As we watch the Repub House caucus ineffectually try to compromise on a new Speaker

You stupid Moon Bats need not worry your vile little heads. It is a fight between the RINOs and the Freedom Caucus.

If the RINOs win America is pretty much fucked. We get disastrous Democrat fiscal irresponsibility and destruction..

If the Freedom Caucus wins then America wins. We move towards fiscal sanity instead of more debt and spending.

You stupid Moon Bats need not worry your vile little heads. It is a fight between the RINOs and the Freedom Caucus.

If the RINOs win America is pretty much fucked. We get disastrous Democrat fiscal irresponsibility and destruction..

If the Freedom Caucus wins then America wins. We move towards fiscal sanity instead of more debt and spending.
Bullshit. If the MAGA loons win we get continued chaos

That's the short term solution. The larger, more pernicious problem is what to do about the rubes who give power to people like MTG.
Wrong. The "problem" is the Low-IQ, Low-Info voters who voted for Pedo Joe and his skank VP.

I can also blame the FBI, hi-tech oligarchs, the MSM, and the 51 traitors.

I think we need to broaden our gaze in terms of who should be held responsible. The reflexive response is the extremist wing of the POT. Those who are perfectly fine with seeing the US default on the debt, not fund the government, and allow the House to essentially shut down when we need responsible governance. A group that has been come to be known as the Freedom Caucus.

Their collective flame throwing idiocy makes them an easy target. It's as though they are in a competition to see who can show themselves to be the biggest embarrassment to the country. It's bad when letting your date grope your tits in a crowded theater doesn't come close to the top of the list.

But the root of the problem isn't the buffoons with an (R) beside their names who have been sent to DC. It's the people who sent them there. The fact that most of them come from heavily gerrymandered districts does not excuse those voters. They see what is happening and they like it. Whether that can be attributed to Trumpery, or the 24/7 disinformation spewed from the media sources they use, or willful ignorance, it really doesn't matter.

The frightening truth is the chaos unfolding in front of our eyes is a reflection of what a small percentage of our fellow Americans desire. I offer as evidence the fact that previously unimaginable hacks like MTG did not lose their re-election bids in a landslide. Their constituents sent them back to Washington under the misguided notion petulant bomb throwing moves the country forward when the opposite is true.
Chaos? To me it looks like this thing just wrapped up. Jim Jordan will now be the Speaker.

There hasn't been civil service pensions (CSRS) since 1987 when FERS came into being, some 36 years ago.

The only fed workers getting bennies under the old plan were those who were hired/retired before '87.

With every year that passes fewer former .gov employees receive a CSRS pension.

call it what you want. John boner gets $86K forever. He was only employed 26 years. Producing nothing of value I would add. do the math.

That's the short term solution. The larger, more pernicious problem is what to do about the rubes who give power to people like MTG.
Well...
The failure of our congress came back a couple of years ago with the rise of social media.
Free speech is fine within limits...but one of the most important limits is that the source of the speech must be recognized as to its origin. And during the hearings of the Social media platforms...they only wanted to discuss content and not sources.

Our national debt continues to increase with the current assembly of clowns in Congress. Where are the fiscal Conservatives? Maybe we should blowup Congress and start from scratch with term limits.

A few days? Try a month.....11/17/23....Plenty of time.

You are just mad that because of the Hamas attack congress is not getting the attention of the MSM as it normally would.....Sucks to be a leftist right now doesn't it?
I'm A-Political....don't care a whit about what party does what....because they are all extremely hypocritical. They say what they believe you want to hear. Nothing more....the only thing they believe in is lining their own pockets with money and the power they weird.

“I just shared with my colleagues that I was withdrawing my name as a candidate for speaker-designee,” Mr. Scalise said. “If you look at where our conference is, there’s still work to be done. Our conference still has to come together, and it’s not there. There are still some people that have their own agendas.”

His abrupt exit left Republicans back at square one, as fractured as ever over who should lead them and trading recriminations about the disarray in which they found themselves.

They planned a Friday morning meeting to discuss how to move forward.

“Steve won fair and square, and yet we had people who refused to vote for him,” said Representative Don Bacon of Nebraska, adding, “If you reward bad behavior, you’re going to get more of it.”

Rewarding bad behavior is returning nitwits like MTG to Congress after they have clearly displayed to all paying attention they have no interest in, or ability to, govern.
Rewarding bad behavior is returning nitwits like MTG to Congress after they have clearly displayed to all paying attention they have no interest in, or ability to, govern.
ironic

Again. Once again. Someone please point out where the FED GOVT can confiscate $2T more Tax dollars w/o tanking the economy. I'll wait on the Genuis commeeDemWitted anarChist baboons to find it.//

Not likely
You may be right.
There are 8 radical budget cutters that want Jim Jordan,
there may be 20 or so "Old Guard kick the can" guys that want Scalise.

It looks like a "Mexican standoff". I have no clue who will blink first. I want the Budget cutters to win.

Again. Once again. Someone please point out where the FED GOVT can confiscate $2T more Tax dollars w/o tanking the economy. I'll wait on the Genuis commeeDemWitted anarChist baboons to find it.//
Here is my solution. It won't tank the economy.

1. Add a 4% Federal Sales Tax on all sales (gains ~400b/yr)
2. Add a 0.1%? financial transaction tax on ALL financial buy/sell transactions (stocks, bonds, derivatives, bitcoin, etc.) (gains 777b/yr, see link below)
3. Add a Remittance Tax on all money sent out of the US (gains ~$150b/yr, see link below)
4. Remove the cap on SS tax, and raise the ages from 62/67 to 63/68 (saves SS)
5. Raise the tax and co-pay for Medicare
6. Add a co-pay for Medicaid
7. So if all of the above taxes were implemented, the $1T Budget Deficit would become a $350b surplus to start paying down the $32T Debt

Forum List

Back