Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

Most of the quilts I found were actually inspired by local sunflowers. So, to go with the flow, with or without Van Gogh's inspiration, here are some of the other sunflower quilts, throws, and handmade embroideries:
Sunflower-Art-Quilt-21801151-400x440.jpg
com.leisurearts.801647_0_original__60873.1607482831.jpg
20220111215119_1024x1024.jpg

sunflowers+final.jpg
latte-image-63e7d518d5b86bd46924b49f.jpeg
Sunflower-Quilt-Template-Set-Sewing-Ruler-Kit-Multi-Shapes-Cutting-Formwork-DIY-Sewing-Handicraft-Tool-for.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

images
images
images
1681072822342.jpeg
il_fullxfull.1864057822_ju2o_750x.jpg

images
images
images
images

And for anyone who wants to make a particularly good applique sunflower quilt, here's a solution:

images
images
images
images
images

So many quilts, so little time!

Time for a Quilt Show. All over the world? Just enjoy!

rawImage.jpg
Oops! This one announced the Houston Quilt Show of 2020 had been cancelled. Down the Drain! *sigh*

The Crossroads to Texas Quilt Guild hosted its first quilt show in four years after postponing the 2020 quilt show due to the pandemic. The quilt on the left is known to quilters as "The Farmer's Wife Quilt." The instructions were in a Quilter's best seller book called "The Farmer's Wife Quilt." The one on the right is definitely in the Modern Art Quilt category.

6309540388acb.image.jpg

I love American Fiber Artists
They're the stuff of good if not great art.

I wonder if anyone could figure out a way to piece a quilt with these parameters:

Tiffany+Handmade+Flatweave+Cotton+Green+Rug.jpg

And more from wayfair.com rugs pages.........................while thinking about how could you piece something that is a braided rug...
Red%2FGreen%2FBlue+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Rug.jpg
Handmade+Hand+Loomed+Orange%2FWhite%2FPink%2FBlue%2FYellow+Indoor%2FOutdoor+Rug.jpg
Handmade+Hand+Hooked+Wool+Ivory%2FBlue+Rug.jpg

Flatiron+Performance+Gray+Rug.jpg

Very interesting colors--how would one turn something like this into a beautiful pieced or appliqued quilt? hmmm....​

And one from wayfair.com for the road...If you could just take one color circle and transform it into a cute baby quilt for chairity...
Handmade+Hand+Hooked+Wool+Ivory%2FBlue+Rug.jpg

Credit to: Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More | Wayfair At the bottom of the page there are 5 different pages to see a treasure of ideas. It'd likely be easier just to buy one of their pretty rugs and match your favorite up to any particular quilt style you like, or create a new quilt pattern that would reflect the works above. lol

This picture would be the inspiration to create a quilt in applique or intricate piecing that honors George Washington:

th

Last edited:
I just ran into this cute how-to make folded Hexagons,
And I can't tell you how impressed I was
With the teacher's amazing idea to make hexagons of the prettiest kind from circles!
After you see it, a very complex pattern seems to be a no-brainer.

Also found some quilts of her making:

b249ce_c3e5a4a958094faeaef340de9288b817~mv2_d_2550_3300_s_4_2.jpg
1685400577501.jpeg

Last edited:
This Lady loves handwork
And it's perfect for someone
Who doesn't have a sewing machine!
She also shows quilt-as-you go technique with hexagons!

Zig Zag Heart Quilt by Hope's Quilt Designs
I'm really finding amazing quilt patterns today!
Credits and pattern information: Hope's Quilt Designs

ZigZag Love . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Heart Spin
ZigZag_Love-Front.jpg
Daysail-Heart-Spin.jpg

Runaround . . . . . . . . . Christmas Hearts
Cover+Image+800px.jpg
. . . . . .
Christmas-Hearts-Mini.jpg

Cough-Drop.jpg
. . . .
Christmas_Hearts_Cover_Image.png

Last edited: