Artful Homemade Quilts Have A Way

I'm working like crazy on a baby coccoon and hat for our anticipated arrival, my grandson.

Cozy-Soft-Baby-Cocoon-and-Hat.jpg

I'm using the light and lofty yarn, but the color I'm using is blue....kind of a medium blue...

I think coccoons are a great idea...eliminates wresting around with baby blankets.

Not really conducive to car seats, though.

Bloodrock44 has requested prayers for his sister Sandi, who is suffering greatly from cancer and back in the hospital. :eusa_pray:

Thanks to anyone who is so inclined to ask God for her comfort and healing.

Progress on the green butterfly has been dismal. Sometimes it feels like my brain is asleep with my fibromyalgia medicine, but it beats pain. The cold weather conspires with the medicine to unmotivated me in just about everything except trying to do a better job of helping my husband with his dementia. I'm no doing about 67% of the driving, and as the weather warms, it will go to 100%, unless he gets a miracle. We're really trying, but I have limitations with pain-medicine-motivation-sleep-balancing medication issues. If I could just be totally self-sufficient from around the middle of this month when it starts warming up (I hope). The first thing I'd like to do is get this butterfly quilt top out of my hair. Really, that's a big goal. So here's my paltry effort for a week of trying to keep it together and do the lion's share of the driving, laundry, dishes, and sorting. Gosh, those things were so simple a few years ago. *sigh*

La Mariposa Verde
(I hope that means the green butterfly in Spanish). :lol:

Best wishes to Koshergrl on her hat project and other crafts!

Attachments

• $Greens Butterfly1.2.jpg
    $Greens Butterfly1.2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 42
The last butterfly will be black and orange-yellow, or similar color to a Monarch butterfly. I sewed a little on it today. :) It looks like 4 more days if I can just get the 4 flowers done soon. I hate doing the leaves. They're all four different colors, and the thread scraps accumulate. :evil:

Oh, well, I made so little progress, it's really nothing to write home about.

I hope Sunshine is doing well on the beach, away from the world of needles and threads.

Here, hope it warms up and is sunny soon. I don't think I remember the blue color of the sky. We've had gray ones for such a long time now. *sigh*

And hope all is going well for Koshergrl on her sabbatical too. Maybe she is getting some more sewing done for her loved ones.

I've been working on a plan for embroidering bird squares on a quilt. I'm selecting species now. I had 30 on a list. Should just finish the black and orange butterfly before doing too much else. I'll post the details later, if I can find the list among my souveirs.

OH, yes, some inspiration for the Monarch Butterfly, Danaus plexippus, quilt pictures. Will go to Bing! and get right back.

th
th
Monarch_Butterfly_Danaus_plexippus_Laying_Egg_2600px.jpg
VRLQURHQ1RYKWRQQTRKQWRJK1R40VRFKOQ3K3QLQ3Q90JRIQH0SQS0N000E0JR90R0MQR0X0VRRQUR.jpg

Sorry- that's the best I can do right now. :D
It's all good, Mr. H. A few weeks ago, I got to go to LaGrange, Texas to visit the (reasonably) new Texas State Quilt Museum. I'm still working on the embroidered butterfly. About a third of the outer butterfly is done, and about half of the orange border line have been sewn. As said above, nothing to write home about, except even the smallest progress adds a certain happiness to the heart. :)

And that's the best I can do right now, too. :eusa_angel:

She is a warrior for Christian charity, her charitable works:

quilt-yearend2.jpg

Carpenter's Wheel tells of Christ's humility:

il_570xN.508041177_ptvi.jpg

Crown of Thorns represent Christ's obedience to God to persevere through all and forgiving his attackers and killers:

IMGP1417.JPG

The butterfly of Christ's resurrection quilt at Easter:

easter-butterfly.jpg

Christ is the Lily of the Valley

5090723225_2a320637fb_z.jpg

Christ is the bright and morning star

Morning+Star.JPG

He's the fairest of ten thousand to my soul:

4A-7F-548-224-NewJerseyRutgersSCUA-a0a4h5-a_7233.jpg

(thousand pyramids quilt)

ab610adf79ab93ae4cd31556bb48de7d.jpg

Oh, Mr. H. I haven't been to church in such a long time because I get sick if I go anywhere near a crowd with fibromyalgia's immune suppression issue. So I just read my bible and try to do the best I can. I even pray for people I used to rub elbows with at church. They don't even send out church bulletins any more, and I miss them.

But I try to spend a little time quilting for those in the community to need them as an outreach of my little faith compared to healthy people who can live and move about in society without fear of spending 6 weeks recuperating from a common cold, or acquire a rash that drives you crazy for a couple of weeks whereas healthy people can just sneeze it off if they have an allergic reaction to something like wool.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, Mr. H. I'm blessed to hear you appreciate the lovely things quilters do.

Here's a friendship star in your honor:

th

I think coccoons are a great idea...eliminates wresting around with baby blankets.

Not really conducive to car seats, though.

Oh, Koshergrl, I tried to rep you for this post to welcome you back, and found out I'm out of rep for 24.

I'm so happy for you that you have a lovely grandson to sew for! :smiliehug:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Bloodrock44 has requested prayers for his sister Sandi, who is suffering greatly from cancer and back in the hospital. :eusa_pray:

Progress on the green butterfly has been dismal. Sometimes it feels like my brain is asleep with my fibromyalgia medicine, but it beats pain. The cold weather conspires with the medicine to unmotivated me in just about everything except trying to do a better job of helping my husband with his dementia. I'm no doing about 67% of the driving, and as the weather warms, it will go to 100%, unless he gets a miracle. We're really trying, but I have limitations with pain-medicine-motivation-sleep-balancing medication issues. If I could just be totally self-sufficient from around the middle of this month when it starts warming up (I hope). The first thing I'd like to do is get this butterfly quilt top out of my hair. Really, that's a big goal. So here's my paltry effort for a week of trying to keep it together and do the lion's share of the driving, laundry, dishes, and sorting. Gosh, those things were so simple a few years ago. *sigh*

La Mariposa Verde

Many thanks for your prayers [MENTION=29697]freedombecki[/MENTION] she is still not doing good. She gets test results tomorrow. I'm afraid to call.

La Mariposa Verde

Many thanks for your prayers @freedombecki she is still not doing good. She gets test results tomorrow. I'm afraid to call.
But you will, because it shows her love, and you know she needs you when she is down, isn't that so. :smiliehug:

See how you are! :thup:

Hi guys, good to see you and Becki the stuff you post is amazing as always.

I finished the cocoon and a hat for my friend but haven't taken pics yet. I was sick again over the weekend and the first half of this week (another virus lucky me) but happily I'm on the mend.

Though for a couple of days there I couldn't talk. I'm telling you, people were DEVASTATED! They missed my dulcet tones.

My next crochet projects are a mermaid outfit for the daughter of the director of my daughter's play (Little Mermaid) and a simple cardigan for my grandson...who I still haven't seen because we're sick. His older sissy is also sick and has to wear a mask at home around him, poor babies.

He was 8 lbs 1 oz, 21 inches long. Dark hair and I think dark eyes, very adorable but his mom is being secretive with him, darn her lol. She says he eats every hour, and they are pretty much hanging out in bed to allow little sister the run of the house. The hospital was essentially in lockdown due to a terrible viral outbreak when they had him, and the doctor was adamant that she keep him away from people for now. I sort of pooh-poohed it and ran it by my niece the DOCTOR (woo hoo! Love to say it!) who said absolutely, for the first month, she should keep him under lock and key.

She said this year's viruses are really, really bad, that they are mutating extremely quickly, that the vaccination hasn't been very effective because of that. She said the season started really early and is lasting long...and that for the first month babies will easily if not usually turn septic if they get it.

So the little family has barricaded themselves off from the world, getting used to baby brother and enjoying him by themselves, pretty much. My dil's sister lives there with them, so she is around to hang out a little with sissy, and dil says my son has been absolutely wonderful. He has always been wonderful with babies and children. Took us all by surprise because he swore he was never going to have any, haha. But when he met his baby sister, born when he was 17, he discovered he truly loved children.

The cocoon turned out really lovely, and the fabric of it feels amazing. I want one!

Forum List

Back