As he campaigns for president, Joe Biden tells a moving but false war story

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Joe Biden painted a vivid scene for the 400 people packed into a college meeting hall. A four-star general had asked the then-vice president to travel to Kunar province in Afghanistan, a dangerous foray into “godforsaken country” to recognize the remarkable heroism of a Navy captain.

Some told him it was too risky, but Biden said he brushed off their concerns. “We can lose a vice president,” he said. “We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke.”

The Navy captain, Biden recalled Friday night, had rappelled down a 60-foot ravine under fire and retrieved the body of an American comrade, carrying him on his back. Now the general wanted Biden to pin a Silver Star on the American hero who, despite his bravery, felt like a failure.

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!’ ” Biden said, his jaw clenched and his voice rising to a shout. “’Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!’ ”

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

Except almost every detail in the story appears to be incorrect.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

From now on when a DemonRAT or one of our ABNORMALS LIES say....

"My word as a Biden".

Or

Joe told another “Biden”.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

The Washington Post accuses Joe of dishonesty? Gasp!

The Communists are afoot. They don't want no Joe. He's too squeaky.

Damn that's really bad when they call out a dem on a lie.
That is almost enough to think that they might actually cover a bit of news. Almost.

Got to love it 400 people. Next the Dems will be standing on street corners hoping to catch two or three passerbys.

Joe Biden painted a vivid scene for the 400 people packed into a college meeting hall. A four-star general had asked the then-vice president to travel to Kunar province in Afghanistan, a dangerous foray into “godforsaken country” to recognize the remarkable heroism of a Navy captain.

Some told him it was too risky, but Biden said he brushed off their concerns. “We can lose a vice president,” he said. “We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke.”

The Navy captain, Biden recalled Friday night, had rappelled down a 60-foot ravine under fire and retrieved the body of an American comrade, carrying him on his back. Now the general wanted Biden to pin a Silver Star on the American hero who, despite his bravery, felt like a failure.

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!’ ” Biden said, his jaw clenched and his voice rising to a shout. “’Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!’ ”

The room was silent.

“This is the God’s truth,” Biden had said as he told the story. “My word as a Biden.”

"My word as a Biden".

Or

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
since now both liberals and conservatives agree that the Washington Post is a reliable source, why don't you tell us how many Pinocchio's The Washington Post has given Donald Trump?

The room was silent.

"My word as a Biden".

Or

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
since now both liberals and conservatives agree that the Washington Post is a reliable source, why don't you tell us how many Pinocchio's The Washington Post has given Donald Trump?

It's not a reliable source. It's essentially MSNBC on paper.

This is merely a campaign opportunity for the Progressive Post which does not want Joe Biden to be the candidate.

The room was silent.

"My word as a Biden".

Or

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!
The Washington Post is not reliable.

Forum List

Back