Assholes making trouble in Oregon

from the link

FBI Director Robert Mueller acknowledged the law enforcement agency uses drone aircraft in the United States for surveillance in certain difficult cases.

the standoff would be a difficult case

--LOL
No, it wouldn't. There is an airport nearby and the FBI uses a section of it as a staging area.

near by --LOL

a 172 could not carry legally enough fuel to fly from burns to the area

linger around and then return home

but thanks

Oregon standoff: FBI stages at Burns airport

Derp!

wow impressive

airplanes have a limited amount of time and distance

they can legally cover

if they are loaded up with camera gear

all the less time to linger about

and stay within the legal flying requirements

that airport was quite a distance from the ambush site

Thirty miles away. About a twenty minute flight. A 172 can carry two hours of gas. What " legal requirement" doesn't allow for a full tank of gas?
What " legal requirement" doesn't allow for a full tank of gas?

it is not a legal requirement dummy --LOL

it is a physical requirement

the more you load on the airplane

passengers firearms filming equipment and such

the less fuel you carry

simple as that

there are legal requirements for fuel on board as well derp

from the link

FBI Director Robert Mueller acknowledged the law enforcement agency uses drone aircraft in the United States for surveillance in certain difficult cases.

--LOL
No, it wouldn't. There is an airport nearby and the FBI uses a section of it as a staging area.

near by --LOL

but thanks

Derp!

wow impressive

airplanes have a limited amount of time and distance

they can legally cover

if they are loaded up with camera gear

all the less time to linger about

and stay within the legal flying requirements

that airport was quite a distance from the ambush site
Ya, but it wasn't an ambush site. That is as silly as saying it was quite a distance even from the destination of the little town of John Day. Even small planes can handle a 50 or 60-mile flight. Your reasoning on this topic gets more goofy every day. You know the FBI may have had more than one plane, don't you? You know, so if the first plane was running low on fuel after a few hours it could call on a replacement plane with a full tank of fuel.

first off with flying it isnt the miles flown

it is how long your fuel lasts

head winds

weight of the airplane

how much fuel you can add

so now you want to throw in more then one plane

to keep observation on one truck

--LOL

it gets less and less economical every post

now wonder our government is so in debt

--LOL

this is why the drone is such a better idea

I hit agree on this as I think they should have left long ago by now. By staying they are undermining the cause and though they think they are 'staying the course' they are helping it get far off course.

IMHO, I do not think it helped the situation with the last four at all for the .gov to have them named in the indictments though. It did help the .gov in so much as it will give more weight to their prosecution of Ammon and the rest.

I hit agree on this as I think they should have left long ago by now. By staying they are undermining the cause and though they think they are 'staying the course' they are helping it get far off course.

IMHO, I do not think it helped the situation with the last four at all for the .gov to have them named in the indictments though. It did help the .gov in so much as it will give more weight to their prosecution of Ammon and the rest.
How can they leave? They're "hostages!"

LOLOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Oh for fucks sake people! It has been a total waste to see the last, what, ten pages wasted on what type of aircraft was used. At first, most took it and argued hard that it was an airplane, and have been arguing to death what kind could fly like that, myself included.

I and others have looked back and found the FBI said it was an aircraft! And that my folks, covers all the bases. Give it a farking rest and get over it already!

Spot the disconnect...

... and stay within the legal flying requirements

it is not a legal requirement dummy

LOLOLOLOLOL

Please do not include my post when you laugh about them calling themselves hostages. I said nothing at all of the sort.

t it

from the link

--LOL

near by --LOL

but thanks

Only thirty miles to where they were stopped.
I doubt it was a 172 probably at least a 182.
There is no room to operate the camera gear in a 172 at all.

the highway patrol often uses a 172

usually the Cessna 172 xp

-

Please. They said it was an aircraft. And that covers anything they could have had up there. OK?

indeed

not much is going to happen until

the investigation is completed and made public

wonder why the feds has not taken them in yet

Now on to the shooting, yes again. I do not hold much truck with a bullet smoking, but a firearm will. If you look at the video I posted, you can see the officer firing his rifle at Finnicum. The 'smoke' of it firing can be seen by the sudden and brief brightening of the snow under the muzzle of it.

And more incriminating is that even though you folks say it was a good shoot because they "knew he had a firearm", in any other officer involved shooting I have seen, the firearm should be in clear view before the 'perp' should be fired upon. And there was certainly enough officers there to maintain that level of engagement(?), wasn't there?

Oh for fucks sake people! It has been a total waste to see the last, what, ten pages wasted on what type of aircraft was used. At first, most took it and argued hard that it was an airplane, and have been arguing to death what kind could fly like that, myself included.

I and others have looked back and found the FBI said it was an aircraft! And that my folks, covers all the bases. Give it a farking rest and get over it already!

The FBI did have a plane in the air, and what I am about to show you is a video from that plane.

Spot the disconnect...

... and stay within the legal flying requirements

it is not a legal requirement dummy

LOLOLOLOLOL

Please do not include my post when you laugh about them calling themselves hostages. I said nothing at all of the sort.
TFB

And in other news, I posted earlier about all comms being cut off to the last four. Well now apparently they have been able to get out. Hmm, perhaps the FBI is monitoring all possible communications and opinions about this incidence.

So here's another interesting thing. Before I post this link, I do not hold much truck with the sensationalist way that Santilli makes his 'living', and would never contribute to his cause. but this gives me pause as well:

So this is cool?

Please. They said it was an aircraft. And that covers anything they could have had up there. OK?
Now on to the shooting, yes again. I do not hold much truck with a bullet smoking, but a firearm will. If you look at the video I posted, you can see the officer firing his rifle at Finnicum. The 'smoke' of it firing can be seen by the sudden and brief brightening of the snow under the muzzle of it.

And more incriminating is that even though you folks say it was a good shoot because they "knew he had a firearm", in any other officer involved shooting I have seen, the firearm should be in clear view before the 'perp' should be fired upon. And there was certainly enough officers there to maintain that level of engagement(?), wasn't there?
No mention here of having to see a gun before resorting to deadly force....

§161.219¹ Limitations on use of deadly physical force in defense of a person

Notwithstanding the provisions of ORS 161.209 (Use of physical force in defense of a person), a person is not justified in using deadly physical force upon another person unless the person reasonably believes that the other person is:

(1) Committing or attempting to commit a felony involving the use or threatened imminent use of physical force against a person; or
(2) Committing or attempting to commit a burglary in a dwelling; or
(3) Using or about to use unlawful deadly physical force against a person. [1971 c.743 §23]​

Forum List

Back