As 2017 winds down - let’s examine President Trumps first year as President of the United States

I can answer that, we didn't reduce the debt, we reduced new debt. Unfortunately we're still paying interest on 20 trillion at a bare minimum. That's one reason I'm surprised of good news at all. I wouldn't have expected it. If Trump runs another 7 years and the worst we sit is say 28-30 T, I would say we did better than expected, but we're not even close to correcting the problem. Just the interest is astronomical.

Personally, I don't believe we'll ever reduce the debt. I believe the last time that occured was under Nixon. Clinton claimed it, but they played with the books, and our economy was awesome with "buyer incentives" and the tech. explosion.
Considering that the interest on the national debt is 266 billion and the debt increased by over 600 billion that excuse is way off base.

Clearly it is not a case of simple interest wiping any gains Trump made - those gains themselves are simply not there.

Excuse? You're off your rocker, it wasn't an excuse because Trump doesn't need one. Your post is wrong on too many levels. Be honest, if Trump saved your dog you'd suggest wrong-doing or failure.
Nope. I gave you 2 facts. The interest on the debt is around 266 billion. The debt increased by over 600 billion. Ergo, it is a FACT that more than half the debt CANNOT be from interest.

You come back with a platitude about my dog. Try again.

I can answer that, we didn't reduce the debt, we reduced new debt. Unfortunately we're still paying interest on 20 trillion at a bare minimum. That's one reason I'm surprised of good news at all. I wouldn't have expected it. If Trump runs another 7 years and the worst we sit is say 28-30 T, I would say we did better than expected, but we're not even close to correcting the problem. Just the interest is astronomical.

Personally, I don't believe we'll ever reduce the debt. I believe the last time that occured was under Nixon. Clinton claimed it, but they played with the books, and our economy was awesome with "buyer incentives" and the tech. explosion.
Considering that the interest on the national debt is 266 billion and the debt increased by over 600 billion that excuse is way off base.

Clearly it is not a case of simple interest wiping any gains Trump made - those gains themselves are simply not there.

Excuse? You're off your rocker, it wasn't an excuse because Trump doesn't need one. Your post is wrong on too many levels. Be honest, if Trump saved your dog you'd suggest wrong-doing or failure.
Nope. I gave you 2 facts. The interest on the debt is around 266 billion. The debt increased by over 600 billion. Ergo, it is a FACT that more than half the debt CANNOT be from interest.

WTF, I never said Trump reduced the debt in the first place. I agreed the rate of debt has decreased, and I brought up interest because 266 BILLION IN INTEREST IS RELEVANT. No where mother fucker did I dispute 600-266 or say new debt was BECAUSE of interest...................which you call an excuse. You pulled the entire thing out of your ass, because you can't control your hatred for Trump, Republicans or some BS, we're headed into the right direction, and that's upsetting.

Last edited:

WTF, I never said Trump reduced the debt in the first place. I agreed the rate of debt has decreased, and I brought up interest because 266 BILLION IN INTEREST IS RELEVANT. No where mother fucker did I dispute 600-266 or say new debt was BECAUSE of interest...................which you call an excuse. You pulled the entire thing out of your ass, because you can't control your hatred for Trump, Republicans or some BS, we're headed into the right direction, and that's upsetting.
More platitudes and avoiding your entire quoted post where you went on and on about the interest of the debt.

That interest is a small portion of that debt.

magi.jpg

More platitudes and avoiding your entire quoted post where you went on and on about the interest of the debt.

That interest is a small portion of that debt.

You should pull back on liberal propaganda and fabrications. Seems to me you've adopted the practice and now live in a state of delusion.

President Trump’s first year as President of the United States has been nothing short of astounding. To recap...
  • He has Hollywood progressives respecting the U.S. Constitution once again
  • He has progressive states concerned about state’s rights once again
  • He has other nations investing in the U.S.
  • He reduced the national debt by $70 billion
  • He has restored constitutional government
  • He drastically improved national security
  • He has businesses moving back to the U.S.
  • He decreased unemployment to a 17-year low of 4.1%
Simply incredible accomplishment in only 12 months. He is creating jobs (including for minorities), securing our borders, creating wealth & prosperity, reducing crime, and restoring the U.S. to our rightful place as world leaders. Can’t wait to see what he will achieve in 8 years.

On Jan 20, 2017 the national debt was 19,947,304,555,212.49.

As of today the national debt is 20,492,949,732,212.36.

For those of you not good with math, the latter number is bigger than the former. Thus the national debt has not been reduced under Trump.

It is never a good look when you have to make shit up for a "what have they done" list.
Obama ran up about 2.5 trillion per year under his administration. So far this year, Trump is at just over 550 billion. I'm not an ace in math but, that seems to be a little better track record.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He continues to illustrate true leadership and he continues to get real results...
“It sends the right message to friend and foe that the U.S. is serious on trans-Atlantic security and that President Trump doesn’t dither in these tough decisions.”
Not only is the message spot-on and critical, but the action also kills two birds with one stone. It is arming allies to fight enemies while also generating revenue for American businesses (which in turn generates tax revenue for the government).

Trump Approves US Lethal Weapons Sales to Ukraine, Angering Moscow

Forum List

Back