renewables, nothing uses more fossil fuels than renewables

the biggest money scam in history.
Air, water and sunlight are not fossil fuel. Renewable energy creates electricity that can be stored. There are numerous ways to store it. Things run on electricity that is why electricity is produced.

Yet they are doing it. Renewable energy is slowly replacing fossil fuel. The ultimate goal is completely replace it on the energy grid.

Denmark goal is to completely phase out fossil fuel by 2050. Currently there electrical needed are supplied by renewable energy at about 60% of it energy that is being produced. In the last 10 years they have double their output.

REDK_1.jpg

Texas leads the nation on generating wind power at 24%.

You don't seem to understand the process. Again... look at the chart...
Obama signed fewer and fewer FEDERAL leases... understand the difference?
And so the NON-Federal oil production was making up the difference NOT OBAMA!
So again the point is it takes about 4 years from signing to production.
With Obama signing fewer and fewer Federal leases Trump didn't get the results.
BUT BIDEN has! It is just reality and I don't understand why people can't comprehend things don't happen IMMEDIATELY!
Case in point ... Dumb ass Biden taking credit for this:

President Joe Biden falsely said on Wednesday that his new corporate minimum tax is the reason the federal budget deficit declined in 2021 and 2022. In reality, that tax didn’t even come into effect until the beginning of 2023.
EVEN CNN couldn't brush this off!

So just as this chart shows the false premise Biden helps oil production..
LOOK at the chart following it..
AFTER Trump tax cuts more revenue!
Why is that so hard to fathom? Tell me... if you get to pay less taxes, do you hide the additional income in your backyard or under your mattress?
Be honest now what would you do? As most of these recipients did they spent on yachts, etc. (which having worked for a yacht maker..hey we were happy!) or spent on their businesses hiring more people, building new facilities but they certainly don't hide in their backyard.

View attachment 803274

View attachment 803271

None of this stuff really matters.

What matters is when it takes 1.1 barrels of crude to extract 1 barrel of crude. Then game over.

polar bear hunt.jpg

Forum List

Back