As we watch the Repub House caucus ineffectually try to compromise on a new Speaker

...and democrats sold their soul to a senile pedo who is unelectable because of his moronic policies.
Sure thing, Q.

Most who voted for Biden only did so because we were voting against the cult, and you know it. There was/is no soul-selling for the mediocre Biden, and you know it.

You people don't even realize you're lying any more.

...and democrats sold their soul to a senile pedo who is unelectable because of his moronic policies.
Let me help you fix that. Repubs sold their soul for a pathologically lying, sexual predator who is unelectable because (among other things) of his failed coup.

Interesting. All along I've been wishing that the silent Republicans would say something, and instead, maybe it will ultimately be the donors who put their foot down.
It's tremendously encouraging to see the donor class react this way. The shit storm has gotten too shitty even for them. Better still, it seems to have caused fissures among them just as House Repubs are now more divided than ever. Proving once again.........

1697285191210.png

It's tremendously encouraging to see the donor class react this way. The shit storm has gotten too shitty even for them. Better still, it seems to have caused fissures among them just as House Repubs are now more divided than ever. Proving once again.........

View attachment 842757
The very definition of double-edged sword for me, since I'm so against money in politics :laugh:

People should rebel against those squatting in Congress, occupying seats where the people's representatives should be. These detestable slackers have proven themselves unworthy and deserve being fired.

Do you feel dumb now? Do you see how bad your instincts are? I told you it would be Jim Jordan. Youre fucking stupid. :cuckoo:
No I don’t. Jordan has not been elected. Not by a long shot.

He’d need near unanimous support from the GOP. Think he has that?

The very definition of double-edged sword for me, since I'm so against money in politics :laugh:
Yes, but anything that diminishes the electoral chances of the POT is a positive for democracy and the country.

Do you feel dumb now? Do you see how bad your instincts are? I told you it would be Jim Jordan. Youre fucking stupid. :cuckoo:
You understand the difference between being the nominee to be Speaker and actually being Speaker, right?

55 republican congress critters silently voted against Jordan becoming speaker.... Jordan needs to get all of them but a couple, to vote for him, as speaker....to become speaker.....

This may not be that easy....?

Sure thing, Q.

Most who voted for Biden only did so because we were voting against the cult, and you know it. There was/is no soul-selling for the mediocre Biden, and you know it.

An important thing to remember is that when Trump won, it was against a much tainted and light-weight candidate of the same political spectrum as Biden. I.O.W., what everyone had had enough of for a while t least. Then, he lost to an even more tainted, more light-weight. That speaks volumes on both sides of the duopoly "divide".

An important thing to remember is that when Trump won, it was against a much tainted and light-weight candidate of the same political spectrum as Biden. I.O.W., what everyone had had enough of for a while t least. Then, he lost to an even more tainted, more light-weight. That speaks volumes on both sides of the duopoly "divide".
Yes. That's what our screwed-up electoral "system" is spitting out. We have to fix the system, or we just continue to get more of the same.

An important thing to remember is that when Trump won
it was due to low black voter turnout, a decades long, deceitful, smear campaign against his opponent, and the EC which did not reflect the wishes of a vast majority of Americans.

Eliminate social security and Medicare for boomers. They have had enough freebies
What's your plan for the millions of people thrown in to poverty and untreated illness as a result?

There will be a new Speaker of the House when one can be found who is Conservative and willing to play by the rules necessary to get enough votes. Until then there should not be a Speakrr. Mr McCarthy slit his own political throat by refusing to live up to his promises and playing nice with the enemy. Nobody of that same ilk should even be nominated.

There will be a new Speaker of the House when one can be found who is Conservative and willing to play by the rules necessary to get enough votes. Until then there should not be a Speakrr. Mr McCarthy slit his own political throat by refusing to live up to his promises and playing nice with the enemy. Nobody of that same ilk should even be nominated.
The enemy being the Freedom Caucus.

I think we need to broaden our gaze in terms of who should be held responsible. The reflexive response is the extremist wing of the POT. Those who are perfectly fine with seeing the US default on the debt, not fund the government, and allow the House to essentially shut down when we need responsible governance. A group that has been come to be known as the Freedom Caucus.

Their collective flame throwing idiocy makes them an easy target. It's as though they are in a competition to see who can show themselves to be the biggest embarrassment to the country. It's bad when letting your date grope your tits in a crowded theater doesn't come close to the top of the list.

But the root of the problem isn't the buffoons with an (R) beside their names who have been sent to DC. It's the people who sent them there. The fact that most of them come from heavily gerrymandered districts does not excuse those voters. They see what is happening and they like it. Whether that can be attributed to Trumpery, or the 24/7 disinformation spewed from the media sources they use, or willful ignorance, it really doesn't matter.

The frightening truth is the chaos unfolding in front of our eyes is a reflection of what a small percentage of our fellow Americans desire. I offer as evidence the fact that previously unimaginable hacks like MTG did not lose their re-election bids in a landslide. Their constituents sent them back to Washington under the misguided notion petulant bomb throwing moves the country forward when the opposite is true.
to their detriment sometimes, the GOP members of congress actually think for themselves and vote their conscience. Whereas that dems blindly vote in a block for whatever their masters tell them to. Think about it, which do you really think is better?

Sure thing, Q.

Biden supporters ARE the cult, geez dude, are you blind?

Forum List

Back