Assault Weapons Ban would be unconstitutional. "A State Militia must be maintained and well regulated"

The Thomson machinegun was not banned, but made more difficult and expensive.
And that is the reason almost no one is killed by them. Oh and you forgot that machine guns made after 1986 are totally banned.

This should be true of ARs as well. In fact it WAS true for ten years just a few decades ago
"This should be true of ARs as well. In fact it WAS true for ten years just a few decades ago"

Right. But it should also be remembered that it stopped being law because it was proved to be a pain in the ass that could not be shown to have improved anything. It was a trial that failed miserably. Thanks for reminding us.

Anyone who does not have arms is a fool.
Statistically everyone will need one at least 2.5 times in their lives.
The police have probably never once arrived in time to actually stop a crime in progress.
All governments go corrupt and have to over turned eventually.
Any locality can be hit with a temporary emergency, like Katrina.
Nonsense. I have walked this planet for 66 years and never needed a gun. And I have lived and worked in the NYC metro area and worked in the city a lot of that time
Somebody cares? Maybe not ever needing a gun is the only reason you've managed to reach that ripe old age. Isn't NYC almost entirely gun free by law?
I have walked this planet longer than you and it is almost certain I would not have ever reached voting age if not for guns and the ability to use them. The fact of your good fortune in no way indicates anyone else will be so lucky. Nor do I see any virtue in being unable to protect those who depend on you.
In any case "need" is entirely unnecessary. If I want something for whatever reason, what gives you the right to tell me I can't have it? I have never needed a smoke alarm. Is that cause for me to tell you can't have one?

The police have probably never once arrived in time to actually stop a crime in progress.

I've been through lots of hurricanes. Rita completely destroyed my house. I've always owned guns, but I've never needed a one for self defense.

It is not when your house is destroyed that you need firearms.
It is when the whole food chain is disrupted for weeks, people start to get hungry, and you live in a crowded urban environment.
You've been watching too many post-apocalyptical movies.

First of all there have been lots of disasters lasting weeks that did result in rioting and looting, like Katrina, the LA riots, the 67 civil rights riots, even.
But on a larger scale, things like the American Revolution happen on a frequency of every couple hundred years.
For example, France, Poland, Yugoslavia, etc., being reduced to guerilla warfare in WWII.
Then there are even longer scale events, like global warming, over population, running out of fossil energy, etc., that promise much greater global poverty in the future.
These things are not imaginary but absolutely assured at some time.
And frankly, with corruption like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, illegal foreign wars, 3 strikes laws, asset forfeiture, federal gun control, unfair IRS regs, etc., that sooner this country has a revolution and starts over, the better. This country is far more corrupt than acceptable already, and getting worse all the time.

Nonsense. I have walked this planet for 66 years and never needed a gun. And I have lived and worked in the NYC metro area and worked in the city a lot of that time

And you likely were white, wealthy, and privileged.
NYC is well known for having about the most repressive police in the world, which is perfect if you are white and wealthy.
But they murder people for selling single cigarettes because the tax stamp is removed.
Most of the police in NYC should be shot, and those who support that type of repression can go with them.

And we were not talking about in a single life time period.
For example, England, the US, France, Germany, etc. go through periods of civil war, revolution, or invasion, about ever 250 years. And we have a duty to future generations as well.
Any society relying on mercenaries having a monopoly on arms is not just stupid, but traitors.

Well....each year an average of 1.1 million Americans use their legal guns to stop criminals......rape, robbery and murder....according to the Centers for Disease Control..

So you have been lucky, they weren't. You don't get to tell them they can't use a gun to save their own lives or the lives of their family......

And that is the reason almost no one is killed by them. Oh and you forgot that machine guns made after 1986 are totally banned.

This should be true of ARs as well. In fact it WAS true for ten years just a few decades ago

The AR-15 is a rifle.......a normal rifle....it is no different from any other semi-automatic rifle, pistol or shotgun.......and you calling for it to be banned, for no reason other than you don't like it, is irrational.

Over 20 million Ar-15 rifles are in private hands.....and less than 5 a year, if that, are used for any sort of crime....

Wrong.
The reason more people are not killed by Thompson machine guns has nothing at all to do with the fact they are a little more expensive and difficult to buy legally, because they have always been easy to buy or make illegally.
The actual reason why pistols are used for almost all murders is because they are so much more concealable, so that one can more likely get away with the murder.
When a large weapon is used, it is usually also a suicide and not just a murder.

And no, machine guns made after 1986 are not totally banned.
It just requires more paperwork to get a Federal Firearms License or a Special Occupational Tax, (FFL or SOT).
Anything the police or military have, has to be possible by anyone with the right paperwork and tax.
You have to know that since all these weapons are developed, researched, made, and tested privately.

And NO, ARs were NEVER banned. The so called Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 that lasted until let sunset in 2002, only made makers remove the bayonet lug and flash suppressor. Millions of ARs were still sold during that time period. It never was and never will be legal to ban ARs. Other assault weapons had to change the pistol grip to what is known as the "thumb hole stock". No assault weapons ban ever was or will be legal, and anyone foolish enough to propose such an inherently draconian insanity, is a traitor against the democratic republic.

NYC is well known for having about the most repressive police in the world, which is perfect if you are white and wealthy.
But they murder people for selling single cigarettes because the tax stamp is removed.
Most of the police in NYC should be shot, and those who support that type of repression can go with them.

For example, England, the US, France, Germany, etc. go through periods of civil war, revolution, or invasion, about ever 250 years. And we have a duty to future generations as well.
Any society relying on mercenaries having a monopoly on arms is not just stupid, but traitors.
Under Bush, we did hire mercenaries, but I'm not aware of any private military companies like Blackwater, that are employed by the US at this time.

Under Bush, we did hire mercenaries, but I'm not aware of any private military companies like Blackwater, that are employed by the US at this time.

Are you kidding? We have all sorts of companies working for the government, just like Blackwater........

Are you kidding? We have all sorts of companies working for the government, just like Blackwater........
Names?

The AR-15 is a rifle.......a normal rifle....it is no different from any other semi-automatic rifle, pistol or shotgun.......and you calling for it to be banned, for no reason other than you don't like it, is irrational.

Over 20 million Ar-15 rifles are in private hands.....and less than 5 a year, if that, are used for any sort of crime....

My brothers Ar-15 kills predator's just as well as my 30.06. Both can be deadly.

Any military where people join because they want to get paid, instead of a conscription of unpaid citizen soldiers, is mercenary.
Whenever the members do what they are told by those who sign their paychecks, they are mercenaries.
The police and the army are all mercenaries.
What we should have instead is mandatory universal training and arms, like Switzerland or Israel.
Defense and law are not jobs that should be paid, but civic duty everyone should participate in for free.

Any military where people join because they want to get paid, instead of a conscription of unpaid citizen soldiers, is mercenary.
Whenever the members do what they are told by those who sign their paychecks, they are mercenaries.
What we should have instead is mandatory universal training and arms, like Switzerland or Israel.
Defense and law are not jobs that should be paid, but civic duty everyone should participate in for free.

Conscription is also called slavery.........doing a job you don't want to do but will be jailed if you don't do it? Again....that is slavery.

Names?

All of our politicians are protected by private security. There are thousands of private security companies like that, and they generally have Special Occupation Tax full auto weapons. Remember, Blackwater Security was hired to go to Iraq by the US bureaucrats we sent there, not the military.

Conscription is also called slavery.........doing a job you don't want to do but will be jailed if you don't do it? Again....that is slavery.

Yes, but any civic duty can be called slavery, such as paying taxes.
That is paar for the course when you have a democratic republic.
You then have some civic obligations.
It is good to have unpleasant things done by average people, because then they won't be done as often.
Like the protests against the war in Vietnam were not primarily about people not liking the draft, but because we were illegally murdering innocent Vietnamese.
Ending the draft and going "volunteer" should have been called what it really was, going "mercenary".
We likely should never have a standing military, but instead citizen soldiers, just like the Founders wanted.

My mistake. I forgot you were a crazy right winger who just makes up definitions based on what you want words to mean, instead of what they actually mean.

Names?

All of our politicians are protected by private security. There are thousands of private security companies like that, and they generally have Special Occupation Tax full auto weapons. Remember, Blackwater Security was hired to go to Iraq by the US bureaucrats we sent there, not the military.
Private security for an individual is not the same as private military forces that were hired by Bush's state department.

It is good to have unpleasant things done by average people, because then they won't be done as often.
Like the protests against the war in Vietnam were not primarily about people not liking the draft, but because we were illegally murdering innocent Vietnamese.
Ending the draft and going "volunteer" should have been called what it really was, going "mercenary".
We likely should never have a standing military, but instead citizen soldiers, just like the Founders wanted.

Ok. You can get on the nutbag list since you seem to be trying so hard for that

I beg your pardon, we were there to stop/prevent the murder of innocent Vietnamese. If you are going to start calling people murderers you best be willing and able to back it up. Do so.

I beg your pardon, we were there to stop/prevent the murder of innocent Vietnamese. If you are going to start calling people murderers you best be willing and able to back it up. Do so.

Just wow.

—in the village of My Lai on March 16, 1968. More than 500 people were slaughtered in the My Lai massacre, including young girls and women who were raped and mutilated before being killed. U.S. Army officers covered up the carnage for a year before it was reported in the American press.

Forum List

Back