Assault rifles for self defense

LOL! Unless you can get back to your time machine and return to the present.

Seriously?

{ The timing of Matsushita's death underlines the scale of Japan's suicide problem. Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, according to the World Health Organization. Despite laws and outlines adopted by the government to tackle Japan’s high suicide rate, the number of suicides has remained over 30,000 per year for 14 years. While there have been rises and ebbs, the numbers stay high even as Japan’s population continues to shrink.

Suicide hotlines in Japan are so overloaded that getting through to a live operator can take thirty or more calls. Many don’t have that patience. And there's a new documentary released in Japan this week examines why the Japanese government is unable to significantly reduce Japan’s high suicide rates. Suicide in Japan does not have the same nuance it does in the West. It’s not a religious taboo. The Japanese have a curious history of finding beauty in the act of suicide. Taking one’s life is sometimes considered more heroic than defeat.

The Japanese word for the act is remarkably straight-forward: 自殺 (ji-satsu). It literally means “kill” (殺) “oneself“(自)”. Suicide in Japan has a long tradition of being a means of apology, protest, means of taking revenge, and dealing with illness.

Rene Duignan, director of the documentary Saving 10,000: Winning a War on Suicide in Japan which was released in Tokyo just prior to Suicide Prevention Day in Tokyo, says: “Nobody tries to highlight the real problems and most importantly what to do about them. I planned to interview 10 people but it turned out to be 100.” }

Japan's Finance Minister Commits Suicide on Suicide Prevention Day - Global - The Atlantic Wire

Nothing has changed in Japan. A businessman in America who makes a bad deal will be fired. In Japan, they will be ordered to commit suicide, and they'll do it. It happens every, single day.

In 1992 the Korean store owners did pretty well with assault rifles for their self defense.

When I go shooting, about 75% of those also shooting are Asian. I wonder how much the 92 riots influence that?

It may not have helped their aim because way too many looters were left alive. They had the guns, they didn't shoot to kill and they should have.

Nothing has changed in Japan. A businessman in America who makes a bad deal will be fired. In Japan, they will be ordered to commit suicide, and they'll do it. It happens every, single day.

Are you high or something? It most certainly does not. :cuckoo:

I hope you are kidding, and not really trapped in anachronistic misconception.

Japan has one of the highest suicide rates in the world, according to the World Health Organization. .

And it is understood in Japan to be a very serious problem, not something accepted or glorified. You mentioned suicide hotlines yourself. Why have those if not to try and help people before they make a terrible decision?

Update your calendar.

The Japanese word for the act is remarkably straight-forward: 自殺 (ji-satsu). It literally means “kill” (殺) “oneself“(自)”.

Wow, how exotic! The English word is also remarkably straight-forward: Sui (self) + Cide (killer). It literally means to kill oneself, which is probably why we say 'kill oneself' so often in colloquial English.

The dramatic differences are just so stark! How might peoples ever understand one another!

It may not have helped their aim because way too many looters were left alive. They had the guns, they didn't shoot to kill and they should have.

I doubt many store owners really wanted to kill anyone. The task was to protect their stores, and they succeeded with minimal loss of life. That's a huge win, in my book.

The deterrence factor, in regards to adequate weapons in the hands of lawful citizens, needs to be emphasized...

hmmm... mebbe I need to say that again... in caps... with exclamation points...

THE DETERRENCE FACTOR, IN REGARDS TO ADEQUATE WEAPONS IN THE HANDS OF LAWFUL CITIZENS, NEEDS TO BE EMPHASIZED...!!!

The rioters preyed upon defenseless persons and undefended property...

even more so after the LA police, overwhelmed, retreated from the scene...

The rioters stayed away from the Koreans' stores, because the Koreans made it clear that they were heavily armed and ready to use their weapons against anyone with bad intent...

The Koreans didn't have to shoot anybody, because no one dared to fuck with them...

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

Here are some "real world examples" where the people needed "assault rifles for self-defense" but didn't have them...

But, let's be honest (try it for once) - ignorant, high school drop-out, partisan hacks like you don't want the truth. You want propaganda to push an agenda. These facts below are enough to end the conversation, but of course you won't actually watch and learn anything, and instead you'll just make snarky, nonsensical remarks.

When government turns on its people ? the truth behind Waco and Ruby Ridge ? Glenn Beck

So, you never did confirm that you were just kidding with this. It troubles me to think you might have actually been serious.

Assault rifles for self defense -

Real world examples of this happening in the U.S. when the person using the weapon for self defense is -

1. Not acting as a government agent nor using a weapon issued to him/her by the government
2. Not acting as a trained private security guard.
3. Not defending a criminal enterprise.

Any?

I have a Colt ar15....Molon Labe

Forum List

Back