As a parent, how long would you have let armed police hold you at bay while they listened to their children being shot to death?

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
This heart break is being looked at from all different angles, but I just saw a picture of armed police holding parents back from the school while they listened to the gun shots that were killing their children... FOR AN HOUR. From a psychological viewpoint, I can't comprehend that.
My Dad would have steamed rolled right over any barrier and never missed a step to get to that killer if I was in that building. Being less than third of his size, I too would have steam rolled over any barrier and never missed a step to get to that danger to my children if my children were in that building. There would be no other thought in my head. Stopping and waiting while listening to one child being shot after another and another for any reason, would never been an option to consider.
I can not fathom, police standing in front of those parents for an hour while they let the carnage play out in range of a mob of people ready to swarm that school and stop that maniac.

So I wonder, How long would you have been able to stand there?

I would've shown up better armed & more motivated than any cop there. The cops would have had 2 shootouts trying to stop me.
There is no excuse for a failure to act & these cops should hang their heads in shame for the rest of their lives. They are disgraces to the badges they will hopefully have revoked with dishonors in short order.

Under orders means jack shit when kids are being slaughtered

Several parents DID rush to the windows or wherever and got in and brought out some children.

Shamefully, the police were blocking parents from taking their children EVEN AFTER it was all over and the kids were being loaded on buses!!

These Uvalde police are a bad lot, and that's a fact.

Yeah, I'm going in there with a screwdriver and a rock if I have to. Some things are worse than dying.

But LOCK THE FUCKING DOORS PEOPLE!!! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MINDS???

I live close to a middle school and I couldn't breach it with an Abrams tank. It is completely secure unless they buzz me in. THAT was unforgivable. If the doors were locked the police have the tranny trapped and it's just target practice at that point.

100% Republican Failure to Protect School Children.

Husband of Teacher Killed in Uvalde Shooting Suffers Fatal Heart Attack after learning that his wife Irma Garcia, a teacher who was killed in the Uvalde school shooting.

Last edited:
I'm supportive of good, honest, courageous and principled policing.

I can't imagine what police were thinking when they outmanned and outgunned the shooter. I can't imagine why they would prevent a primal instinct of a parent to defend their children.

What would THESE police do in the same situation and their children were in that school?

About as long as it would take for me to get to my car and retrieve my AR, 12 gauge, G17, and ammo for same and arm other willing dads.....Nobody is more important than your child, the cops included.

The cop's actions remind me of a scene in A Bridge Too Far.

You just going to stop, and drink tea?

I thought police ROE across the land after Columbine was not to wait but to rush the shooter and engage. Texas has a lot to answer for.

They would have had to shoot ME to stop me!!!
Even if I didn't have any kids in there.....I'd be heading in with whatever weapons I could grab onhand.
That's how I feel. In my mind they could have opened up on me and it still would not have stopped my legs from getting into that school.
My dad would have gone there from work. He was a sharpshooter in the Air Corp, but he wouldn't have had a weapon on him. He wouldn't have even put the car in park. He would have hit the ground flying. Even if the kid saw him coming and was able to get a shot off, my Dad would have plowed into him and driven him through a wall. He would have broken the kid's neck. My dad may have died too, but that fear would have never entered his mind. It wouldn't have entered my mind.

Last edited:

Husband of Teacher Killed in Uvalde Shooting Suffers Fatal Heart Attack after learning that his wife Irma Garcia, a teacher who was killed in the Uvalde school shooting.

Of course.................even though it is the DemonicRats that made it all possible for these psychotic murderous lunatics to walk across the border, set up shop here, and kill/maim and destroy at will...............the Reps are going to get blamed for it.

Hypocrisy, they name is DEMONICRAT!!!

What if the shooter had a bomb strapped that can wipeout the whole complex? What if he had a crew we didn't know and taken out even more? Enough with the pot stirring at the wrong time.

Of course.................even though it is the DemonicRats that made it all possible for these psychotic murderous lunatics to walk across the border, set up shop here, and kill/maim and destroy at will...............the Reps are going to get blamed for it.

Hypocrisy, they name is DEMONICRAT!!!
School shooter Salvador Ramos was a US citizen born born in North Dakota. He & his family were likely republicans.

Funny, considering that Shummy just shot down a protect our children bill today.
Democrats aren't fooling anyone...

Forum List

Back