$Green log fun.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 85
  • $Green log cabin 3.jpg
    $Green log cabin 3.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 85
  • $Green log cabin trails.jpg
    $Green log cabin trails.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 79
I have a couple of quilts that I actually use on my bed that I bought many years ago. It has been way below zero here lately and I was thinking the other morning what good purchases they were. I love the feel and the look of them.

When I absolutely can't drag myself out of bed in the morning it's because of those quilts.

There is an angel's spirit in every quilt, Sarah. Their blessing comfort is unconditional, their legacy to the future of humanity. So happy they comfort you with blessed rest. ;)

Purple log cabin quilts:

Attachments

• $! Purple log cabin 3, uneven.jpg
    $! Purple log cabin 3, uneven.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 78
  • $! Purple log cabin 2.jpg
    $! Purple log cabin 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 75
  • $! Purple log cabin 1.jpg
    $! Purple log cabin 1.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 82
Orange log cabins from the internet:

Attachments

• $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 1.jpg
    $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 81
  • $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 2.jpg
    $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 79
  • $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 3.jpg
    $# Orange Log Cabin Quilt 3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 80
Other priceless exhibits I just loved in turquoises:

Attachments

• $7702377286_c698b622fa_z.jpg
    $7702377286_c698b622fa_z.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 85
  • $7702 log cabin star quilt_5862.jpg
    $7702 log cabin star quilt_5862.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 81
  • $770il_570xN_472218999_rjg6.jpg
    $770il_570xN_472218999_rjg6.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 81
Valentine Log Cabin quilts for the passion of one's hearts from online quilters:

6b3069fcc15fb2ffcb6f10c4879bc4f8.jpg

Heart%2Blog%2Bcabin%2Bquilt.jpg

ec6fbcf9f9130db6651c7d68265a83b8.jpg

Oh, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

Pink is just totally fun in a log cabin:

Attachments

• $Happy and pretty in pink log cabin.jpg
    $Happy and pretty in pink log cabin.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 87
  • $1111thLM7KWA1X.jpg
    $1111thLM7KWA1X.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 106
  • $11111thEF7K2OKM.jpg
    $11111thEF7K2OKM.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 85

When I was about 7 years old, my mother bought a brand new 3 bedroom home. She was the breadwinner of the family, and there were four of us children...so we were 2 to a room. I shared with my older sister, who is 10 years older than I am.

My mother allowed the older kids to choose the bedroom colors...my wonderful sister chose a deep, dark, teal color. An auntie made matching curtains and a bedspread for us. I still love all teal and turquoises...I see those colors and I'm immediately my very young self.....

:smiliehug:

Attachments

• $! A Neutral 1 log cabin echo quilt.jpg
    $! A Neutral 1 log cabin echo quilt.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 82
  • $! A Neutral 2 log cabin on bed.jpg
    $! A Neutral 2 log cabin on bed.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 82
  • $! A Neutral log cabin 3 dispersive.jpg
    $! A Neutral log cabin 3 dispersive.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 86

When I was about 7 years old, my mother bought a brand new 3 bedroom home. She was the breadwinner of the family, and there were four of us children...so we were 2 to a room. I shared with my older sister, who is 10 years older than I am.

My mother allowed the older kids to choose the bedroom colors...my wonderful sister chose a deep, dark, teal color. An auntie made matching curtains and a bedspread for us. I still love all teal and turquoises...I see those colors and I'm immediately my very young self.....
I adore the turquoise area on the color wheel. My sewing room has teal quilts, wallhangings, and everything else in it. Most color wheels show 6 colors. My personal color wheel consists of ten--pink, red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, royal blue, purple, black, and neutrals (brown). I incorporate pink with two other two entities--cerise and hot raspberry pinks, which are on either side of regular bright pinks. Between Orange and yellow, I totally love the schoolbus color in between the two, and a playful salmon on the red side of the orange. Jade is my pick that is found anywhere between green and Caribbean turquoise, there's a marine between turquoise and blue, and then there's periwinkle between blue and purple and a favorite of lavender blue between periwinkle and purple. Needless to mention, there is a shade of magenta I love and another that I hate unless it's skillfully interwoven with turquoise and lime green, another between color that is often used in my more naïve works.

Oh, colors are the joy of the eye like love is the joy of the heart! :)

Isn't it funny how someone else can influence us in color?

May we all live with beautiful colors and loved ones all around!

Last edited:
That does it. Tomorrow, that little embroidered flower I started before getting into embroidery is finished if it kills me. Seems like it's got a lot of logs and borders in it. :lol:

And if not, it will by tomorrow night!

May love and a handmade quilt surround all who enter here!

Love, and sweet dreams, everybody,

becki

I'm trying to finish a stupid hat for a friend who was very helpful to me when I was knocked off my feet last week by this tooth. I'm using a nubbly yarn that makes it hard to see what I'm doing, though it's very simple...and I keep having to rip it out and re-do it. I just want to finish the thing so I'm getting on it right now and finishing it tonight if it kills me. And it might, lol.

I'm trying to finish a stupid hat for a friend who was very helpful to me when I was knocked off my feet last week by this tooth. I'm using a nubbly yarn that makes it hard to see what I'm doing, though it's very simple...and I keep having to rip it out and re-do it. I just want to finish the thing so I'm getting on it right now and finishing it tonight if it kills me. And it might, lol.
Good luck, koshergrl. Please be sure to get some sleep now and then, and plant some carrots in the flower bed. They're good for the eyes, but they need good drainage or a raised bed unless you have the best earth around in the world, which is a possibility in your locale.

All I had time to do this morning after caring for pets and a man was look online and do about 3 inches of stem stitch on the green butterfly I started that has the flowers already done. It's #11 of 12, and I will be so happy when the butterflies are all done. :lol:

Then, I'm gonna play log cabin quilts. One group I neglected yesterday was round log cabin efforts. I found some I was familiar with and others that were recent innovations by very clever ladies out there:

th

3105887324_8960d74200_z.jpg

337d1256256000-attachment-337.jpe

Way too cute, imho. The new ideas are always out there, and I just love the heart, the unique bear's paw log cabin, and the round background one with four-point novas at the top. ;)

Have a great day everyone. I have to go get a small cat box for Mr. Touch. He's elderly now and has to be contained in the bathroom for the ease of cleaning the floors. He also needs frequent outings, but it's cold out there, in spite of his fur coat.

Needless to mention, Miss Music the black lab is not thrilled with Mr. Touchie Boy, and vice-versa. They're zen and yap. :lol:

not as difficult as a quilt but a good use for old shirts:

wxJzEia.jpg

This is really cool.

We have a baby coming any day in my family...the buttons wouldn't work for a newborn, though. I always used the gowns that pulled closed at the bottom for my babies, and loved them....I need to see if I can find any. Usually made of a very soft cotton knit...

Forum List

Back