Zone1 As in the days of Noah.................

Large vessels, ships, point still stands. If it's too big to carry to the water it can't be built away from where it will be launched. Why do you people try and make big deals out of nothing.

Why? If the earth is covered in water over the tops of mountains?

It's very flat "between the rivers ".

Why? If the earth is covered in water over the tops of mountains?

It's very flat "between the rivers ".
I believe that is an embellishment but even if you assume it were literally true, the ark was built before that happened... on dry land... away from a body of water or at least that was the point the OP was making I believe.

I believe that is an embellishment but even if you assume it were literally true, the ark was built before that happened... on dry land... away from a body of water or at least that was the point the OP was making I believe.

They were barges hauling grain, beer and livestock down river. Got caught in a four day flood.

They were barges hauling grain, beer and livestock down river. Got caught in a four day flood.
No. I believe it was a noteworthy, out of the ordinary event. What you are describing is an ordinary event.

Matthew 24:37-39​

New International Version​

37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

The Bible warns us of a society that will return to the state of depravity that existed during the time of Noah. Have we arrived?
I don't think you love the Bible as much as you say. If you did, you would appreciate Catholics who appreciate and adhere to the Bible. But no, you just attack them as though they were... Satan.

Maybe you should attack the actual Satan? Just a thought.

But Warning: he may not like it

No. I believe it was a noteworthy, out of the ordinary event. What you are describing is an ordinary event.
The geology indicates a flood plain 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf.

What I am hoping for is for the next great revival to come sooner than later. Things may seem as bad as they can get right now, but over the centuries when everything seemed to be at its worst, when most people had given up on religion and dishonest unethical monarchs were allied with dishonest self serving Church heirarchy to increase their own fortunes, something--God?--intervened. The people experienced a revival that returned them to the goodness that humankind is capable of.

Think even with the lawless and hooligans doing their worst out there, how much more ethical and promoting of quality of life most developed countries are compared to those long ago. So it can happen.
Ain't gonna happen. We are on the brink of The Time of Jacob's Trouble. You just need to make sure YOU are ready.

No revival is coming until the world goes thru hell

Well, well...Do you all read up on Archeology? FOUND: A GIANT SHIP stuck on a mountain from a region that has this discovery and signs of areas nearby inhabited by Jews in Turkey...could be...

Well, well...Do you all read up on Archeology? FOUND: A GIANT SHIP stuck on a mountain from a region that has this discovery and signs of areas nearby inhabited by Jews in Turkey...could be...
I heard about that years ago. Unless this is something new.

So what? You want to believe an ordinary flood was noteworthy that's on you.

It's not unusual for the Euphrates River to flood in the spring. That's what built the delta south of Basra. The one in 2900 BC was probably memorable.

Ain't gonna happen. We are on the brink of The Time of Jacob's Trouble. You just need to make sure YOU are ready.

No revival is coming until the world goes thru hell

It was pretty bad before Jerusalem fell. The new Christians fled to Pella so they escaped the tribulation.

It's not unusual for the Euphrates River to flood in the spring. That's what built the delta south of Basra. The one in 2900 BC was probably memorable.
I got that already. How does that change my point?

Ashame i'm just not one of the chosen ones Carl

But hey, maybe if i wish death to everyone around me, i'll be part of the rapture after all......

~S~

The Bible warns us of a society that will return to the state of depravity that existed during the time of Noah.

the bible dwells for an erroneous conclusion than the one taught by jesus and the reason for the heavens intervention, the triumph of good which is the only way anyone will survive the next and final heavenly occurrence.

Maybe you're right. Maybe not. I am more optimistic though.
Optimism has nothing to do with it. But I am optimistic too -- that this cursed Age of Man is soon coming to its end and God will bring His Kingdom and end the misery billions are enduring.

As a Christian that should be Good News to you, but you seem to long for a continuation of this present evil world

Forum List

Back