Art of the Deal: Canada’s Largest Energy Company Moving to US

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Encana Corp., one of Canada’s oldest and largest energy companies, is moving its corporate headquarters from Calgary to the United States.

The company, which is also changing its name to Ovintiv Inc., said Thursday that having a U.S. address will expose it to increasingly larger pools of investment in U.S. index funds and passively managed accounts, as well as better align it with its U.S. peers.

Damn capitalist America.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/encana-move-us-united-states-calgary-base-ovintiv-1.5342315

Encana Corp., one of Canada’s oldest and largest energy companies, is moving its corporate headquarters from Calgary to the United States.

The company, which is also changing its name to Ovintiv Inc., said Thursday that having a U.S. address will expose it to increasingly larger pools of investment in U.S. index funds and passively managed accounts, as well as better align it with its U.S. peers.

Damn capitalist America.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/encana-move-us-united-states-calgary-base-ovintiv-1.5342315

Yep, they've been here since 1880.

We are getting crushed, there's no question. Especially in Ontario where the most talented cannot wait to get the hell out and help America or some other nation beat the few privately owned Canadian companies we have left.

Damn capitalist America.

We are getting crushed, there's no question. Especially in Ontario where the most talented cannot wait to get the hell out and help America or some other nation beat the few privately owned Canadian companies we have left.
They'll love it here. They'll have a monopolized population to extract wealth from and they can let all their infrastructure go to hell; that's what rolling brown and blackouts are for. Where their customers gonna go, another company? Nope, go without.

Damn capitalist America.

Meh....give em a few years and they'll be based in mehico if dems have their way.

Damn capitalist America.

They'll love it here. They'll have a monopolized population to extract wealth from and they can let all their infrastructure go to hell; that's what rolling brown and blackouts are for. Where their customers gonna go, another company? Nope, go without.

Like in california?
We have our own grid here in Texas and we never experience rolling blackouts.

My power has gone out one time in the 12 years I've lived in my current home......for two hours.
And that was during a major hurricane.
Kinda pissed me off really,I set up the gen set for ac in the bedroom,workout room,master bath and one of my five refrigerator freezers.
Right about the time I had it all working the power came back on.....sorry MFers!!!!
I was all set to rough it!!!!

Damn capitalist America.

Meh....give em a few years and they'll be based in mehico if dems have their way.

I had to do something for my own understanding and sanity. I decided to make a list of the most talented, intelligent, high performing, scholastic people I went to school with. A couple of them weren't even in my classes but they won multiple awards and they were clearly brainers.

I ended up with a list of 4 people, 2 from high school and two from university. I looked up all of their names, now almost 2 decades on since University, longer since High School. One guy in particular was an absolute genius who you knew was destined for greatness somewhere.

He, by far the leader of the pack; and two others were now living in America. Only one was still in Canada according to linkedin, google searches and social media that I searched.

Think about this. Born, raised, educated and apparently an asset to Canada and Toronto, 3 of them are gone! They learned quickly that our system is a Fiefdom where talent and opportunity/reward are not correlated. It is absolutely accurate, without question.

We basically have a police state. Operated covertly for the most part. Their families do well within it, as they would if they were a Moscow Chief of Police. Six figure salaries for some with a high school diploma, maybe a year of community college. Politicians don't confront them as they are left alone to fleece the system as well. "Leave me alone and I will leave you alone". These police apparatus will get their customary 3-4% annual pay increase, without accountability and immense unchecked power, low performing politicians will fleece at will.

We are relics and this lost company is just the beginning, there is no question. It's been going on since the 1990's when we had doctors leaving for USA. Each year it gets worse and each year we lose more ground. It won't change in my lifetime. Do NOT become like us.

Last edited:
Damn capitalist America.

WELL THAT'S IT. I'm sick of this shit. We better impeach Donald J. Trump before any more of this capitalist, America winning crap occurs.

Damn capitalist America.

I had to do something for my own understanding and sanity. I decided to make a list of the most talented, intelligence, scholastic people I went to school with. A couple of them weren't even in my classes but they won multiple awards and they were clearly brainers.

I ended up with 4 people, 2 from high school and two from university. I looked up all of their names, now amost 2 decades on since University, longer since High School. One guy in particular was an absolute genius who you knew was destined for greatness somewhere.

He, by far the leader of the pack; and two others were in America. Only one was still in Canada according to linkedin and social media that I found.

Think about this. Born, raised, educated and apparently an asset to Canada and Toronto, 3 of them are gone! They learned quickly that our system if a Fiefdom where talent and opportunity/reward are not correlated. It is absolutely accurate, without question.

We basically have a police state. Operated covertly for the most part. Their families do well within it, as they would if they were a Moscow Chief of Police. Six figure salaries for some with a high school diploma, maybe a year of community college.

We are relics and this lost company is just the beginning, there is no question. Each year it gets worse and each year we lose more ground. It won't change in my lifetime. Do NOT become like us.

You're preaching to the choir......
I have a bunch of relatives in BC and I've been there frequently.
I get an ear full from them about the canadian gov all the time.
My Aunt,rest her soul,and my Cousin both worked in the canadian healthcare system and had nothing but bad things to say about it.
Not to mention the cost of every damn thing!!!

Damn capitalist America.

I had to do something for my own understanding and sanity. I decided to make a list of the most talented, intelligence, scholastic people I went to school with. A couple of them weren't even in my classes but they won multiple awards and they were clearly brainers.

I ended up with 4 people, 2 from high school and two from university. I looked up all of their names, now amost 2 decades on since University, longer since High School. One guy in particular was an absolute genius who you knew was destined for greatness somewhere.

He, by far the leader of the pack; and two others were in America. Only one was still in Canada according to linkedin and social media that I found.

Think about this. Born, raised, educated and apparently an asset to Canada and Toronto, 3 of them are gone! They learned quickly that our system if a Fiefdom where talent and opportunity/reward are not correlated. It is absolutely accurate, without question.

We basically have a police state. Operated covertly for the most part. Their families do well within it, as they would if they were a Moscow Chief of Police. Six figure salaries for some with a high school diploma, maybe a year of community college.

We are relics and this lost company is just the beginning, there is no question. Each year it gets worse and each year we lose more ground. It won't change in my lifetime. Do NOT become like us.

My Aunt,rest her soul,and my Cousin both worked in the canadian healthcare system and had nothing but bad things to say about it.
Are you saying a bunch of unelected bureaucrats you can’t fire who control your life don’t do what’s best for you?

Im shocked.

Damn capitalist America.

Says the sock...

Damn capitalist America.

WELL THAT'S IT. I'm sick of this shit. We better impeach Donald J. Trump before any more of this capitalist, America winning crap occurs.

I know you meant that in jest, but Democrats actually do think that way. They are trying to use the media to put us in a recession, and the impeachment BS isn't helping.

Anything for power, including destroying the country they are trying to get power of.

Damn capitalist America.

I post details on here that are facts. The one that astounded me, is that 65% of our software engineers are in the United States. 65%! It's such an astounding figure.

Another was the 9.5% expat number. Those aren't the poor and useless who are immobile (and many of them surely on the Canadian "watch list" or suffering from a too low "social credit score" to succeed), they are the wealthy, the talented and the ambitious.

There is nobody to fight for people like myself and many others. Someone wants to destroy you, even at a young age, even through their own kids informing on you, like in East Germany; there is nothing you can do. You're finished and branded without recourse. It's not hyperbole, this is how monarchies work, especially small, unaccountable ones.

I believe on day America will just decide it's time to tell Canada to "shape up or stay the F out". It's already starting as many Canadians are being turned away, most of them for being lifetime stoners.

Last edited:

Damn capitalist America.

Like in california?

My power has gone out one time in the 12 years I've lived in my current home......for two hours.
Kinda pissed me off really,I set up the gen set for ac in the bedroom,workout room,master bath and one of my five refrigerator freezers.
Right about the time I had it all working the power came back on.....sorry MFers!!!!

That’s what the assholes get for living in Cally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a shitty company. I've known it for a long time. It was good in the 70s and 80s, but they've been a lot of dumb things ever since.

Alberta is a low tax jurisdiction. That they are moving to the US to get more passive investors means that management can't create value in the energy patch, of which they've destroyed value buying overvalued, shitty fields for the past decade. They are a joke.

Damn capitalist America.

Only moving "headquarters"? Funny...

Damn capitalist America.

Like in california?

No, that's what they get for voting the way they do. I've never been there, but I understand it was a beautiful state until the Democrats took over and Fd the place all up.

Damn capitalist America.

I had to do something for my own understanding and sanity. I decided to make a list of the most talented, intelligent, high performing, scholastic people I went to school with. A couple of them weren't even in my classes but they won multiple awards and they were clearly brainers.

I ended up with a list of 4 people, 2 from high school and two from university. I looked up all of their names, now almost 2 decades on since University, longer since High School. One guy in particular was an absolute genius who you knew was destined for greatness somewhere.

He, by far the leader of the pack; and two others were now living in America. Only one was still in Canada according to linkedin, google searches and social media that I searched.

Think about this. Born, raised, educated and apparently an asset to Canada and Toronto, 3 of them are gone! They learned quickly that our system is a Fiefdom where talent and opportunity/reward are not correlated. It is absolutely accurate, without question.

We basically have a police state. Operated covertly for the most part. Their families do well within it, as they would if they were a Moscow Chief of Police. Six figure salaries for some with a high school diploma, maybe a year of community college. Politicians don't confront them as they are left alone to fleece the system as well. "Leave me alone and I will leave you alone". These police apparatus will get their customary 3-4% annual pay increase, without accountability and immense unchecked power, low performing politicians will fleece at will.

We are relics and this lost company is just the beginning, there is no question. It's been going on since the 1990's when we had doctors leaving for USA. Each year it gets worse and each year we lose more ground. It won't change in my lifetime. Do NOT become like us.

A majority of americans have no idea how bad Canada has gotten
A majority under 30 years old do not know what a Canada is

Damn capitalist America.

Like in california?

No, that's what they get for voting the way they do. I've never been there, but I understand it was a beautiful state until the Democrats took over and Fd the place all up.

The Democrats fuck up every place they go.

Like in california?

The Democrats fuck up every place they go.

Which is exactly why we need two countries instead of one. Divide this country right down the middle from north to south. On one side, the liberals, on the other side, us conservatives. Anybody in the middle will just have to choose a side. We have a national vote on who gets which coast of the country.

If we choose my side on the east coast, then all the liberals would have to move out. My property value would triple overnight.

Damn capitalist America.

A majority of americans have no idea how bad Canada has gotten
A majority under 30 years old do not know what a Canada is

It's funny but true. Also very dangerous to your own Republic and national security. We have some of the worst spying activities against the U.S via Canadian police agencies and military. We just had a guy named Cameron Ortiz who was the highest level within the RCMP who apparently spoke Mandarin and was working with a "foreign government" (you can make your own guesses). His access and potential activities were so damaging that the RCMP have to review every office he touched, and, Canada is now in the dark from multiple nations in the network.

Worse, he was hand picked by former low life Bob Paulson, who was Commissioner of the RCMP. Even he is being questioned as the U.S wants answers.

You trust us and our police agencies at your own peril. I know how these guys work. They manufacture threats, entrap, misrepresent, lie and play the low performing nepotism game. Our nation, and often yours; pays a price. He is far from an isolated case. Jefferey Delisle, along with many police activities in Ontario, including one case of a cross border undercover in California. Canada lied about his activities until he was safely back home, then Canada has the audacity to ask for the money that was confiscated from him, based on illegal activity.

Keep your head up, read some of our papers and learn about the risks. It's far greater than you realize.

Forum List

Back