Assassination. An option? Since when?

You aren't my 'audience'. Twit.

Sunshine is the person that argued that in a city with 90 percent Hispanic population the police were mostly white and without names told us 2 cops shot an Hispanic with what appeared to be a 9 mm for Racist reasons. She does fantasy quite well.

You just don't get it. I can choose a side and argue any point I like. On any thread. Unlike you and CG who have no world view except what someone else tells you.

Oh, please. You don't 'choose', you get led to wherever someone else tells you to go. Your 'world view' is based on a crock of crap. One of us is well traveled, intelligent, articulate, and an independent thinker.... clue: it ain't you.

That's because he was... but some of the more mentally challenged, overly emotional whiners on the forum don't get that.

Dude.... what's with the annoying green bold shit?

I like the color green and bold type

Makes you look like an attention seeking fool.... just so you know.

Well I don't worry about what anyone on a message board thinks of me good or bad if they have a problem with the type of font or color I use that is their problem not mine and if it's that big of a problem for them I' sure they can put me on ignore.

If you took this same article except said it was written by Iranian douchebag AmIdinnerjacket the right would be screaming how they are threatening the pres. Since this is a Jewish guy talking about Israel he gets a pass.

Israel can do no wrong...Just repeat that to yourself if you become confused

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
It is not clear to me whether this is a serious threat, but I just don't like leaders in the world assassinated, much less an American President.

Neither do I, but the governments and strategic planners of many nations, ours included, continuously look at potential scenarios that may threaten their nation and possible responses to those scenarios. Anyone doing that would be foolish not to examine all possible options, even including the most apparently outlandish ones. "What IF a reliable ally should become unreliable, or even dangerous" is a scenario of concern to ANY nation, and as with any other scenario, probable or improbable, it needs to be studied, and all possible options examined. Normally, of course, this is done behind closed doors, not in such a public forum, but it is done, nonetheless. In this instance, a private individual decided to do a bit of the same kind of speculation more publicly, in a newspaper. We allow that here in America, whether or not the speculation is obnoxious.

Of course the Secret Service will want to look at this, even interview the man who wrote it; their mission is to take every possible precaution to protect the president, and that means looking at ANYTHING that even MIGHT be indicate a potential threat, whether the law has been violated or not. The Secret Service, after all, like strategic planners and thinkers, get paid to imagine the unthinkable,and come up with ways to deal with it.

I suspect this is about as much an "immediate credible threat" and a "crime" as a work of speculative fiction, which is to say, it isn't. As for those of you who cannot distinguish between constructing an obviously hypothetical scenario and, and actually advocating that same action, you have a problem, either with understanding the English language, or with separating imagination and reality.

This does rather call into question the guy's loyalty to the United States, doesn't it?

It seems fairly evident that his first loyalty isn't to the USA, but instead his foremost loyalty is really going to the state of Israel.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
This does rather call into question the guy's loyalty to the United States, doesn't it?

It seems fairly evident that his first loyalty isn't to the USA, but instead his foremost loyalty is really going to the state of Israel.

Not that I can see.... but I have read the actual article. It does not speak to me of any disloyalty towards the USA. It speaks of a variety of theoretical options as solutions for a scenario. It's not 'fact' based, it's speculative. Nothing disloyal about that. You think we as a country don't 'war game' scenarios? You think our potential solutions don't include removing the leader of some foreign nation if necessary? Really?

Not that I can see.... but I have read the actual article. It does not speak to me of any disloyalty towards the USA. It speaks of a variety of theoretical options as solutions for a scenario. It's not 'fact' based, it's speculative. Nothing disloyal about that. You think we as a country don't 'war game' scenarios? You think our potential solutions don't include removing the leader of some foreign nation if necessary? Really?

Of course it was hypothetical but to downplay this as "theoritical options as solutions for a scenario" is phony. If this was from Iran or the Taliban...hell if this was from some wacko at a OWS meeting you bitches would be screaming like your hair was on fire.

You guys fear La Raza wants to take over the US, Fear the Taliban wants to impose Sharia Law, Fear that Black Panthers want to kill white folks, Fear based on what someone says or as you put it "theoritical options as solutions for a scenario"

Yet a Jew contemplates how to protect the almighty Israel by killing the President of the US and you guys suddenly find understanding and gray areas.

Obama says 57 states tho....:doubt:

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- The U.S. Secret Service is looking into a controversial column by an Atlanta Jewish newspaper publisher that mulled the assassination of an American president.

Andrew Adler, owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, wrote a January 13 column about the threat of Iran to Israel. He posed three options for the Jewish state to counter the Iranian regime.

One of them called for a "hit on a president in order to preserve Israel's existence."

"Give the go-ahead for U.S. based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies."

U.S. Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie told CNN Saturday, "We are aware of it. We are taking the appropriate investigative steps."

Wow. I can't believe this. Who doesn't know it is a felony to threaten a US president?

And what purpose would it serve? The vice president of the same stripe would be next in line!

Edited to add link: Jewish paper's column catches Secret Service's eye - CNN.com

Sorry, didn't mean to forget it.

Gee......whatta big surprise this thread maintains it's Politics-status.

:eusa_whistle:

The writer's a scumbag and so is the paper that published it.

But .... we have freedom of speech in this country. They're allowed to pull that silly crap.

Uproar after Jewish American newspaper publisher suggests Israel assassinate Barack Obama
Op-ed in Atlanta Jewish Times says the slaying of the president may be an effective way to thwart Iran's nuclear program.

NEW YORK - The owner and publisher of the Atlanta Jewish Times, Andrew Adler, has suggested that Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu consider ordering a Mossad hit team to assassinate U.S. President Barack Obama so that his successor will defend Israel against Iran.

The American Jewish Committee in Atlanta last night issued a harsh condemnation of Adler’s article, saying that his proposals are “shocking beyond belief.”

http://www.haaretz.com/news/interna...ests-israel-assassinate-barack-obama-1.408429

---------------------------------

Think he's a Republican?

Forum List

Back