Assault weapons ban: Question for supporters

Cons deal in absolutes because complexity is just too hard. It's like trying to argue with 5 year olds, like trump. No worries, the world is big enough for the derps as well, carry on.

Allow me to translate........

Begin translation........

Wow...they got me...I have nothing intelligent to say that supports my fake outrage over the AR-15....they are right..there really is no rational reason to ban them...but I want them banned because I don't like them.....soooo...I will say something that only other gun grabbers will think is clever, about conservatives...then I will giggle like a little girl...and throw my poop...like a typical lefty....

End translation...

Assume that, today, the 1994 AWB is reinstated.
A year from now, how does this prevent someone like Mateen from legally buying an AR15 and shooting up another nightclub?
10 years from now?
It certainly would have prevented Mateen from legally obtaining a brand new AR15.

This is one of your weaker arguments on the topic.

You should focus on the obvious. If the FBI were given the latitude they need to do their job, Mateen would have been unable to legally obtain ANY AR15 , and possibly already have been in prison.

A year from now, how does this prevent someone like Mateen from legally buying an AR15 and shooting up another nightclub?
10 years from now?
It certainly would have prevented Mateen from legally obtaining a brand new AR15.

You should focus on the obvious. If the FBI were given the latitude they need to do their job, Mateen would have been unable to legally obtain ANY AR15 , and possibly already have been in prison.

Did the extreme gun laws in France.....where there are zero AR-15s and zero fully automatic rifles.....where you can't get them in gun stores or gun shows because the gun shows and gun stores don't exist....

And even with their gun ban, their extreme gun control laws and fewer civil rights and laws protecting those rights, known terrorists, on terrorist watch lists got fully automatic rifles, grenades, explosives and pistols....with all the magazines they wanted......

So how would banning AR-15s have kept this guy from getting one again?

10 years from now?

Did the extreme gun laws in France.....where there are zero AR-15s and zero fully automatic rifles.....where you can't get them in gun stores or gun shows because the gun shows and gun stores don't exist....

And even with their gun ban, their extreme gun control laws and fewer civil rights and laws protecting those rights, known terrorists, on terrorist watch lists got fully automatic rifles, grenades, explosives and pistols....with all the magazines they wanted......

You might reread my post and realize that I SPECIFICALLY pointed out that he would have been prevented from LEGALLY obtaining the "AR15 style weapon" he used.

I made NO mention of any impact it would have had on him illegally obtaining one.

At some point you need to admit certain facts dude. It is obvious that the assault weapons ban would have made it tougher for him to obtain the weapon and ammunition he used. Tough enough to prevent him from committing the act of terror? Doubtful , but that wasn't the question asked or answered.

10 years from now?

You might reread my post and realize that I SPECIFICALLY pointed out that he would have been prevented from LEGALLY obtaining the "AR15 style weapon" he used.

I made NO mention of any impact it would have had on him illegally obtaining one.

At some point you need to admit certain facts dude. It is obvious that the assault weapons ban would have made it tougher for him to obtain the weapon and ammunition he used. Tough enough to prevent him from committing the act of terror? Doubtful , but that wasn't the question asked or answered.

Who cares how he gets the weapon...he is going to get it....while 5 million normal people would be banned from a rifle they don't use to commit any crimes with...

You would not stop any mass shooting or crime, and you would over night make criminals out of 5 million Americans.....that is what you are advocating....

There is no rational reason to ban the rifle, and bowing to irrational actions by the left is how we got to this point...that has to stop.

10 years from now?
1: How? I bought 2 new AR15s, one on 2000 and one in 2002. Legally. New, in box, form the manufacturer.
2: The question was prevention of the crime; the gun did not have to be new for him to commit the crime.
And so, the question remains. Care to try again?

You should focus on the obvious...
I am -- the screams to reinstate the AWB are hard to miss.

10 years from now?
1: How? I bought 2 new AR15s, one on 2000 and one in 2002. Legally. New, in box, form the manufacturer.
2: The question was prevention of the crime; the gun did not have to be new for him to commit the crime.
And so, the question remains. Care to try again?

You should focus on the obvious...
I am -- the screams to reinstate the AWB are hard to miss.

You are correct, that's what I'm pointing out in another thread. the AWB has ZERO effect on weapons already in the market. NONE . But the question you asked was "how would it have prevented Mateen from doing what he did" The answer is it would have prevented him from buying a NEW weapon, and there is NO doubt that being able to legally walk in and purchase the weapon of choice and plenty of ammo makes it far easier to go physcho than if he had had to try to find one through the black market. That's all I was saying.

As with all legislation you write the best law you can, then amend or change it later if needed.

How anyone can support a person that is on the FBI watch list and has been investigated by the FBI for terrorist activites buying a gun, ANY gun, is just insane. If you can't start with a short list of the most suspicious then where exactly do you start? Really, you are going to defend this dirtbag having access to an assault weapon? Or a BB gun for that matter?

Bizarre.

Here's the thing and that is you can ban the assault weapon and put people on lists and it will not stop those like Mateen because he would have just went the bomb making route like McVeigh, Rudolph and the Boston Bombers went.

The FBI along with the ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and let be really honest this is not the first time nor will it be the last time.

Mateen could have been flagged by the FBI and had the ATF notify them when he bought weapons and massive amounts of ammo and started a new investigation and surveillance on the terrorist, but they did not.

So instead blaming the right to buy the firearm we need to focus on why the FBI, ATF and Homeland Security failed the people of Orlando and how to get them to do their job better in tracking the next lone wolf attack, and even then they will miss some...

The thought that a mass murderer might be inconvenienced in his attempt to acquire deadly weapons seems to upset our gun fondlers. Relax children, he`ll still be able to get one so why are you worrying about the little darling?

The thought that a mass murderer might be inconvenienced in his attempt to acquire deadly weapons seems to upset our gun fondlers. Relax children, he`ll still be able to get one so why are you worrying about the little darling?

If , as you claim (and are right about) he'd still be able to get one even with an AWB in place, what's the fucking point of the AWB? Duh

Logic, some of you should use it once in awhile.

You are correct, that's what I'm pointing out in another thread. the AWB has ZERO effect on weapons already in the market. NONE . But the question you asked was "how would it have prevented Mateen from doing what he did" The answer is it would have prevented him from buying a NEW weapon.
Incorrect.
NEW AR15s were sold, legally, during the 1994-2004 ban.
Probably millions of them.
How? A picture is worth a thousand words

That's all I was saying.
And you're wrong.
Care to try again?

As with all legislation you write the best law you can, then amend or change it later if needed.

How anyone can support a person that is on the FBI watch list and has been investigated by the FBI for terrorist activites buying a gun, ANY gun, is just insane. If you can't start with a short list of the most suspicious then where exactly do you start? Really, you are going to defend this dirtbag having access to an assault weapon? Or a BB gun for that matter?

Bizarre.
I like your logic.
Why don't we just start by doing something? Sure the first attempts might not totally solve the problem but at least we are trying to prevent these radical muslims from continuing to murder every 'non-believer' they can.
Your logic is exactly the same as someone who says "we have a very serious and dangerous problem with tens of thousands of illegals sneaking into the country. Let's at least try something. Let's put up a physical barrier to at least attempt to keep them out. Like you say let's at least make some sort of list of people who have shown themselves to be potential threats to ordinary peaceful sane citizens......right? Like at least trying to properly vet people who want to come live in America. You know. Like the same as having a 'no-fly' list right? Call it a 'no entering the US' list right?
Stop the bad people from getting guns (funny how the mass murders are always muslims right?). And apply the exact same logic as doing a 'background check' on anyone wanting to come live in the US.
Again. I like your logic.
Pro Tip: Obama and the DEM can no longer be guaranteed the negro 'block vote' as shown in 2014. So let's flood the US with Latinos and Muslims. Shove the negroes under the bus and start sucking Latino and Muslim dick.
There has to be some LIB votes down there somewhere right?

Those who advocate a ban on anything for which there is substantial demand are ignoring the folly which is the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs. That ban has been furiously enforced for over half a century and recreational drugs are more available today than they were when Nixon initiated this waste of money and other important resources.

A ban on so-called assault weapons will create a black market for Chinese AK-47s. All it will do in the way of mass shooter attacks is shift the weapon of choice to semi-auto and pump shotguns loaded with 00 buckshot -- which are as deadly in crowded rooms as are any so-called "assault weapon."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back