Assault weapons ban

You just proved my point Moon Bat. That is very unreasonable. In fact bat shit crazy.

Like I said you can't trust a Moon Bat to be reasonable.

Thanks for playing.

Why do you need a semi automatic assault rifle?

Because I enjoy shooting them, building them and collecting them.

Why the fuck do you care as long as I don't use them in a crime?

Why don't you mind your own fucking business and leave my Constitutional rights alone? What is your problem?

Good thing we have a Bill of Rights in this country so that assholes like you can't take away our Liberties because you don't like them.

Because I don't want to wait for you to snap.

I have a friend who says when he's one day diagnosed as terminal, he's going to take out about 20 people who are on his hit list. It would be nice if he didn't have such a high powered weapon. I wish him, and you, didn't own them. But you do so feel free to keep them. But from now on we no longer sell them commercially. You can keep yours.

Unless they are all in one group, he could use the muzzleloader to accomplish that if he planned it right.

But he will choose the gun that holds 20 rounds.

So what?

Still doesn't mean they can be banned.

Sorry, but the "keep the ones you have" denies my right to get one should I so choose.

Rights are Rights.

Yes, you can keep and bear arms. Here are your choices

Shotgun
Revolver
Muzzleloader
Rifle that holds 4 bullets

Pick one. See? Now your rights are in tact and we don't have nuts walking into walmart with assault rifles.

Here is what I worry about. I worry that after we ban these guns, nuts will go shooting with revolvers. They won't kill as many people but they'll cause enough trouble that "liberals" will want to take those guns away too.

Then I'll agree with you guys. I'll tell them to fuck off too. But I see no reason to let the masses own military style weapons that can cause mass destruction. If Saddam can't have WMD's why can we? We can't even say we haven't used them. We use them every day.

The number of mass shootings across the U.S. so far in 2019 has outpaced the number of days this year, according to a gun violence research group. This puts 2019 on pace to be the first year since 2016 with an average of more than one mass shooting a day.

You just proved my point Moon Bat. That is very unreasonable. In fact bat shit crazy.

Thanks for playing.

Why don't you mind your own fucking business and leave my Constitutional rights alone? What is your problem?

Good thing we have a Bill of Rights in this country so that assholes like you can't take away our Liberties because you don't like them.

The bill of rights says you can own a gun. It doesn't say an assault rifle dumb fuck.

This is for our society/government to decide. What guns are WMD's and what guns are right for legal citizens to own. I say 10 rounds max capacity. No more than that. And don't you dare complain because you gun nuts swear the time it takes you to change magazines will not slow you down one bit. I know that's a lie but feel free to keep claiming it. It's one of the arguments I use for why there should be no 20 round capacity guns. They should be illegal. Don't worry you'll never miss them. You can still go to the range and get your hard on hitting plates.

I just want to shoot a deer and it doesn't take more than 2 bullets to kill one if you are good.

Hunting. Is. Not. What. The. 2nd. Amendment. Is. About.

I also doesn't say you are limited to firearms that are old technology, or something a quisling such as yourself would be willing to give up.

What we are asking for is to simply list these WMD's as Title 2 weapons or NFA firearms. We already do this in the USA. How did they get away with classifying and regulating some weapons as title 2 or NFA's?

Title II weapons, or NFA firearms, are designations of certain weapons under the United States National Firearms Act (NFA).

These are weapons requiring a Type 01 Federal Firearms License (FFL) as well as a Class 3 Special Occupation Tax (SOT) to sell, and an ATF Form 4 (transfer of registration) with $200 tax stamp to purchase. Also a Type 07 FFL (manufacturer) with a Class 2 Special Occupation Tax is qualified to purchase and sell. [1] The restrictions apply to certain firearms, explosive munitions, and other devices which are federally regulated by the NFA.[2][3] Any violation of the NFA is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[4] Per the National Rifle Association's Summary of Gun Control Act of 1968:[5]

Title II of the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a revision of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and pertains to machine guns, short or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, and so-called "destructive devices" (including grenades, mortars, rocket launchers, large projectiles, and other heavy ordnance). Acquisition of these weapons is subject to prior approval of the Attorney General, and federal registration is required for possession. Generally, a $200 tax is imposed upon each transfer or making of any Title II weapon.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), which enforces federal firearms law, refers to such weapons as "NFA firearms".[6] NFA firearms include machine guns, short-barreled riflesand shotguns, heavy weapons, explosive ordnance, silencers and "any other weapon" (AOW), such as disguised or improvised firearms.[3] Title I weapons, or GCA firearms, are standard rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

Explosive devices such as bombs or grenades are regulated as NFA firearms (destructive devices). Explosive materials are not considered NFA firearms; they are regulated under the Organized Crime Control Act.[7]

Thanks for playing.

The bill of rights says you can own a gun. It doesn't say an assault rifle dumb fuck.

This is for our society/government to decide. What guns are WMD's and what guns are right for legal citizens to own. I say 10 rounds max capacity. No more than that. And don't you dare complain because you gun nuts swear the time it takes you to change magazines will not slow you down one bit. I know that's a lie but feel free to keep claiming it. It's one of the arguments I use for why there should be no 20 round capacity guns. They should be illegal. Don't worry you'll never miss them. You can still go to the range and get your hard on hitting plates.

I just want to shoot a deer and it doesn't take more than 2 bullets to kill one if you are good.

I also doesn't say you are limited to firearms that are old technology, or something a quisling such as yourself would be willing to give up.

What we are asking for is to simply list these WMD's as Title 2 weapons or NFA firearms. We already do this in the USA. How did they get away with classifying and regulating some weapons as title 2 or NFA's?

Title II weapons, or NFA firearms, are designations of certain weapons under the United States National Firearms Act (NFA).

These are weapons requiring a Type 01 Federal Firearms License (FFL) as well as a Class 3 Special Occupation Tax (SOT) to sell, and an ATF Form 4 (transfer of registration) with $200 tax stamp to purchase. Also a Type 07 FFL (manufacturer) with a Class 2 Special Occupation Tax is qualified to purchase and sell. [1] The restrictions apply to certain firearms, explosive munitions, and other devices which are federally regulated by the NFA.[2][3] Any violation of the NFA is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.[4] Per the National Rifle Association's Summary of Gun Control Act of 1968:[5]

Title II of the Gun Control Act of 1968 is a revision of the National Firearms Act of 1934, and pertains to machine guns, short or "sawed-off" shotguns and rifles, and so-called "destructive devices" (including grenades, mortars, rocket launchers, large projectiles, and other heavy ordnance). Acquisition of these weapons is subject to prior approval of the Attorney General, and federal registration is required for possession. Generally, a $200 tax is imposed upon each transfer or making of any Title II weapon.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), which enforces federal firearms law, refers to such weapons as "NFA firearms".[6] NFA firearms include machine guns, short-barreled riflesand shotguns, heavy weapons, explosive ordnance, silencers and "any other weapon" (AOW), such as disguised or improvised firearms.[3] Title I weapons, or GCA firearms, are standard rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

Explosive devices such as bombs or grenades are regulated as NFA firearms (destructive devices). Explosive materials are not considered NFA firearms; they are regulated under the Organized Crime Control Act.[7]

A semi-automatic rifle is not what those laws were about. They are for fully automatic weapons and long weapons that are easy to conceal.

Sorry, no new laws until I get my rights back. Get NYC to give me a revolver in less than 6 freaking months, and for less than $500 in fees, then I will be willing to talk.

And a semi automatic rifle is not a WMD, it is a conventional weapon. NBC weapons are WMD's.

That you have to exaggerate with a term like that shows the weakness of your argument, and the shallowness of you character.

What do you consider "common sense"?

Owning a fire arm should never be a crime and owning it be infringed by the government. The Constitution says very clearly the the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The only crime should be if the firearm is used in a crime.

Shotgun
Revolver
Muzzleloader

Pick one. See? Now your rights are in tact and we don't have nuts walking into walmart with assault rifles.

Here is what I worry about. I worry that after we ban these guns, nuts will go shooting with revolvers. They won't kill as many people but they'll cause enough trouble that "liberals" will want to take those guns away too.

Then I'll agree with you guys. I'll tell them to fuck off too. But I see no reason to let the masses own military style weapons that can cause mass destruction. If Saddam can't have WMD's why can we? We can't even say we haven't used them. We use them every day.

The number of mass shootings across the U.S. so far in 2019 has outpaced the number of days this year, according to a gun violence research group. This puts 2019 on pace to be the first year since 2016 with an average of more than one mass shooting a day.

Thanks for playing.

Where does it say that I can't own an AR-15 you stupid Moon Bat? All it says that for the security of a free nation the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Only stupid Moon Bats like you want to define arms to be something you pussies don't like.

You never answered my question. Why should my Constitutional rights be infringed because somebody else does something illegal? What kind of an American are you to take away my Constitutional rights because somebody else may abuse them?

Just mind your own fucking business. If you don't want to own an AR then fine. I don't care. Just stop being and asshole and advocating taking rights away from other people. That is not cool. In fact you are being a shithead. Typical for a Moon Bat.

A semi-automatic rifle is not what those laws were about. They are for fully automatic weapons and long weapons that are easy to conceal.

Sorry, no new laws until I get my rights back. Get NYC to give me a revolver in less than 6 freaking months, and for less than $500 in fees, then I will be willing to talk.

And a semi automatic rifle is not a WMD, it is a conventional weapon. NBC weapons are WMD's.

That you have to exaggerate with a term like that shows the weakness of your argument, and the shallowness of you character.

That's a states rights issue. You don't like it, move.

I'm talking about re classifying these guns as Title 2 or NFA firearms on a national level.

Shotgun
Revolver
Muzzleloader

Thanks for playing.

Where does it say that I can't own an AR-15 you stupid Moon Bat? All it says that for the security of a free nation the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Only stupid Moon Bats like you want to define arms to be something you pussies don't like.

You never answered my question. Why should my Constitutional rights be infringed because somebody else does something illegal? What kind of an American are you to take away my Constitutional rights because somebody else may abuse them?

Just mind your own fucking business. If you don't want to own an AR then fine. I don't care. Just stop being and asshole and advocating taking rights away from other people. That is not cool. In fact you are being a shithead. Typical for a Moon Bat.

You can answer your own question by answering this question. Why do we classify some weapons as Title II weapons, or NFA firearms?

Why? Because these weapons are too dangerous to let just anyone own.

Sorry, but our society deemed certain weapons as Title 2 or NFA firearms. I don't hear you crying too much about not being able to own one of those. So you'll be fine when they put assault rifles that carry 20 bullets on that list.

You can keep the ones you have. We just don't make them anymore. Better stock up on ammo.

You are right. Semi automatics are not currently considered title 2 or NFA firearms. Not at the moment. Stay tuned.

Shotgun
Revolver
Muzzleloader

Thanks for playing.

He was armed with a legally obtained weapon and was wearing a mask and bulletproof vest at the time.

The gun used in the shooting was modified to function like a rifle, Biehl noted, saying it troubled him that a civilian had been able to access that type of high-capacity firearm.

“It is fundamentally problematic,” Biehl said. “To have that level of weaponry in a civilian environment, unregulated, is problematic.”

Dayton police chief on shooting suspect's firearm: "It is fundamentally problematic. To have that level of weaponry in a civilian environment, unregulated, is problematic."

The police chief noted that if the suspect’s bullet magazines were completely full, he would have had a maximum of 250 rounds on him at the time of the shooting.

Question for you Moon Bats that want a ban on AR-15s.

I have 29 AR-15s now.

I use them for legal purposes.

I have no intention of ever using them for a crime.

Why should my Constitutional right to keep and bear arms in owning the ARs be taken away because some other people may use AR-15s illegally?
But an AR-15 looks SCARY. Never mind the fact that a 12 gauge shot gun chambered for 3" mags and loaded with double ott buck is FAR more deadly in close proximity than an AR-15, but it doesn't look SCARY.

Trying to ban AR's is nothing more than getting a foot in the door to ban other guns. It's the slippery slope, and there's no denying it.
I'm cool with shotguns as long they don't accept any replaceable magazines. If they do, then terrorist will keep slapping in 25 round mags for continuous mass killing power!
677682_ts.jpg
Apparently you missed the part in the Second Amendment that says... "shall not be infringed."

Question for you Moon Bats that want a ban on AR-15s.

I have 29 AR-15s now.

I use them for legal purposes.

I have no intention of ever using them for a crime.

Why should my Constitutional right to keep and bear arms in owning the ARs be taken away because some other people may use AR-15s illegally?
But an AR-15 looks SCARY. Never mind the fact that a 12 gauge shot gun chambered for 3" mags and loaded with double ott buck is FAR more deadly in close proximity than an AR-15, but it doesn't look SCARY.

Trying to ban AR's is nothing more than getting a foot in the door to ban other guns. It's the slippery slope, and there's no denying it.
I'm cool with shotguns as long they don't accept any replaceable magazines. If they do, then terrorist will keep slapping in 25 round mags for continuous mass killing power!
677682_ts.jpg
Apparently you missed the part in the Second Amendment that says... "shall not be infringed."

Can you tell me how did the government get away with this then? They made "machine guns" a title 2 weapon and now it's almost impossible to get your hands on one. Show me one post on USMB where a conservative is crying about this law. You can't? Then I guess you got used to the government infringing on your rights. You'll be ok when they add assault rifles to this list.

Isn't this infringing on your rights? What did you do about it? Are Republicans trying to repeal this? When is the last time you complained about this? So I guess if we put semi auto assault rifles on this list you'll bend over and take it just like Americans did in 1968?

Is this infringing on your rights? Then how did the government get away with it and what have you don't about it? Nothing? I thought so

iu
Lets reduce the number of people murdered by AR's by taking them away from people.

You need a car to drive. You need a shotgun or rifle to hunt. You DON'T need a AR for anything other than to compensate for your little dick.

If the government wants you they'll get you with our without your guns.

Oh, and I thought you guys told black people to stop resisting arrest. You say this is why they are getting killed by cops. But then when we discuss guns you all claim that you would resist if the government/law came to your door. A black man couldn't get away with this. And neither should you. If the law says you're under arrest it's your job to fight it in court, not with your gun.

The assault weapons ban legislation put out yesterday got me thinking about when we enacted prohibition to halt the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages as we know that ended up creating a bigger problem than the act was attempting to solve. Granted we are not talking about banning all guns like they were with alcohol this ban though does seem to be more far reaching than the last one so I wonder like prohibition could this ban end up causing more problems than it solves?
This debate comes up every time a white guy kills some people. It's BS.

I remember how the media reacted to Sandyhook.....
They attacked the NRA and praised Obama.

If leftists cared about the body count, they'd be going after cell phones. They don't care about the body count. They just can't openly say they want Americans disarmed and compliant. Not yet anyway.

Texting and driving deaths
  • 14% of fatal crashes involved cell phones.
  • 14% of distracted driving deaths were attributed specifically to cell phone use, as opposed to other forms of distracted driving.
  • 4,637 people died in car crashes in 2018 due to cell phone use.
  • Including the cost to people's lives, these crashes were responsible for $129 billion — or 15 percent — of the overall societal damage caused by motor vehicle crashes. This number only goes up after your primary offense.
https://www.thezebra.com/texting-and-driving-statistics/

46 Important Texting While Driving Fatalities Statistics - HRF

Last edited:
Because I don't want to wait for you to snap.

I have a friend who says when he's one day diagnosed as terminal, he's going to take out about 20 people who are on his hit list. It would be nice if he didn't have such a high powered weapon. I wish him, and you, didn't own them. But you do so feel free to keep them. But from now on we no longer sell them commercially. You can keep yours.

Cool story bruh !

Just imagine if Hillary had won in 2016.......

By now most of South America would be here supported by US taxpayers....taxes would therefor have risen 1000%, and armed task groups would be prowling every place conservatives live with medical records and social media reports in hand, to take guns from everyone who fit "The Profile"

Trump handled it like an American...no knee-jerking Constitutional Rights attacks. Just good, common sense suggestions.

It seems like the pro gun people believe in "rule from beyond the grave."

The constitution is a living document.

It is time for stricter gun control.

Stop the hating.

You got it backwards just like many leftists do. There should be government support for owning and carrying guns. Teach responsibility not fear and educate folks about guns and the moral responsibility that goes with owning a gun, what actually happens when a human gets shot by a gun and how to react to a situation where a mass shooter starts to brandish his gun.

If leftists cared about the body count, they'd be going after cell phones. They don't care about the body count. They just can't openly say they want Americans disarmed and compliant. Not yet anyway.

Texting and driving deaths
  • 14% of fatal crashes involved cell phones.
  • 14% of distracted driving deaths were attributed specifically to cell phone use, as opposed to other forms of distracted driving.
  • 4,637 people died in car crashes in 2018 due to cell phone use.
  • Including the cost to people's lives, these crashes were responsible for $129 billion — or 15 percent — of the overall societal damage caused by motor vehicle crashes. This number only goes up after your primary offense.
https://www.thezebra.com/texting-and-driving-statistics/

46 Important Texting While Driving Fatalities Statistics - HRF

And if Republicans really cared about human lives they would care about more than just American fetus'.

Just imagine if Hillary had won in 2016.......

By now most of South America would be here supported by US taxpayers....taxes would therefor have risen 1000%, and armed task groups would be prowling every place conservatives live with medical records and social media reports in hand, to take guns from everyone who fit "The Profile"

Trump handled it like an American...no knee-jerking Constitutional Rights attacks. Just good, common sense suggestions.

Are you kidding? Do you remember when over Labor Day Weekend Bush was trying to let Mexican truckers into the USA? Even though they were on holiday vacation many truckers showed up at the border and blocked the Mexican truck drivers from coming in.

This would have been the death of another great American industry. Truck driving. Those guys make good money but they work hard. Unfortunately for them, Mexican truckers cost less.

But don't blame the Mexican truckers. They're just doing their job. Blame Bush and the corporations for wanting to save money at American workers expense.

You can make the choice using your own conscience, you have that right too, but you do not have the right, or even the power, to make that choice for others.

The majority does have a right to amend the constitution to make choices for the minority, if they so chose.

Is it self defense or paranoia that drives some pro gunners?
The majority does not have the right to amend it

There is a set procedure for amending it.

It is not a living document and we have too much gun control already

Forum List

Back